What do you buy at Costco or Sam's Club?

sherry7

Like most people, I tend to go to a warehouse store and just wonder the aisles...looking for interesting stuff. I'm sure I probably miss a lot of good buys when using this method.

So, it would be interesting to know what everybody buys at Costco and/or Sam's Club. Personally, I'm more familiar with Sam's Club since I have a membership there. I have went to Costco a couple of times, when I borrowed a friend's card.

Here's some of the stuff that I buy at Sam's:

big bags of frozen chicken breasts, restaurant style 5 oz pieces

big bags of frozen cooked shrimp, cleaned and tails removed

whole boneless pork loins (butcher slices them into chops for free, and much cheaper than pre-sliced)

10 lb "tube" of ground sirloin burger (butcher slices them into patties for free, again, cheaper than pre-made)

package of Canadian bacon (low fat, high protein, but high sodium)

case of V-8 cans (regular or low sodium)

case of Fruit 2 O (fruit flavored water, no carbonation)

case of Fuze Slenderize

tub of hummus (I like the roasted red pepper flavor)

Arnold Multi-Grain sandwich thins (these are relatively new, see them here: Arnold Select Multigrain Sandwich Thins - 8 Pack (good with the above mentioned hummus)

Santa Fe Tortilla Company whole wheat soft tortilla shells (8 grams of protein each!)

Cabot 50% reduced fat cheese (individual pre-wrapped portions...I like the cheddar and pepperjack)

fruit (bananas, oranges, apples, pears, pineapples, etc)

veggies (bags of iceberg salad mix, plastic container of spring salad mix, celery hearts, mushrooms, etc)

EAS Myoplex Lite ready-to-drink protein drinks (just bought this yesterday, so I haven't tried it yet)

Atkins Advantage bars

Benefiber (for the hubby)

Vitamins (calcium citrate, chewable C, probiotic/acidophilus)

House brand of cat litter

I've only been to Costco a couple of times, and they carry a lot of the same stuff as Sam's. However, I really like their Vitarain drinks (0 calories), and I think the fruit/veggie selection is nicer. Oh, and I found a big box of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links there, which Sam's didn't have.

So, what are your Costco or Sam's Club favorites?

Edited by sherry7

I buy my liter bottles of water at Sam's, I don't like tap, and the best part is that I know if I drank 2 by the end of the day I got my water in, and they are only $6.88 per 15 pack.

Blay

I love Sams!!

Everytime i go i get a case of deer park water!

Fruits for the hubby, Apples, Bananas

Veggies, Carrots and celery

Meats. Yesterday it was a whole pork loin to cut up

Flank steak (great for us because its sooo tender)

Ribeye Steaks

Whole Chickens ( i have one of those showtime rotissaries)

Thats the everytime thing.

Also, i make sure to get my cottage cheese for hubby (best deal around) His beef Jerky, and tuna though all of it we are stocked up on or he doesnt want it. Worst deals.. soda prices! they are so high!

My friend had bought the Turkey Tenderloins wrapped in bacon. I cooked them on the grill and they were delicious.

Cook over medium heat, and 10 minutes per side. If longer they will tend to dry out.

Mmm mouth watering thinking anout them.

My friend had bought the Turkey Tenderloins wrapped in bacon. I cooked them on the grill and they were delicious.

Cook over medium heat, and 10 minutes per side. If longer they will tend to dry out.

Mmm mouth watering thinking anout them.

Were those from Sam's or Costco? They sound good.

I've bought the bags of turkey burgers from Sam's before. I'm not too fond of ground turkey myself, but the hubby and son like them. If I remember right, the nutritional stats were pretty good.

Were those from Sam's or Costco? They sound good.

They were from Sam's club. Just remember not to over cook. People have a tendency to over cook chicken and turkey, then it is dry.

I always cook my chicken or turkey on grill or in oven (white meat) at a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes. It turns out perfect.

There aren't any Costco's anywhere near us at all--not even any in our travels south (like the 4 hours for Trader Joes).. and we've never been to a Sam's club.

We have a BJ's club membership though. We buy splenda 14.99/700 pkgs (and I usually have coupons for that).. coffee BJ's brand decaf in both the reg. and hazelnut flavor.

Zyrtec (BJ's brand) is an awesome deal. Benefiber, shampoo & conditioners, various other supplements.. Aspirin & Tylenol (store bands with those again)

Ground Buffalo is a really good deal there, so if we're low, we sometimes stock up. Those are the only 'must buys'. Also, if we go to a BJ's that has gas, we usually will fill up the tank.

In the winter, we'll also buy winter blades for the car, we've bought tires, shocks for various cars... washer fluid, oil changes. Stuff like that. I also always go through their book section, socks & undies. We bought our phones, we've bought DVD's and misc. school supplies when the kids needed them.

Oh- nuts- though we eat too many so we stopped buying the mixed nuts in the huge containers.

Edited by mistymee

I only have a Costco in my town and I go about once a month.

We do the cat food and dog food thing there..

I just found at our store Yoplait frozen yogurt and triple berry smoothie mix. It has 3 kinds of berries and frozen chunks of yogurt. You put one pouch in the blender and add a cup of milk and it makes 2 8 oz. smoothies. I am addicted. It makes me feel like I am eating ice cream but it is healthy... I can't drink milk anymore but I can tolerate this fine. I hate eating yogurt but can do it this way. It is about 140 calories per smoothie.

I buy turkey burger..cheapest around...we use it in place of ground hamburger in most recipes. Family actually prefers it to ground hamburger.

I also buy whole chickens....we can eat off of one of those for a week.

Veggies...I love artichokes and our store always has big ones.

I usually go up and down the aisles searching for new exciting stuff. It takes me forever!

Costco is my friend/enemy! lol Its hard to control spending in that store. When I do go to Costco this is what I normally get.

Chicken breast boneless/skinless, steaks, ribs, hamburger

Vitamins

Cottonelle wipes

Toothpaste & toothbrushes

Canned, frozen, & fresh veggies/fruits

Soups

Rice & pasta's

Snack foods

Water

Toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates

batteries

Seafood

Pizza

Of course this was before I had my wls. I will still get some of the same things for my family but it is been difficult to purchase food items for me. Luckily I have never been one for free samples so that won't bother me when I go next weekend.

.....Luckily I have never been one for free samples so that won't bother me when I go next weekend.

LOL about the samples. :D I've went in there a couple of times, and basically eaten dinner (from samples) while shopping....a jumbo shrimp, chicken salad on a pita cracker, and a couple of strawberries, and I'm stuffed! I avoid the guy giving the fudge samples though. I'm convinced that he is the devil in disguise. ;)