Monique1204

June 2009 Staplers

33 minutes ago, Bantamweight said:

Hi y'all it

is 9 years. How is everyone  is anyone still here?

i need a little support and was hoping some of our group could say hello  

I am up 50+ lbs  

i never expected it to be like this  I was "textbook"! No complaints no complications. Had some medications added to my life, 20 lbs+. Then a hysterectomy and 30 lbs. 

so nothing is helping it budge. 

I trued Atkins.  My brother lost 50 I gained 10 

i have an appointment in2 weeks with my surgeon as a follow up. Considering I have not been there since '13 I'm sort of like a new patient. Maybe there is something new he can do? I'll be back to check in if anyone reads this 

Have you taken a look at doing the 5-Day Pouch Test?  

A lot of our members have had good success at getting back on track with it and dropping a few pounds in the process.

Yes, I tried it a while back, didn't lose any weight, but I know my pouch isn't broken... I got the tools to try it again starting tomorrow... clear protein drinks are available from Sam's now. :)

and chicken broth is low sodium

Still here. Well, not still on TT for the most part but here in the world wide web.

So yeah, the weight has crept back on. It's different with a sleeve, I think. There is really nothing to prevent going backwards. You have to commit to the good habits you undertake in the first weeks and months post op. If you deviate....and so there I am. The sleeve stretches and there is no food rejection. Still cant take in as much as I did post op but other than that, many bad habits, mainly eating on the go and not taking the time to make sure what I eat is a good choice, are what have stopped my progress. One thing I had learned was how important the commitment to making intentional choices is-to make healthy choices and to only choose to eat when truly hungry. Being on TT helped me to stay focused. I have been through a stretch of major transitions and challenging times which have distracted me from goal and my weight and health went to the back burner. I know what needs to be done. Not sure what to do to get back on course. Good luck to you, Bantamweight. Maybe a 5 day pouch test will help you to kickstart your progress.

Edited by ardita

Hi all - still here but definitely not Twiggy ;) So good to see you all again :wub: I will be 9 years on the 24th. Initially lost 78kgs (172lb) and todate have gained almost half back - 35kgs. The weight gain has been gradual - 5kgs a year over the past 7 years. I have been trying very hard to get back on track or to at least not gain any more! I mostly follow a low carb/keto diet and recently went Zero Carb.  Cutting carbs is the only thing that works for me - I just wish I could sustain it permanently. I am a bread junkie! Okay - just checking in for now - will chat later.  Hang in there everyone - we can do this!

Edited by Twiggy
dates and weights

you-only-fail-when-you-stop-trying-24087186.png

Thank you Ardita & Twiggy.! I appreciate both. 

I will have to make some changes I am sure I can do this  it's just tougher this time  

Edited by Bantamweight