mweaver47

Hello from Honolulu

They want me to fly in on the 26th again maybe I can get them to let me stay later so I can do the walk :)!!!

Oh, I hope so!! If it looks like you're going to be able to stay...let's say hi to each other!

Oh, I hope so!! If it looks like you're going to be able to stay...let's say hi to each other!

I met Harley yesterday she is Amazing!!!

Hello My Ladies....

I just wanted to say I think we (HarleyBella, Crazybaker and myself) are going to go through the surgery at Tripler right around the same time!!! I hope you're ready....cause I am so past ready!!

Mandatory Walk at Pearl Harbor Wednesday the 26th @ 6:00pm!!

See you there?

ill be there!! i might leave the hubby at home and have some girl time with yall!!

Baker have fun with the hubby!!!!

Amanda you def should come to the walk!!

Well, I went and met Dr. Lim today! I am so excited that I feel like things are finally moving along. He was impressed with my current weight loss and does not forsee any health reason not to do the surgery. I see the nut next Thur. for the first time. Hopefully things will move quickly there. I just want to get this whole preop process done ;)

Well, I went and met Dr. Lim today! I am so excited that I feel like things are finally moving along. He was impressed with my current weight loss and does not forsee any health reason not to do the surgery. I see the nut next Thur. for the first time. Hopefully things will move quickly there. I just want to get this whole preop process done ;)

That's great CrazyBaker!!! Now, is Dr. Lim your surgeon? How much weight have you lost so far and did Dr. Lim give you any idea when you might have your surgery? Thanks for keeping us posted...it is incredibly helpful and I really do appreciate it!

Yes, I am going to have Dr. Lim do my surgery. If you do not like the person you do your initial interview with, you can request to meet the other surgeons, but I am comfortable with him. So far I have lost 14 lbs since Nov. 18th. As far as when...it all depends on what happens with nut and psyc. Hopefully it will all go fast. I am going to start the one cup diet on Sunday, even though I do not see them until Thur. I am already pretty much doing it for breakfast, just need to work on lunch and dinner. When do you go back to the dr.?

Yes, I am going to have Dr. Lim do my surgery. If you do not like the person you do your initial interview with, you can request to meet the other surgeons, but I am comfortable with him. So far I have lost 14 lbs since Nov. 18th. As far as when...it all depends on what happens with nut and psyc. Hopefully it will all go fast. I am going to start the one cup diet on Sunday, even though I do not see them until Thur. I am already pretty much doing it for breakfast, just need to work on lunch and dinner. When do you go back to the dr.?

I go back to Dr. Verschell on the 4th of Feb, at which point I am hoping he pushes me through to nutrition...at least he said he would. I've heard Dr. Lim is really good, but I have to be honest and say that I've heard that about all of them.;) Great job on your weight loss...you're already done with your 5% right?! Getting through the lean program seems to be the longest. I'v'e been told if you've lost your 5% by the time you get to NUT, you see them initially...1-2 weeks later for a follow up and that's it!! Your surgery should be somewhere around 30-45 days max!! I am so excited for me and for you!!! Congrats!!

Went to Nutrition today! She wants to see me again on March 3rd but gave me the one cup diet (2 weeks), liquid (1 week), and pureed diet(1 week). Then she said she would pass me on. She is putting in the consult today though for Pschy because there is a one month waiting time on appointments. I am so happy that things are moving along here. My husband comes home in 2 days too. :) It is just a good week for me.

Went to Nutrition today! She wants to see me again on March 3rd but gave me the one cup diet (2 weeks), liquid (1 week), and pureed diet(1 week). Then she said she would pass me on. She is putting in the consult today though for Pschy because there is a one month waiting time on appointments. I am so happy that things are moving along here. My husband comes home in 2 days too. :) It is just a good week for me.

I am so very happy for you!!! I know you're ecstatic about seeing your husband...that feeling of butterflies never gets old!! I love it when my husband comes back from deployments/TDYs. I've been married for over 20 years and that feeling never diminishes--when it does, I'll know not to renew his contract! :D

Glad you saw the nutritionist!! I wonder if I start your regime right now, if she will just push me through? I've been doing the cup diet for over a month now. It's kind of disheartening to know that they are so booked with appointments--the waiting is excruciating!!! :mad::(

Didn't mean to make this about me! I am thrilled that you're moving through!! You should be looking at a surgery date around the middle to end of March!! Right around the corner chickie!! Hang in there!

Okay just joined and can't figure out how to start a new thread on this dang thing! Help!! :confused:

HI, looks like we are about the same place time-line wise. I see the Nutritionist tomorrow and am very nervous. Who did you see? I think I have done really well up to this point, but you never quite know. Did she say how many times you would have to see her, or see Psych?

HI, looks like we are about the same place time-line wise. I see the Nutritionist tomorrow and am very nervous. Who did you see? I think I have done really well up to this point, but you never quite know. Did she say how many times you would have to see her, or see Psych?

Rebecca, I would love to know your outcome tomorrow. I think there are several of us on pretty much on the same time line looking at surgery at Tripler either at the end of February or early to middle March.

From what I understand, you go to the nutritionist for an initial appointment and they put you on a strict regiment of 1 cup meals, then pureed, then liquid and you have to go back to see them to see how you did. If they are satisfied and you seem comfortable, then you move forward.

I have one friend who had her surgery in November (at Tripler) who had already started the 1 cup meals and had lost her 5% before she got to the nutritionist. When she had her initial consult, the nutritionist looked at her progress and her paperwork and pushed her through without having a 2nd appointment--she cleared the nutritionist and psych within 2 weeks.

On the other hand, I've been told that if you haven't lost your 5% and seemed to have struggled with the Lean program that they will have you come back in 30 day increments until they are satisfied that you are on course.

Then there are things that are totally beyond your control that do not work in your favor such as a back log of appointments. For example, if you're doing okay by the time you get to the nutritionist, s/he may only want to see you one more time within as early as two weeks, but they are so booked up that they you end up getting an appointment 30 days later (I think this may have happened to someone on this board).

Waiting is the worst part!!:( But our dates are right around the corner!!;)

I'll be at the Pearl Harbor next Wednesday, perhaps I will see some of you there! Walk is at 6:00 pm--if you're coming make certain you're on time so that you can sign the book. Yvette has not been staying beyond 15 minutes and if you're late and unable to sign the book, you are considered absent from what I understand.

Just in case anyone is interested:

Email: LockettOhana@gmail.com

Facebook: facebook.com/val.lockett

Please update us tomorrow on your visit Rebecca!!

Yvette has stated that you can call her if you need to if you are at the walk late and she will sign you in. I am really bad about names but the nut. I saw was really chipper and I have seen her in every class. She is going on vacation that is why I have to wait so long to go to my next appointment with her. I know I asked the Lean coordinators about starting the 1 cup diet and they wanted me to wait till I saw the nut. One thing to remember with it it that 1/2 c has to be protein and the other half can be anything else (not sugary though ). You can eat every two hours if you want and must keep your calories to 800-1000. I do that for two weeks then liquid for a week then purree for a week then back to the 1 c. diet. If you get really hungry between the meals you can eat veggies.

i go for my second nutrition appt tomorrow!!! Maybe i will see ya in the waiting room!

My appointment is at 8:15, they said that Tripler has construction going on so plan on a 30 min delay. So I will be up there around 7:30 ish. I have lost 33lbs since I started this journey so maybe they will push me right on through. Who knows, although the end of March works out best because I would like to spend time with my kids during spring break, go to the zoo maybe. Cross ur fingers girls that I have what it takes! I'll take massive notes and give everyone the 411. If you don't hear from me in a while, things got bad :),

My appointment is at 8:15, they said that Tripler has construction going on so plan on a 30 min delay. So I will be up there around 7:30 ish. I have lost 33lbs since I started this journey so maybe they will push me right on through. Who knows, although the end of March works out best because I would like to spend time with my kids during spring break, go to the zoo maybe. Cross ur fingers girls that I have what it takes! I'll take massive notes and give everyone the 411. If you don't hear from me in a while, things got bad :),

Your attitude and commitment speaks volumes--33 pounds wow!! I'm sure everything will be fine!! You're moving forward chickie!! :)

Welcome to TT:)Do what you think is best for you..

hey there!!! Thanks for the welcome!! Im actually a usmc wife we just live on hickam!! Yup everything is done at tripler!! Thats the one thing im scared of is the extra skin... i hope everything goes well with your tummy tuck!! Well at first i was fully set on having the lapband but im up in the air now because i have heard bad things about them.

Sorry for my lovely delayed response. lol Well thats the reason i changed my mind, rny seemed to be one stop shopping and youre done , lapband with military they dont pay for fills + its annoying getting stuck often and hoping you dont get slippage. Thnx and good luck to u as well!!:)

Had my 2nd nutrition appt today!! Since i have lost over my 5% she said i don't have to do the full week of liquids and full week of puree!! Just 2 days of each! then she will either call me and we can follow up on the phone, my next step is psych!! She said usually once you go to your first appointment and they set up your appt 2 and appt3 you can go tell yvette and she will get you a OR date!!! Kinda scary :eek: and exciting :D to think about..... oh BTW from my highest weight i have lost 18lbs!!!!!!!! :)

Had my 2nd nutrition appt today!! Since i have lost over my 5% she said i don't have to do the full week of liquids and full week of puree!! Just 2 days of each! then she will either call me and we can follow up on the phone, my next step is psych!! She said usually once you go to your first appointment and they set up your appt 2 and appt3 you can go tell yvette and she will get you a OR date!!! Kinda scary :eek: and exciting :D to think about..... oh BTW from my highest weight i have lost 18lbs!!!!!!!! :)

This is wonderful news Harleybella!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Way to go!!! It's right around the corner sisterella--my heart is fluttering and full of joy right now for you!

This is for my Hawaii clique who may not have come across this yet:

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/pre-op-gastric-bypass/17368-best-advice-pre-op.html

A lot of great information!!

I never would have thought about this and having had two kids and two other surgeries, I should have, but CHAPSTICK is a MUST!! Your lips will be so dry and the ice chips will only do so much--and we all know licking them makes it worse.

Another great thread: http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/pre-op-gastric-bypass/16533-pouch-rules-dummies.html

Post Op thread: http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/post-op-gastric-bypass/17369-best-advice-post-op.html

Edited by Val
Additional Information

Hey girls, had my Nut appointment, she said I have done a fantastic job. She gave me homework!!! HOMEWORK!!! I have to make a menu for the first 12 days following my surgery. 6 of the full liquid and 6 pureed meals. Pureed is no issue but 6 full liquid has me using to much brain power. But she did say she will have the Psych consult in today!!! One step closer. So girls can u help me out on the 6 days of the full liquid diet!! It's only cheating if I get caught:) Thank you in advance.

Hey girls, had my Nut appointment, she said I have done a fantastic job. She gave me homework!!! HOMEWORK!!! I have to make a menu for the first 12 days following my surgery. 6 of the full liquid and 6 pureed meals. Pureed is no issue but 6 full liquid has me using to much brain power. But she did say she will have the Psych consult in today!!! One step closer. So girls can u help me out on the 6 days of the full liquid diet!! It's only cheating if I get caught:) Thank you in advance.

Stay super strong Becca...cheating is cheating!!:) Post an 8x10 photo of the size you do not want to be in one year on your fridge, look at yourself naked everyday in the mirror (although my mirrors were flat out lying to me until I saw the Christmas pictures :eek:), talk to yourself or others for positive reinforcement. My point is, do whatever it takes for you to remember the goal.

Besides the obvious goals of being healthy and off of various meds I have two:

1. To tie my shoes without having to negotiate with my stomach

2. To buy sexy lingerie and make love with the lights on for my husband who is so worthy of such a thing and for myself--I deserve to feel good about my body

Stay focused sisterella and in contact--you have friends that absolutely know exactly what you're going through as far as this WLS thing goes. :)

Congrats on your progress...your date is right around the corner!

it sounds like were in the exact same place! i had a nut appt today and i have to do those meal plans too!