LyndasRoom

~*~June 2009 Staplers~*~

Holy Toledo, Mike!!! I just looked at your stats. you are already down 50 lbs!!! How awesome.... you must feel fabulous!!

I am down 24. I had mine June 19th. I can't wait to be under 200 lbs. That's my goal for when I return to work. I am taking a full 6 weeks off, because I work for the USPS, and I lift heavy stuff.

Anyone else going back to work yet?

I'm taking a full 6 weeks off too. I feel like a truck ran over me, then dragged me a bit. :(

I just tried on some pants that I wore a month ago, and they were too tight...

...they FELL off me. size 46 to a size 38 in 24 days. I am exited!

that's great Mike, congrats to all the "losers"! I'm not a loser yet, but aspire to be one someday :D

Look for "Aviator's Logbook" under personal stories. He had the sleeve, and is doing very well with it. Haven't seen him post on here lately, but you might try to PM him for more information.

It's my understanding that some insurance companies don't like to cover the sleeve since it's a newer procedure, but I think many will if there is a good reason a person needs that instead of a gastric bypass, and you certainly have a good reason.

Kelly

It's my understanding that some insurance companies don't like to cover the sleeve since it's a newer procedure, but I think many will if there is a good reason a person needs that instead of a gastric bypass, and you certainly have a good reason.

Kelly

Yeah, it is only a couple of years old really but Kaiser is starting to do it so others will soon follow. I have a friend who is having it done on the 14th because she is very anemic and the surgeon thinks doing traditional RNY would make it far worse.

You're a badass Mike :D

*clicks on the bow emoticon*

Thank you.

I went back to work for the first time last night. I'm a nurse and no one would let me do light duty, just in case. I was fine and thankfully made some damn money I'm soooo broke right now. Anyway, 24lbs since the 19th? How the hell did you do that? I'm impressed and envious.:P Congrats for you.

I am actually going to try and sit in church today. That means an hour of Sunday school, and then service. I am going to sneak some protein & water with me, I just want to have back up in case I need some.

the 24 lbs is including the 2 days I did clear liquid before the 19th. I was supposed to be on the 18th, but got bumped so I stayed on the liquid Wed, and Thurs. I was just glad they called me before I took the lax. I was down 8 lbs after those 2 days, so my actual loss after surgery is 16 lbs.... but I don't know what I weighed the day of my surgery. I think quite a bit of the initial loss is water.

I stalled out 2 days ago, I have not lost anything today, or yesterday. Could it be that I introduced some carbs with the instant mased potatoes? If so, I am not going to eat them.

My Nut said that an Atkins type lifestyle is best for us, becasue it's low carb.

anyone else have that advice from their NUT?

how is everybody doing?

I feel good other than the fact that I have had issues keeping things down. Anything down...:(

Mike no problems here besides the fact that I might be Lactose Intolerent now.. I have tried any other Dairy to make sure or not..

Mike no problems here besides the fact that I might be Lactose Intolerent now.. I have tried any other Dairy to make sure or not..

I can't eat meat of any kind...and I still can't eat bread. ??????????

Mike and Gene, glad to hear from you again. Welcome back.

I have trouble too with dairy Gene. The only thing that I can really still eat is cheese, and milk in my cereal. I tried sugar free frozen yogurt and I got really sick. (just to make sure, I tried it twice, same thing on the toilet all evening. AGG).:eek:

Mike there are times when I feel sick eating things. I just have to remind myself to go slow. I cycle through good and bad times with this type of thing. And I think that bread is something that takes time to be able to handle. I can tolerate crackers or toasted wheat bread, but not soft fresh bread. Is there anything that you can keep down? I seem to do better with fresh fruits and veggies than I do meats right now. (I was just cleared for these). And I get sick just smelling the protein shakes. I worry everyday that I am not getting enough protein.

Do you guys ever wonder why you did this? There are days that I do, especialloy when I cannot eat. But then I look at myself and realize that I have lost 45 pounds in 6 weeks. How in the hell could I have done that without the surgery. And I am no longer on diabetic meds. That is amazing. But I still think about how I used to eat. Drinking soda, eating pizza, cake and ice cream. Boy do I miss those things. But I don't miss my extra weight.

UGG. I was rambling. I have been having a tough day on this. Thanks all for letting me vent.:rolleyes:

I just realized this was the pre-op post. Gene and Mike. Us ladies have moved to a post-op June staplers thread since we all have already had surgery. We have been missing you guys. So check it out.:)

Mike and Gene, glad to hear from you again. Welcome back.

I have trouble too with dairy Gene. The only thing that I can really still eat is cheese, and milk in my cereal. I tried sugar free frozen yogurt and I got really sick. (just to make sure, I tried it twice, same thing on the toilet all evening. AGG).:eek:

Mike there are times when I feel sick eating things. I just have to remind myself to go slow. I cycle through good and bad times with this type of thing. And I think that bread is something that takes time to be able to handle. I can tolerate crackers or toasted wheat bread, but not soft fresh bread. Is there anything that you can keep down? I seem to do better with fresh fruits and veggies than I do meats right now. (I was just cleared for these). And I get sick just smelling the protein shakes. I worry everyday that I am not getting enough protein.

Do you guys ever wonder why you did this? There are days that I do, especialloy when I cannot eat. But then I look at myself and realize that I have lost 45 pounds in 6 weeks. How in the hell could I have done that without the surgery. And I am no longer on diabetic meds. That is amazing. But I still think about how I used to eat. Drinking soda, eating pizza, cake and ice cream. Boy do I miss those things. But I don't miss my extra weight.

UGG. I was rambling. I have been having a tough day on this. Thanks all for letting me vent.:rolleyes:

I cannot eat raw fruits or veggies for a year...so I am not sure.

I have been eating a lot of chili and cheese. other than that, I eat cold cereal, bananas, occasionally instant potatoes, and occasionally mac and cheese. That is about it. I had some shrimp the other day, but it didn't taste very good.

I just realized this was the pre-op post. Gene and Mike. Us ladies have moved to a post-op June staplers thread since we all have already had surgery. We have been missing you guys. So check it out.:)

I had no idea there was another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been wondering where everybody went! :)

Anyone still here? 

Tomorrow is my 9th surgiversary. 

I gained 50 lbs. 

anyone else got a story good or bad? 

Asking you guys first because we were in the same class

Looks like we should find the post op thread. I had a VSG in April of 2009.

Hi Ardith!  Yes I postedvthere just now. I haven't been here so long I just took the first June 2009 post and wrote on it. 

Ill meet ya on the other side