sdgrrl

I'm having some very serious problems here...

Donna,

I have followed your post every since I joined TT. You were on my mind today I was wondering how you are doing. Hang in there.

This is an update from Donna...I don't know what to think:(

I am at Sharp Memorial Med Center and the surgery is planned for 2:00. They have no idea why my lungs are no longer working, except that my body is so malnourished at this time it just has nothing left. I try not to think of the 14 doctors ...who told me 'just eat more' when I weighed 80lbs and begged for help..

I apparently will be blessed with the best pulmonologist and thoracic surgeon in this part of the planet. When I asked if I could please very sweetly have a similarly skilled anesthesiologist, Dr. Chammus (surgeon) told me he ONLY operated with the best, that he settled for nothing less, and that he got what he wanted.

Dr. Sacks is my pulmonologist and is one of the loveliest, kindest people I've ever met in my life. He assured me that while I am on the ventilator in ICU that I wouldn't see him, but to know that he will be working hard on me, that he intended to keep me here, and that it was his honor to make me well. Then he took both my hands in his and held them. The healing power of those hands was unbelievable, and needless to say emotions are running strongly in this hospital room.

On Thursday Michelle asked Dr. S if Jay should be here...if it was 'time'. He said yes, and so Jay started working for a stand-bye ticket (leaving Minneapolis during some of their coldest and snowiest time ever!) The Goddess again reached out and Jay took the red-eye and got here early this morning. It fills my heart with joy to have my babies here with me.

Everyone, my body is starting to shut down, and my outcome feels like it's quite possibly time. PLEASE hold my Michelle in your hearts. She is beside herself and needs prayers and tender love more than I do right now. She has so much pain and worry in her face, and this illness and very real possibility of my passing has etched away at her beautiful loving smile. My job is pretty much just to live through this. She has to survive. She needs whatever you can send to her, and would never think of asking for help...so I am asking for her.

I'm sorry to be so wordy (like that's new for me.;), but it's 2:30am, and my eyes won't shut. I've got some Ativan waiting for me, she is sleeping lightly on the couch next to me in my room, and it's my thoughts and my grief here in this room. If anyone would be willing to post this on my mega=thread at TT, I would really appreciate it. I've even thought of turning it into a Blog, but I don't know how. I think it's time for the Ativan, so I'll thank you all for the love and support you have given me during these last 5 (!) years. I have love for all of you and wish you better success than I have had.

With love,

Donna the sdgrrl, AKA the cat with 9 lives :(

Wow, I don't know what to say or think either. Of course my prayers are with Donna and Michelle and hope to hear positive results. Please post if/when you hear anything and thanks for posting this very sad message.

My prayers are with Donna, Michele and their lOved ones.

This thread breaks my heart, again and again.

All good thoughts and love to Donna and Michelle and their family members. I hope for the best and I *really* hope there is a life or two left amongst those 9. Peace be with you.

OH MY GOSH!! I am so sorry for the anguish and pain for her and her Family.. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR THEM!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you Donna - and with Doctors Chammus and Sacks and everyone else involved in your care.

I'm glad you have Michelle and Jay by your side - I'll be saying a special prayer for them too.

I am trying to keep up with Michelle and Sarah (Donna's daughter), but being 3000 miles away is hard. As I hear updates from them, I will post here and on Facebook....

Donna, Michelle, Jay, and Sarah...I am holding you guys up in prayer and won't stop.

Donna, every one is pulling for you-get well!!!!!!

This breaks my heart. Donna, I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Hopefully at this point shes out of the woods anf "No News is GOOD News".:o

we are all praying for you Donna.

I think about Donna all the time and my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. It has really affected me reading her posts, she is so strong.

Hugs, kisses and prayers to you and your loved ones, Donna.

I have been praying that we hear something "promising" regarding Donna.

I'm working today but I had to pop in to see if there was any news of Donna.

Donna,

I dont know if you will see this but I dont have anything inspiring to say-just hang in there and know I am among the ranks of the very many caring about you and pulling for you. Be strong, and be in peace.

Love.

I pulled this off of Donna's facebook page:

Hello All, This is Donna's Daughter. She had her surgery yesterday and it seems that everything went as well as it could. She was able to be weaned off the ventilator last night, which is good news since the Docs were concerned it might take her a couple of days. Biopsy shows no cancer, but they're still not sure what is causing the problems. Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers as she walks recovery road.

That's our girl. We'll continue to send the strongest energy we can to you. You can do this.

I pulled this off of Donna's facebook page:

Hello All, This is Donna's Daughter. She had her surgery yesterday and it seems that everything went as well as it could. She was able to be weaned off the ventilator last night, which is good news since the Docs were concerned it might take her a couple of days. Biopsy shows no cancer, but they're still not sure what is causing the problems. Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers as she walks recovery road.

So glad she is doing good. I've been checking here and facebook but haven't seen anything.

Glad to hear Donna came through surgery and they were able to wean her off the ventilator.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Tracie, thanks so much for keeping us updated. Please continue to!

Donna, I join everyone here at TT wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery and a return to good health. We are all thinking of you.