LyndasRoom

~*~June 2009 Staplers~*~

Here we go! Heading into summer with a bumper crop of newbies about to embark on the journey to better health!

June 2009 Staplers

1--mayflora

1--bubbleheadmom

Edited by LyndasRoom

Good luck to everybody! I'm excited for you.

Kelly

Good LUCK everyone!!!!!! I will say a prayer for each of you!!!

Wow, this list reminds me of how closer I am to surgery. Linda I hope I can make your list next month. Keeping my toes crossed.:)

Edited by Ms. Readytobehealthy

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers everyone.

I am so excited!!!

Mayflora and Bubbleheadmom are both having surgery today...

Ms Ready-

I am so crossing my fingers and toes for you. It is time for your turn!

Mayflora and Bubbleheadmom are both having surgery today...

Thanks for letting me know, they're on the list, and will see it when they get home! ;)

Lynda

TaterBug1971 is having hers on June 3;)

Some of you may remember me from Feb.-Mar. time. I am now a June 10th!

They had a cancellation, and when I went in for my pre op exam, they asked if that was too soon....I laughed...:)

June 10th @ 7:30am.

Conrats Mike!

So the big day is tommorrow! I am excited and scared at the same time. I will start packing my kids up soon to go to grandmas and then hubby and I will take off to the hotel for the night.

talk to you all in a few days!

Lynda

TaterBug1971 is having hers on June 3;)

Thanks Leanne! Taterbug is added

Some of you may remember me from Feb.-Mar. time. I am now a June 10th!

They had a cancellation, and when I went in for my pre op exam, they asked if that was too soon....I laughed...:)

June 10th @ 7:30am.

Congrats Mike, you're added!

Conrats Mike!

So the big day is tommorrow! I am excited and scared at the same time. I will start packing my kids up soon to go to grandmas and then hubby and I will take off to the hotel for the night.

talk to you all in a few days!

:rolleyes: I am so excited that I am wondering if I will be able to sleep. Nerves have not set in yet. But I am sure that they will tomorrow. Good luck to you too!!!!!

My son who is 17 will be going to surgery on june 16,2009. i had mine done in aug of 08. when he saw what i was going through in the beginning he changed his mind. i wanted him to do this in dec. but now that it has been 9 months and sees how its not that hard he changed his mind.

I am gald that our insurance gave the ok. he did have to have 3 months of counsling to make sure he knew how his life was going to change.

wish me luck and him especially. i will be going on the 2 liquid diet to support him.. it going to be hard but my pouch will thank me for it. i have been having too many snacks...

Congratulations to you all!!! :D

I doubt I will sleep...I know that.

I can't sleep when I have to get my teeth cleaned :D

Thanks for adding me to the June list. I am doing the two week pre-op liquid diet and it SUCKS! Does anyone have any advice on how to get through this without loosing my mind? I have been following the diet to the letter. It is basically protein drinks, some yogurt, and one cup of uncooked vegies per day. I am trying very hard to focus on the end result, but, this is hard! I had to cook dinner for my daughter and it smelled so good. I held strong for today....

The best way to get through the liquid diet, I think, is to keep focused on the end result and to keep busy. I only had to do the liquid diet for five days so it wasn't as bad as it is for some, but I stayed busy getting things ready for the surgery. I had a couple of last minute doctor's appointments, and I cleaned my house really well, and I did some shopping, and the time went by pretty quickly.

Kelly

Two weeks and 5 day liquid diets??? Wow I feel for you guys.:eek:

Not to rub it in but my Dr. requires only one day of liquids and that's the day before surgery. So for me tha'll be tommorrow when I wake up.

A lot of doctors require lengthy liquid diets because it helps to shrink the liver before surgery, which can make surgery easier and safer. Some doctors don't require them, though.

Kelly

Thanks for adding my name to the list – I’m starting to get really excited now. 3 weeks to go for me. I am on Puree food now and will start liquids for two weeks next week. I have to admit – the mush is getting kind of… well, mush too mush!

Congrats to those who have already started their new lives, good luck to those going in the next few days - hang in there to those of you who still have a while to wait. Reality is setting in – not to mention the butterflies!

A lot of doctors require lengthy liquid diets because it helps to shrink the liver before surgery, which can make surgery easier and safer. Some doctors don't require them, though.

Kelly

Yikes! That sounds tough.

Hey.....surgery was a breeze. No problems. Don't be nervous my fellow June staplers!

A breeze? Kinda like hurricane Katrina...sorta like that breeze?

j/k...sort of.

A breeze? Kinda like hurricane Katrina...sorta like that breeze?

j/k...sort of.

7 days to go.

Yes, I am on that liquid/puree thing!! Boy let me tell you!!! It is killing me!!! Ha!

I wasn't nervous -- but reading all this is making me nervous!!!

Thinking of all of you!

Melissa