.....Banders?

hihiknez

I have read that the first fill after a lapband surgery isnt for 4-6 weeks!?? Does anyone know why? I want mine yesterday! I want mine at my post op follow up appointment next thursday at least. Gimme gimme! lol! Im ready doc!:D Let's getter done!!

because you need time to heal..and everything is irritated right now

Yeah, I understand the whole healing thing. But, I have heard of people getting their first fill in surgery so I think if I am ready I should be able to get it. I am my best cheerleader huh! Plus I live an hour and a half away from my doc and may have trouble getting more time off from work if I have to go back there in a couple of weeks again. I guess I just have to hope and keep healing. :rolleyes:

....I just got a call from the nurse...I was turned down...no early fill for me..... boohoo...at least I am already past the surgery though.

Hang in there...fills will be coming soon enough! The fill that some docs give at surgery is supposed to only fill the port and tubing, not the band (my doc doesn't give this 'primer' fill). I have a friend who did get the 'primer' of 2cc's and even that was too much and the day after surgery the doc had to take it out (that brought immediate relief). As you know, it takes at least 6 weeks for everything to heal, so be patient and remember this is the most important time to follow your docs rules...too much food now can cause stitches to rip or slippage. Best wishes! -BG

• 3 months later...

Yes, definately need that time to heal! Don't worry, time goes so incredibly fast it'll be here before you know it!

Archived