mweaver47

Hello from Honolulu

Amanda, don't be nervous about the information session and yes, definitely start your 30 day calendar. Dr. Verschell and the other nutrionist (CPT Wunderlich) are going to want to see that you've adopted a positive eating pattern. It will speed it up because you can't advance until he (Dr. Verschell) clears you.

Also, on Facebook--I know there are several of us with the same name..I am one of the black ones, in a long black glittery dress and right underneath my picture I have this short blurb about living in Honolulu and my family. Val Lockett or by email (might be a better search) Val_Lockett@msn.com

Edited by Val

Ariel Hi!!

Wow, you've lost a lot of weight fast!!!! How do you feel??? How long were you in the hospital? Oh my!! You just don't know what encouragement you have just given me!!!! I am straight stoked right now!!! THX! :D

Ariel Hi!!

Wow, you've lost a lot of weight fast!!!! How do you feel??? How long were you in the hospital? Oh my!! You just don't know what encouragement you have just given me!!!! I am straight stoked right now!!! THX! :D

I lost 38 lbs before surgery by just changing my eating habits and not drinking my calories :) Plus walking and swimming.

I've lost 15 lbs since surgery (almost a month post op). So that makes a total of 53lbs lost!

I'm feeling good. Recovering from surgery was pretty hard. My big incision is still a little sore when trying to sleep.. but pain meds help :)

I was in the hospital from Monday till Thursday.

I started yesterday keeping track of everything I am eating. I write it down throughout the day and also use an android app on my phone from sparkpeople to track calories, etc. Because I do not want to loose any wieght before my initial appointment where I get qualified, I do not want to change the way I eat just yet...the problem is after logging everything yesterday and looking at the calories, I DON'T want to eat the same way. It shames me. My weakness is sweets so yesterday being Halloween...I wish I could say that it is only like that on Halloween but... Also, in order to maintain my wieght it says I need 3500 calories. I logged 1890 yesterday. The only thing I did not have yesterday compared to most days in a soda (mt. Dew or Coke). Any suggestions?

Yes start it now!! Once u have 30 days logged u can make the appointment to see dr. Vershell!!

Who is Dr. Vershell?

Well, I went to the information class today so I finally started the walk down the road. I am so happy that things are going to get moving now (hopefully)! Next step is the LE3AN informtaion session! Looking forward to getting things started!

the tripler program is really helpful, as long as you keep up with everything!! I went to my first info session at the end of sept. and im already in the nutrition phase and have lost my 5%! Now my decision is which surgery to get.

I went to the Info session today and had my EKG. I will go on Monday to get my blood test so that I can get the 1st appointment with the Surgeon. Really hoping everything moves smoothly and get the surgery in March.

So, I did the info session the 16th I think... I did my EKG , and blood work that day.. I was suppose to met with the surgeon that day but he was to busy.. I am seeing him Jan 11th then I go to the LEAN program. I just hate flying over soo much lol.. Good thing the base pays for most.

The class that I went to last week was the 2nd info class. I did the first one on Novemeber 18. I have also done the lean class. It was full of information! I really enjoyed it. I have also already seen one of the Lean coordinators. Start your 30 day log now. The online programs really help. I use sparkpeople.com on my phone as well as the computer. If you can put it on your phone I highly recommend it. You will not be able to see any of the coordinators until you do the 30 days of tracking. Good luck.

They told us March.

ok thanks!! ive been trying to get ahold of yvette but she hasn't returned my calls and its been almost a week....

I was told by Dr. Verschell that he was PCSing in March. I chose him as my surgeon, but now I am going to go with Dr. Zgorksy, whom I chose in the beginning, but he deployed to Iraq and got back a few months ago.

Yvette, is probably the most unprofessional person I have come into contact with at Tripler. :mad: Her attitude is typical and not returning phone calls is her forte. It's unfortunate that she is the only coordinator for this program, which may be a part of the problem--however how long does it take to make a 30 second phone call for heaven's sakes??? The only way she is likely going to return your phone call is when you leave a message stating that you're going to file a complaint with customer relations.

thanks so much for writing me back! Yea i know i somehow forgot that i need to make an appt with the surgeon once my bloodwork was back and im in the Nutrition phase. I really wanted Dr. Shriver to do my surgery because i have heard great things about him, do you know anyone that had the other doc as a surgeon? After a week of calling yvette i finally just called the nurses station and they gave me the number to the lady that does the scheduling.... would it really have been all that hard for her to pick up the phone and give me that phone number.... it just makes me mad.... do you know if there is a wednesday group this week, i havn't been to one yet.

Hi HarleyBella (love the screen name),

There is a group walk tomorrow at Tripler. Just in case you cannot make it here is the schedule:

Tripler Track--First Wednesday

KBay Pop Warner Field--Second Tuesday

Schofield Castle Field--Third Thursday

Pearl Harbor Quick Field--Fourth Wednesday

To answer your question, I do not know anyone else who had Dr. Zagorsky as their surgeon, but I've been told that they are all excellent and none of them have had patients to died or had major complications directly related to the surgery itself. The only thing about Dr. Z is he will not perform your surgery if your significant other isn't on the island, or if you do not have a relative that can stay with you for 6 weeks after the surgery.

Yvette is a pill, but she's not a surgeon, so try not to let her get to you. I hope you're as excited as I am about getting to the new me (I'm committed to bringing my sexy back!! :P). I'm hoping to have my surgery at the end of next month or early March. Let me know if you have any other questions! :) Perhaps I will see you at one of the walks!!!

thanks! i usually go to the ones at pearl harbor ive been to 3 or 4 of them so far! Do you go to the support group? The hubby will be home hes having surgery on his shoulder early Feb so hes non deployable right now!! I kinda think its a good thing that he won't do surgery unless you have someone to take care of you.... i couldn't imagine going through a big surgery with no one there to help me.. Thats about the same time frame im looking at!! What stage are you at now? Hopefully i will see ya around pearl harbor walk or if i go to the meeting tomorrow!

Welcome Harley Bella, Im an afwifey too stationed in LA. I was born at Tripler though and the hospital is amazing. Are they able to do weight loss surgeries on post/base there at tripler ? If so thats great, I had mine done at Wright-Patt in Ohio and they have 2nd largest in AF and i had no problems plus no out of pocket expenses, now I just need a tummy tuck unfortunately im not stationed there anymore so $$$ has to be spent.. Which procedure are your leaning towards?

Goodness gracious Harley!!

I just re-read my response to you and it read like darn 3rd grader wrote it!!:confused: I also normally go to the one at Pearl Harbor but I have planned to go to all four this month because I am fluctuating with my 5% weight loss. I don't know about the support groups because I haven't attended them, but I've heard they are great. I have one more visit with Dr. Verschell (on Feb 4th) and he said he would pass me along to CPT Wunderlich (the nutritionist). As far as my stage, I am in the LE3AN/Healthy Lifestyle stage with Dr. Verschell--just saw him yesterday and hopefully at my follow up visit he will pass me along to nutrition and psych.

Welcome Harley Bella, Im an afwifey too stationed in LA. I was born at Tripler though and the hospital is amazing. Are they able to do weight loss surgeries on post/base there at tripler ? If so thats great, I had mine done at Wright-Patt in Ohio and they have 2nd largest in AF and i had no problems plus no out of pocket expenses, now I just need a tummy tuck unfortunately im not stationed there anymore so $$$ has to be spent.. Which procedure are your leaning towards?

hey there!!! Thanks for the welcome!! Im actually a usmc wife we just live on hickam!! Yup everything is done at tripler!! Thats the one thing im scared of is the extra skin... i hope everything goes well with your tummy tuck!! Well at first i was fully set on having the lapband but im up in the air now because i have heard bad things about them.

Goodness gracious Harley!!

I just re-read my response to you and it read like darn 3rd grader wrote it!!:confused: I also normally go to the one at Pearl Harbor but I have planned to go to all four this month because I am fluctuating with my 5% weight loss. I don't know about the support groups because I haven't attended them, but I've heard they are great. I have one more visit with Dr. Verschell (on Feb 4th) and he said he would pass me along to CPT Wunderlich (the nutritionist). As far as my stage, I am in the LE3AN/Healthy Lifestyle stage with Dr. Verschell--just saw him yesterday and hopefully at my follow up visit he will pass me along to nutrition and psych.

Oh ok i might have see you there before usually my husband and I go together cause i don't like to talk alone! Im in the nutrition phase right now, i got in right away with nutrition and she wanted another meeting in 2 weeks but she was so booked up that i couldn't get one till the 21st :( if you see Dr. Joy shes super sweet!!! Good luck with your next meeting!!

I went to the support group before Christmas and it was great. A great time to look at where you are weight wise and where you are going. I plan on trying to make it tomorrow and will be there for the walk. I will be the one there with five children! I am babysitting for a week for someone so I have my three (one in a stroller) and the other two. Should make an interesting walk if nothing else. Say hi and introduce yourself if you see me.

im not sure if im going to the walk tomorrow but im going to try to make it to the support group do you know what time is a good time to go, since i know it is from like 9-12 or something like that

I went to the support group before Christmas and it was great. A great time to look at where you are weight wise and where you are going. I plan on trying to make it tomorrow and will be there for the walk. I will be the one there with five children! I am babysitting for a week for someone so I have my three (one in a stroller) and the other two. Should make an interesting walk if nothing else. Say hi and introduce yourself if you see me.

Is the support meeting the same as the info meeting? I went to the INFO meeting right before Christmas

im not sure if im going to the walk tomorrow but im going to try to make it to the support group do you know what time is a good time to go, since i know it is from like 9-12 or something like that

I wish I could come with you!