??? about what 1st fill feels like

Collylo

I had my first fill today. I feel like my stomach is up in my throat. My band area feels so tight. I am also feeling a little nauseous. It could be due to the fact that I haven't had anything solid since last night. I am a little concerned because this is a new feeling for me. Am I supposed to feel all this tightness??

when you have a fill- my doctor at least..

tells me 1. only liquids for 2 days

2. then soft foods

3. then back to regular food on the 4th day

you will feel restriction.... how many cc's did you get

I forgot to ask how much he put in. He had a really hard time finding the port entry and it was a bit nerve-racking. Not really painful until he pushed really hard and finally found it.

The doc didn't even tell me about the liquid diet for 2 days until I asked the nurse as I was leaving. I learned about it by reading this site. the nurse told me I wouldn't feel anything for about 2 weeks and then food might get stuck. I just have this dull pain in my left chest around to my shoulder blade. Now that I think about it, it reminds me of the gas pains I felt right after surgery. Maybe that is it..

You are my inspiration on here. You are always positive and have great posts!

oh thank you!!

it is not gas...its the "full" feeling...but stick to liquids and let yourself heal again..ecspecially if he had to poke around a bit....

it will feel better by next week, and if you do get food stuck after re introducing them- go back to liquids...it will losen upon you losing some weight- which inmy eyes fill weeks were always good for a few extra pounds gone that week

good luck

See...there you go again, being positive! Thanks!

Archived