Queendiva

Where are the Dallas people

Hiya doing?

I hear there are a lot of people in Dallas getting stapled but we are scarce on this local board. What's up with that?

Hiya doing?

I hear there are a lot of people in Dallas getting stapled but we are scarce on this local board. What's up with that?

There are quite a few of us DFW people on the boards, and lots of Texas people in general.

I'm ready to leave the Hospital today. Small problem with temp and bp kept an extra day. Doesn't appear as there are any other people from Tyler lurking about so I would be nice if I could join the Dallas group. I'm not up for any GTG yet but give me a month or two.

I'm in Longview. I'm having my surgery done in Tyler at mother francis. Pending insurance approval. Got faxed to ins last week.

In Grand Prairie here!

I'm in Frisco. :)

Had the sleeve done 12/8/2010. 30 pounds off since beginning of 2 week pre-op diet and the loss since surgery. Thought I would die the first week but doing better now. Haven't seen a lot of Texas people on the forum. My wonderful doctor is Clayton Frenzel.;)

I'm in Garland, set to have my RNY gastric bypass on April 5th, I'm glad to meet other DFW peeps!!!

Longtime since I looked on this website. WLS a total success so far. Down to 225 lbs. I look and feel 20 years younger. Still not many Tyler people here. I used Dr Babineau and everything has gone pretty smooth. Had to open the stoma a bit once but it was a relatively painless procedure. I was told the other day I am half the man with twice the attitude. Here is to feeling good enough about yourself that you have attitude. hahaha.

Longtime since I looked on this website. WLS a total success so far. Down to 225 lbs. I look and feel 20 years younger. Still not many Tyler people here. I used Dr Babineau and everything has gone pretty smooth. Had to open the stoma a bit once but it was a relatively painless procedure. I was told the other day I am half the man with twice the attitude. Here is to feeling good enough about yourself that you have attitude. hahaha.

That's GREAT!!! I'm just 3 weeks out today....lost 19 lbs so far since surgery but I know that's not gonna last....I'm looking forward to being out of the 200's!!!

jen

Dr. Barker was my surgeon 2!!!!

Congrats on your success!!!!!

Mine, too. :)

Mine, too. :)

Dr. Barker was mine as well. I had some post-op complications, but things are fine now. I honestly never really think about it anymore. My pouch seems to like everything fine, though I do eat an induction-phase Atkins diet, so no sugar, etc.

I have to admit, while I loved Dr. B going in and I think he did a fine job on my surgery (and Doctor's Hospital was like a resort!), I found his office dismissive and condesending afterwards when I was having trouble. After they did a swallow test they all but told me to suck it up. It took my PCP to find that stomach wasn't emptying in a reasonable time frame. Eventually she had my stoma enlarged and that seemed to help tremendously. I just wish Dr. B's office hadn't been such jerks about it. My recovery was delayed such that I lost my job of 12 years as I simply couldn't fuction (I got to where I wouldn't eat for fear of being ill and not being able to puke it up). A little sympathy or at least a 'lets find out what's wrong' attitude would have made a huge difference.

On the up side I'm 197lbs today from 384 when I started this journey. I'm wearing Misses 18 jeans and XL tops are a bit baggy. I bought a few dresses at Ross, one a 16 and one an XL and the XL is too big. It is amazing to me that I can actually buy clothes at 'normal' stores and I am always misjudging how much room I need to get around stuff. Buying new clothes is expensive though. The bras I bought two months ago don't fit now... and they don't come cheap! Great problems to have, for sure.

I just mention all this to give hope to those having a rough go of it. Sometimes in spite of all the best preparation things take time and diligence to resolve themselves. I'm still a ways from an 'ideal' weight, but at least I'm often not the biggest woman in the room anymore! And I'm still losing 5-10lbs a month so hopefully by time I hit my year mark in August I'll be close to 170ish.

I am in Tyler and hope to have gastric bypass in July.

Dr. Babineau is my doctor as well.

I am in frisco, looking for a support group. 2 weeks post op.

any groups in north dallas ?  7/20/18