Claire-in-Texas

Today's WOW Moment Was..."

310 lbs today. down from 496 in may. finally fit into a damn booth. dont dare to buy new clothes cuz they wont fit me tommorow. nobody recognizes me but i suppose thats a good thing. putting shoes on are alot easier now. i had to cut my belt and drill new holes. looking forward to go shopping for normal sized clothes rather than shopping at mark and pauls big and small. which is where i shopped for the last 20 years. finally starting to actually feel good like almost normal now. i had the worst time from this surgery. but there will be a day where i say im glad i had it done. thinking i would like to have a dirt bike now. i had a screaming eagle vrod last year (a harley). im buying a new bicycle this weekend thats something i havent done for a while... a long while.

I had a small wow moment this morning. I had not been to My PCP since September 2008. I was 339 on that last visit. She had to look twice before it sunk in who I was. We got to looking back through my file,come to find out my highest weight ever was in Nov 2007 I was 382. Today Im officially 259 with sweats on,no shoes. Im happy.:D ...Sco

Love it! :)

Me too.These stories keep me motivated. Gotta get ready for w*rk now,lol. Take care...Sco

I, am officially 249! I have not been under 250 since I was about 23. That was ten years ago~!

Todays moment...well it was last night, went shopping with a friend, and YES, tried on a pair of ......size 38's....and yes, they fit, she dug the @*# in the new digs....fricken not only a wow, but a hole fricken WOW!!!

That makes me down 28 sizes..yikes

Excellent! I cant wait till Im under 250. Its my next goal on my list. :D ...Sco

Yay Baja:)

Scoman...it's an awesome feeling. You'll be there soon. You are doing so good anyway! I love this thread!

Todays moment...well it was last night, went shopping with a friend, and YES, tried on a pair of ......size 38's....and yes, they fit, she dug the @*# in the new digs....fricken not only a wow, but a hole fricken WOW!!!

That makes me down 28 sizes..yikes

I told ya to get out and try on some of those 38's.

Great job on working that tool!

My girl friend and I went out shopping, and I was actually the passanger for the ride.. And I said to my gf, hey look that guy is totally checking me out (that never happens) ... and she looked and I was looking and giggling like a teenager, and he waved!!! and then we really giggled like school girls. We went shoe shopping and I've lost a whole size. : D

Still loving this thread!

Kimber~

More than 3 years out, laying in the hospital, bent over in pain, I still managed to find the WOWs that are now part of my everyday life. And I STILL celebrate each and every one of them.

#1) I easily fit in the MRI machine. There is NO WAY I could have done that 200 pounds ago.

#2) I was tucked in the fetal position in pain on Friday night. One of the resp. therapist walked in, who I have known for over 30 years. He walked up to the nurse telling her that the pharmacy was on the phone to talk to her about this "little" lady! Even in pain that still brought a resonating WOW.

#3) Dr Foote came in Sunday morning to tell me the results of the surgery that I had on Saturday. He said that my insides were the BEST he has EVER seen on a patient! No scarring, no open pockets for possible internal hernias. Nothing of concern except for what he went in to fix. He honestly was totally amazed. So even inside and outside I am seeing WOWs.

#4) I walked down to visit Vicki (Time4me) and she was excited to tell me something. She had been talking to another patient in the hall and that lady said to her, "Did you see that really little lady walking the hall? There is no way SHE had surgery!!" Vicki had to laugh when she told her that I had surgery 3 years ago.

#5) My pcp thanked me for pushing him to find an answer. He said that every time I push him to expand what he sees in front of him I challenge him to look further and learn. I NEVER would have done that 3 years ago. So every time I look at the person that I have become all I can say is WOW!

#6) I was contacted today by my surgeon's office asking if they can use my before and after pictures in an ad for the press. My first WOW is that they asked, my second WOW is that I agreed!! Allowing a picture of myself in the paper?? Now that is a real WOW! :)

More than 3 years out, laying in the hospital, bent over in pain, I still managed to find the WOWs that are now part of my everyday life. And I STILL celebrate each and every one of them.

#1) I easily fit in the MRI machine. There is NO WAY I could have done that 200 pounds ago.

#2) I was tucked in the fetal position in pain on Friday night. One of the resp. therapist walked in, who I have known for over 30 years. He walked up to the nurse telling her that the pharmacy was on the phone to talk to her about this "little" lady! Even in pain that still brought a resonating WOW.

#3) Dr Foote came in Sunday morning to tell me the results of the surgery that I had on Saturday. He said that my insides were the BEST he has EVER seen on a patient! No scarring, no open pockets for possible internal hernias. Nothing of concern except for what he went in to fix. He honestly was totally amazed. So even inside and outside I am seeing WOWs.

#4) I walked down to visit Vicki (Time4me) and she was excited to tell me something. She had been talking to another patient in the hall and that lady said to her, "Did you see that really little lady walking the hall? There is no way SHE had surgery!!" Vicki had to laugh when she told her that I had surgery 3 years ago.

#5) My pcp thanked me for pushing him to find an answer. He said that every time I push him to expand what he sees in front of him I challenge him to look further and learn. I NEVER would have done that 3 years ago. So every time I look at the person that I have become all I can say is WOW!

#6) I was contacted today by my surgeon's office asking if they can use my before and after pictures in an ad for the press. My first WOW is that they asked, my second WOW is that I agreed!! Allowing a picture of myself in the paper?? Now that is a real WOW! :)

Is reading Beth's WOW moment. Really proud of you Beth.

With you, the glass is half full.

I love that.

Av

Is reading Beth's WOW moment. Really proud of you Beth.

With you, the glass is half full.

I love that.

Av

Oh Av, thank you...you make me smile too. :)

You know I just remembered another WOW from this weekend. I was talking to Vicki. She was telling me how she had been talking to Randy one of the PAs the night before. She was so worried about me and kept asking Randy how I was. Obviously he wasn't allowed to tell her and explained why. Vicki told me she said to him, "But she's my idol and I'm just SO worried about her!"

....Me someone's idol? :eek: I hear those kinds of things and the mouth drops open, the head shakes in amazement and every time I mutter to myself, WOW!

Edited by MiladyB

Yay Baja:)

Scoman...it's an awesome feeling. You'll be there soon. You are doing so good anyway! I love this thread!

I jumped on my scales after my Dr appointment before my shower....257.Life is good!:D

Oh Beth, you are MY idol, too!! Only you would find so many WOW moments in the hospital while in pain.

You are amazing, girl!!! And I love your WOWs!!!

Oh Av, thank you...you make me smile too. :)

You know I just remembered another WOW from this weekend. I was talking to Vicki. She was telling me how she had been talking to Randy one of the PAs the night before. She was so worried about me and kept asking Randy how I was. Obviously he wasn't allowed to tell her and explained why. Vicki told me she said to him, "But she's my idol and I'm just SO worried about her!"

....Me someone's idol? :eek: I hear those kinds of things and the mouth drops open, the head shakes in amazement and every time I mutter to myself, WOW!

Ah come on Beth, you know your many many peoples idol around here, Im on the A list!!!:D

Ah come on Beth, you know your many many peoples idol around here, Im on the A list!!!:D

*L* I may know it Baja but it STILL amazes me! Never thought at the start of this journey that I would be the person that I am today. Never in a million years.

I CLIMBED A FREAKING ROCK WALL TODAY!!!! WHOA!!!!!! hahaha how awesome is that?? It was super intense!!!

He walked up to the nurse telling her that the pharmacy was on the phone to talk to her about this "little" lady! Even in pain that still brought a resonating WOW.

This brings back a great WOW moment for me last week. I had wisdom tooth oral surgery last week and right before my surgeon put me out, the nurse had just found out that I had WLS and was asking me questions about how much I weighed before and how much I lost and she said she knows someone that had the surgery and had to have alot of loose skin removed and I told her that "I" had tons of loose skin to be removed and she looked at me so weird and said....."but you're so TINY"! That was the BEST feeling in the world to be called tiny, even at my size now, and this woman is a tall, very thin lady. Made my whole day. I think I went out with a smile on my face for that surgery. Actually was one of the last things I remember hearing before my IV was pushed with twilight juice. :D

This brings back a great WOW moment for me last week. I had wisdom tooth oral surgery last week and right before my surgeon put me out, the nurse had just found out that I had WLS and was asking me questions about how much I weighed before and how much I lost and she said she knows someone that had the surgery and had to have alot of loose skin removed and I told her that "I" had tons of loose skin to be removed and she looked at me so weird and said....."but you're so TINY"! That was the BEST feeling in the world to be called tiny, even at my size now, and this woman is a tall, very thin lady. Made my whole day. I think I went out with a smile on my face for that surgery. Actually was one of the last things I remember hearing before my IV was pushed with twilight juice.

Yep, there is something about being called "tiny" and "small" that just makes us burst into a smile! Even after all of this time it doesn't lose that thrill, does it? :)

staraex-A ROCK WALL!!! WOW!!! :eek: How incredibly awesome!!

Today's WOWs? Eric called me "svelte" and Baja thinks I'm a "hottie" :eek: Oh myyyyy...now ya got me blushin'!

Edited by MiladyB

Today I had a HUGE WOW moment.

First, many of you know that I was laid off on Tuesday from a job that I absolutely loved. It was devastating and crushing. It was a reduction in force, I was the newest admin, and it was the fair thing to do (very little turnover, the admins that were left have been there for over 20 years). It's been a crushing few days.

HOWEVER, this morning I got out of bed, looked in the mirror and saw who I have become in the last two years - and I embraced that image. The WOW moment was when the feeling of good health, pride and accomplishment came over me. It literally lifted me up, and that is where I am as I write this.

Awwww congrats! I look forward to the day I look at myself in the mirror, and not only recognize myself through my eyes if that makes any sense! I look forward to having that moment. I am so glad you shared that with us! It gives me the hope that I will also have that moment in the near future!

If I can share a little 'wow moment' from today?

I'm only 5 weeks post-operative, so it's just a little thing!

I've just started driving again. Today I got into my car to drive to work, and instead of a 'pull seat belt out, breathe in, pull it round me, click', I just had 'pull seat belt round me, click'.

LOL, you had to be there I guess!

Love to hear all of your wow moments and dream of me looking forward to some of them.

My wow...I bought a pair of skinny jeans. Granted, they are a size 16, but they are still skinny jeans. The wow in all this is that I look AWESOME in them. Yay!! s