12 days and 10 pounds lost

mnieves

Hi everyone. Michelle here. I am only 12 days out from surgery and have lost 10 pounds. However, that came to an abrubt stop about 4 days ago. I know it is just my body adjusting to the band, but I am starting to notice that my appetite is coming back and I want to snack more. However, I do know that I am NO where near as hungry as I use to be. Is it normal to get more and more hungry before your first fill? I do also understand, that at my lower weight I will lose slower than most others will. My first fill won't be until January. I am still on full liquids, and handeling them very well, but am so ready to chew on some soft cheese or something. Any encourgement would be greatly appreciated. I hope everyone is doing well.

Michelle

Hey Michelle! Congrats on the WL!!! Yes, you're entering 'Bandster Hell' (after the band, before restriction...hunger comes back and you can eat/drink normally). I promise it won't last forever though...keep getting those fills! It's all up to you until the restriction comes, so remember these first six weeks are for healing and complications are higher during this period if you overeat (better to do more small meals than a big one)...those stitches holding the band need to heal.

I'm a 'Lightweight' (low BMIer too) and the WL slows even more as you get towards goal, so yes, we have our own set of issues. The good news is, it's the last time we'll see these numbers...so slow is fine as long as it's coming off!

Best wishes! -BG

Archived