Monique1204

June 2009 Staplers

I figured I'd start a new thread since we are all now post-op. :)

I just came home from the hospital this afternoon. I feel really good in the mornings, and then get really tired and in pain in the afternoons/nights. I mostly hurt where the bigger incision is...it's the one that is indented, and I hate it. LOL

l can also feel everything I drink, and it almost hurts. Is anyone else experiencing this? When they did my barium swallow at the hospital, the tech said it looked a little tight, but when my dr. looked, he thought it would be fine.

How is everyone else doing?

Where is everyone at? Today is my first full day home from the hospital. I got up and took a shower, but got really dizzy. I'm guessing that's normal since I've been on liquids for awhile now. I'm getting stomach cramps, but I'm guessing that's the gas starting to leave my body because I am gassy. Really tired today. This is definately harder than my lapband recovery was.

I think everyone just keeps posting to the old thread :) Seems that is the way all the months do it, the February one has over 1,000 posts for example.

I'll post!!

I am 2 weeks out now and not doing well at all...as far as the scale says. I think I am doing everything right: 64+ water, 60+ protein, walking twice a day for 30 minutes, calories amount to 500-600 - more than half of calories is thanks to protein shakes. My body is just stubborn or something because I haven't lost a single pound since right after surgery when I lost the initial 5 lbs.

Today my stomach is not happy. I had 16oz of water and one protein shake so far - no real food and it just doesn't want to settle. I'll take a walk and see if things are better this afternoon.

So that's my progress so far....how about everyone else??

I am doing okay, 3 and 1/2 weeks out and went to surgeon yesterday and total weight loss since surgery is 15 lbs. Not huge at all but I guess it will come. I try to get my 80 grams of protein every day and my fluids and vitamins. I can finally eat soft foods after being on pureed foods for so long. I look forward to trying some new things to eat. Going to have my husband make me some mild chili.

I walk about 20 minutes twice a day and will go back to work on Monday.

So that is it on this part of the bench.

Hang in there, Nikki. If you are doing all of that, the weight is bound to come off eventually. You'll probably lose a big chunk at once.

15 lbs is great, scrapjewel!! Congrats!

Hang in there, Nikki. If you are doing all of that, the weight is bound to come off eventually. You'll probably lose a big chunk at once.

15 lbs is great, scrapjewel!! Congrats!

Ok, but i'm coming after you if it doesn't happen!! :D:P

LOL. Please wait until I have energy to at least walk fastly from you.

Ok, that's fair!! :P

My surgery was on the 2nd. So I am 4 weeks out. I take my vitamins, the protein gives me mild dumping, I can't eat chk without pain. I do frequently push things too. I try to get a good chunk of the water in before I eat so often it's not til noon that I eat anything. Then I eat to quick, throw up a little, have a sip or 2 of water and swear of food forever. Of course I can never stay away. Sometimes I get the munchies which for me means carbs. They sit better too. I'm doing everthing not quite right. But close. I'm learning about my new pouch and what it likes and doesn't. Lots of trial and error. I lost 24 lbs my first month. I had a huge drop of 7 lbs one day like 2 days or so after I got home then nothing for a week. What the heck? Right? It does move. I was hoping to be in onederland by now but I'm not where I was either. I tend to sit at one weight for 3-4 days and then it drops a couple of lbs. I keep thinking it is going to go up, but once it leaves a number it never returns. Thank God! I go to the YMCA 2-4 days per week now to make sure I strength train and row or walk or both. I hope it helps. Today I'm stuck at 202 but I did all the right stuff so I better see 199 tomorrow. Or 201, 200, 150 what ever. I'll keep you posted.

My surgery was on the 2nd. So I am 4 weeks out. I take my vitamins, the protein gives me mild dumping, I can't eat chk without pain. I do frequently push things too. I try to get a good chunk of the water in before I eat so often it's not til noon that I eat anything. Then I eat to quick, throw up a little, have a sip or 2 of water and swear of food forever. Of course I can never stay away. Sometimes I get the munchies which for me means carbs. They sit better too. I'm doing everthing not quite right. But close. I'm learning about my new pouch and what it likes and doesn't. Lots of trial and error. I lost 24 lbs my first month. I had a huge drop of 7 lbs one day like 2 days or so after I got home then nothing for a week. What the heck? Right? It does move. I was hoping to be in onederland by now but I'm not where I was either. I tend to sit at one weight for 3-4 days and then it drops a couple of lbs. I keep thinking it is going to go up, but once it leaves a number it never returns. Thank God! I go to the YMCA 2-4 days per week now to make sure I strength train and row or walk or both. I hope it helps. Today I'm stuck at 202 but I did all the right stuff so I better see 199 tomorrow. Or 201, 200, 150 what ever. I'll keep you posted.

I had to throw up twice now after taking my vitamins - not sure why. Tonight I ate about 7pm and drank about 12 oz of water and tried to take them about 9pm. I would think my dinner was somewhat gone after two hours, so who knows what is causing it.

I have had chicken a couple times and it's ok for me. I have a schedule I made so hopefully I can follow that and not get off track! On my schedule, I have a protein shake mid morning and don't have any food until noonish as well. My stomach is just not ready for food until then!!

I hope to see some drop tomorrow as well - i like your 150 - that woud be good!!!

Today is day 4 post op and I felt like crap when I woke up. I started on full liquids this morning, and I think that will help. I haven't really eaten in 7 days and pain meds on an empty stomach is no good. My first full liquid of choice is carnation instant breakfast, sugar free, of course. I mixed it with lactaid milk, and so far so good. I'm staying at my parents, and they are cooking 4th of July food, and it smells soooooo good. lol. I hope all the Junies are having a great day.

Hey All! I figured I would look in post op since we are now all post op! :D For you guys on thick liquids try muscle milk light it tastes great and has 22 grms of protien..best I have found yet!

I am here! I am 2 weeks and 2 days out from surgery. I actually feel like a new person....one that is able to walk better, happier, and glad the scale is heading in the right direction!

Do I miss food? sort of.... but then I have to realize that it's fuel, and right now the fuel that I am on is protein drinks.

Anyone do their 3 week group? what was it like? I really don't want to pay fora "whoopee- good for you" session, but if it's information like nutrition, I might try to make it.

I have a 3 week med check-up coming, and I think my dr. will be happy.

Well yesterday was my one month post-op date and I feel totaly awesome!!! Way better than I did when I was bigger. I got to my goal weight loss for the month which was 50lbs. and I could never be so excited. So that's 50lbs. down and another 150lbs. to go.. ;)

That's awesome, Gene!!

I seem to have stalled out. I have not lost anything in 3 days....I am thinking #%$???:confused: but hoping it's normal. I had a slight surface infection (I think it's only surface) on one of my incisions. I have 3 calls in, no one's responded yet. I have had no other complications, and am still feeling good, but the lack of scale movement is a concern.

I am going to walk now.

Day 6 and I'm feeling great. I'm down 19 lbs, and had the tube taken out today. THANK GOD!!! I was stressing over it, and I didnt feel a thing. LOL I see the dr tomorrow, and I hope he puts me on soft foods. I'm about over liquids.

Hang in there, Paula. Maybe you will see some movement tomorrow.

Hi Monique, Thanks! I am going to remove the scale from my view for a week. I think the stall out is normal. I just didn't expect it so soon. I spoke to the nurse yesterday, my little incision is normal again, but i still am treating it with the neosporin. It looks a whole lot better today.

I agree about the liquids!! I cooked a whole pot of summer veggies that a neighbor brought over. I can't eat them, but I did strain some broth off them, and it as good!! I also puree'd some of them and froze it in small ziplocks. I am not cleared for puree' yet. I am probably going to keep a protein shake as part of my day to keep getting the protein for my muscles.

how are you doing???

Thanks to you all for letting me #*%$# a few days - ok, a week - about not losing. I finally got some movement today! Down 4.5 lbs.!! I blame it on retaining fluid since I have been peeing like crazy the past two days.

Stalls are THE worst thing - especially so early out when you think weight will just fall off seemingly effortlessly, so I was very happy to see a lower number this morning!!

Again, thanks to those of you who had so many words of encouragement!!

I'm 8 days out and according to my scale I'm down 25. :eek: I'm still wondering how that's possible! But I'll take it. :D

I'm 8 days out and according to my scale I'm down 25. :eek: I'm still wondering how that's possible! But I'll take it. :D

WOW that's totally awesome!! I'm 19 days out and only down 4.5 but I'll take that as well!!! Good job!!

7 days out...had my week checkup and everything is great. I'm down 19 lbs and get to transistion to soft foods. THANK GOD. If I eat one more sugar free popsicle or jello I might go over the edge. LOL.

Now, I need to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be eating....

Nikki....I'm glad the scale finally moved!

left_entranced...25..WOW!!!!! Congrats!

I too hate stalls I had one for about 3 days I was waiting to go from 270 down to the 60's and finally got it a few days ago!!! I went to work yesterday to say hi to everyone since I have been gone and I got so many wonderful compliments it was soo nice! I needed that boost...I also went out to dinner for the first time last night with my date and I ate shrimp in a tomato soup (kind of like a bloody mary mix minus the vodka) with avocado and onions it was delicious! Made me feel normal and I felt very good on my date...I am starting to think I can handle this different lifestyle...It was also amazing to watch my date woof down 2 enchiladas beans rice and chips and hardly taste or chew a thing..I kept thinking no wonder I am obese if I ate like that..almost made me sick just watching him!

7 days out...had my week checkup and everything is great. I'm down 19 lbs and get to transistion to soft foods. THANK GOD. If I eat one more sugar free popsicle or jello I might go over the edge. LOL.

Now, I need to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be eating....

Nikki....I'm glad the scale finally moved!

left_entranced...25..WOW!!!!! Congrats!

Thanks!! I am glad the scale is moving too! I went back to work today, though and didn't get near enough water nor my protein shake in, so I'm not sure how that is going to work!

Eggs are good in the soft foods stage and yogurts, cottage cheese, any cheese actually, etc. We even got to eat crisp bacon - just had to chew it well!

I too hate stalls I had one for about 3 days I was waiting to go from 270 down to the 60's and finally got it a few days ago!!! I went to work yesterday to say hi to everyone since I have been gone and I got so many wonderful compliments it was soo nice! I needed that boost...I also went out to dinner for the first time last night with my date and I ate shrimp in a tomato soup (kind of like a bloody mary mix minus the vodka) with avocado and onions it was delicious! Made me feel normal and I felt very good on my date...I am starting to think I can handle this different lifestyle...It was also amazing to watch my date woof down 2 enchiladas beans rice and chips and hardly taste or chew a thing..I kept thinking no wonder I am obese if I ate like that..almost made me sick just watching him!

Glad the scale is moving for you too...it's such a relief!! I didn't get any compliments because I think we were just too darn busy for anybody to notice!!! I am scared to go out to eat yet - not sure I could handle soup when others are having steak!! So I'm avoiding that for now! But good for you and your success!!

Congrats on the losses!!! I think it is great that you were able to go to a restaurant and make a good choice. It's something I have not done yet.

I had the same talk with my husband. We came home from church Sunday, and I had my little protein drink, and I watched him make a sandwich, then eat something else, and then have a soda, and then he found something else to eat. I said no wonder I got so fat! I tried to keep up with you!!! I am 5'2" and he's 6' 4" biiiiig difference, but I used to be able to eat as much as him!! Scary! especially since I outweighed him too!