LyndasRoom

~*~June 2009 Staplers~*~

Hi everyone I made it thru! Still in the hospital but should be leaving shortly!!! Not too bad so far- Scared of the gas!

Hi everyone I made it thru! Still in the hospital but should be leaving shortly!!! Not too bad so far- Scared of the gas!

I had gas the second they woke me up, so if you don't have it now...feel lucky!

Just let 'er rip no matter when or where. :D

The gas is from when they pump you up with air to expose your cavity better..

Well I guess I'm next! My surgery's scheduled for 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. See y'all on the losers' bench! Hoping for the best for all of us!

Hello everybody,

This is Gene, Jody's husband, posting using her account from the hospital. Jody was moved up an hour to 1:30 PM last evening, and she was moved from pre-op to the operating room about 45 minutes ago. We'll post updates as time and internet connection here permits.

Gene

Hello everybody,

This is Gene, Jody's husband, posting using her account from the hospital. Jody was moved up an hour to 1:30 PM last evening, and she was moved from pre-op to the operating room about 45 minutes ago. We'll post updates as time and internet connection here permits.

Gene

I hope you guys don't need it, but good luck!

Hello everybody,

Gene

Gene this is Gene and tell her we wish her the best of luck and that we'll see her on the losers bench.. ;)

Tell her we are thinking of her and waiting for her to join us on the loser's bench. Hope all goes well!

Gene this is Gene and tell her we wish her the best of luck and that we'll see her on the losers bench.. ;)

Jody went from OR to post-op at 4:30, right on schedule. Dr. Callery says everything went according to plan and they'll be moving her to her room in the next 90 mins or so. Thanks for the good thoughts!

Gene

Congratulations!! Hooray!!

So I am the first scheduled surgery in the morning and my surgeon called me this morning to tell me that barring any meteorites hitting the facility, we are good to go this time and no re-scheduling :D

Hello all. I am Dave Dean's fiancee. He asked me to let you all know how he is doing. The actual surgery went well and there doesn't seem to be any leaks. He is having a rough time recovering though. His BP and temp were pretty low so the doctor is keeping him another night. He's definitely not comfortable so he's pressing his little button every ten minutes. I'm hoping he will be able to come home tomorrow.

Please send your prayers.

Hello all. I am Dave Dean's fiancee. He asked me to let you all know how he is doing. The actual surgery went well and there doesn't seem to be any leaks. He is having a rough time recovering though. His BP and temp were pretty low so the doctor is keeping him another night. He's definitely not comfortable so he's pressing his little button every ten minutes. I'm hoping he will be able to come home tomorrow.

Please send your prayers.

I will say prayers for him and I am wishing him a speedy recovery!!!

So was released from the hospital early yesterday I left about 2:30 my surgery went really well and I woke up really easy and was in my room by 12:30 the surgery was done at 10:00. Have some pain on the left getting up and down the on q isn't working on that side an I am scared to take it out. Gas is passing freely and those gas x strips are amazing! I hope everyone else is doing good ! And good luck to all the rest!

So was released from the hospital early yesterday I left about 2:30 my surgery went really well and I woke up really easy and was in my room by 12:30 the surgery was done at 10:00. Have some pain on the left getting up and down the on q isn't working on that side an I am scared to take it out. Gas is passing freely and those gas x strips are amazing! I hope everyone else is doing good ! And good luck to all the rest!

In your room 2.5 hours after surgery started? What did you have done? My surgery was 4 hours, and another 2 in recovery. :eek:

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I read it wrong...it sounded like you said the surgery was done at 10, not completed at 10. Carry on then. :D

Oh my surgery started at 8 and went to 10 and I woke up fast I had gastric bypass

Gene/Jody I saw you all yesterday in jody's room hope all is well! And I wish you and Dave a fast recovery!

Hi guys!

Wow! I just caught up on the thread and everyone is doing great! I am thrilled to hear about Mike's 30lb loss! You rock!!

I had to go back to the hospital Saturday. I was walking and the pain in my belly was increasing. It felt like a burning sensation. When I got home, I looked at the area and saw that it was red, swollen, and warm to the touch. It was the incision site just to the left of center and high up. The surgeon said that is the site where most of the work is done. Anyway, long story short....it was infected. The docs removed the bio-glue and drained the infection. Then came the fun part. They had to clean and pack the "cavity." Holy Mary, Mother of GOD, what the?!?!? I work in pathology and nothing grosses me out. Guess what, I have met my match. Doc asked if I would be able to do the packing myself or if I was too much of a wuss. I almost passed out from the sheer ick factor. Nope, I can't do it to myself. I could do it on someone else, but, not myself.

They gave me IV antibiotics and painkillers for the night. I was let go the next morning with scripts for antibiotics and liquid lortab. I cannot believe this happened. Monday was my meltdown day. I had to wait and wait for the doc to call me and tell me to come in to have the bandages changed. That meant I could not take pain meds because I was going to be driving. The doc was stuck in surgery ALL day long. It was 7pm before she called me. I had cried and regretted having the surgery all day. What a mess! I finally got a grip and things are healing nicely. It just seems to be soooooooo slow!

The infection definitely explains why I felt so zapped of energy and couldn't walk very much. I have a home nurse coming twice a day to take care of the bandages. I walked for about 20 minutes yesterday and went back to work today. The wound still hurts and is limiting me getting around as much as I would like. Thanks for listening to me whine. I hope everyone else is doing great and that I took the one complication for the team!!:D

Good luck and see ya on the losers bench I'm a dreamer!!

Hi guys!

Wow! I just caught up on the thread and everyone is doing great! I am thrilled to hear about Mike's 30lb loss! You rock!!

I had to go back to the hospital Saturday. I was walking and the pain in my belly was increasing. It felt like a burning sensation. When I got home, I looked at the area and saw that it was red, swollen, and warm to the touch. It was the incision site just to the left of center and high up. The surgeon said that is the site where most of the work is done. Anyway, long story short....it was infected. The docs removed the bio-glue and drained the infection. Then came the fun part. They had to clean and pack the "cavity." Holy Mary, Mother of GOD, what the?!?!? I work in pathology and nothing grosses me out. Guess what, I have met my match. Doc asked if I would be able to do the packing myself or if I was too much of a wuss. I almost passed out from the sheer ick factor. Nope, I can't do it to myself. I could do it on someone else, but, not myself.

They gave me IV antibiotics and painkillers for the night. I was let go the next morning with scripts for antibiotics and liquid lortab. I cannot believe this happened. Monday was my meltdown day. I had to wait and wait for the doc to call me and tell me to come in to have the bandages changed. That meant I could not take pain meds because I was going to be driving. The doc was stuck in surgery ALL day long. It was 7pm before she called me. I had cried and regretted having the surgery all day. What a mess! I finally got a grip and things are healing nicely. It just seems to be soooooooo slow!

The infection definitely explains why I felt so zapped of energy and couldn't walk very much. I have a home nurse coming twice a day to take care of the bandages. I walked for about 20 minutes yesterday and went back to work today. The wound still hurts and is limiting me getting around as much as I would like. Thanks for listening to me whine. I hope everyone else is doing great and that I took the one complication for the team!!:D

Whoa, glad to hear you are okay now! Makes me appreciate my relative ease so far!

Thanks on the 30 lbs! I am up to 39 lbs gone! Woo hoo!

When did you all stop wearing your binder??

I never had one. :confused:

Whoa, glad to hear you are okay now! Makes me appreciate my relative ease so far!

Thanks on the 30 lbs! I am up to 39 lbs gone! Woo hoo!

Sigh....yet another reason to be jealous of the men folk! Quick weight loss!! I havent been on a scale since my surgery. I have an appointment next Monday with the surgeon. I am hoping for just half the results you've had!

Yikes mike!! You poor man! I love my binder I got up with out it yesterday and it felt like my stomach was gonna fall out! And great job with the weight loss!

Hi everyone! what a difference a day makes! No gas pain today! I think I got it all out. On the first day, all I could think about was mikes...gas pain gas pain gas pain, etc....and yes, I was thinking of adding the gas-x strips to my grocery list but was thankful I didn't need to.

Happy to report that 3-1/2 days out of the hospital, I actually feel close to comfortable. so much so, I told my 16 year old to leave me here by myself so she can go with her friend for a few hours. I live in the country, so that's a huge deal. I am 15 mins from the closest anything. I have not posted on the post op board yet, so if anyone starts the june staplers post op thread, let me know! Glad to make so many friends!