Claire-in-Texas

Today's WOW Moment Was..."

My WOW today was subtle. I was in the middle of a mini business meeting, and the thought flashed across my mind that I was the slimmest female there.

Claire, at 106, I would be worried about anyone smaller than you!!!

Your the runt of the litter now!!!:D:D

WOW moment this weekend: having a hotel towel completely cover me w/roooooooom to spare!!! =) no more beach towels for me!!!!!!

I had a WOW WOW with my feet a few hours ago.

I haven't worn my orthopedic shoes in months. My husband bought me boots at Lane Bryant outlet for the winter and I slowly began wearing them all the time. I took out my O-shoes today as a quickie to take my dog out before errands, and they were too big, they literally fell off my feet.

So I went to Walmart and measured my foot.

My foot size is now a size 8 W, my O-shoes are 9 WWW.

I am now thinking that I'll never need O-shoes again (needed them for edema which has long since disappeared, and plantar fasciitis, which is getting amazingly better). Maybe I'll even wear heals again? I sure hope that isn't wishful thinking.

My WOW moments this week so far are :::

Shopping for my birthday outfit this weekend for my girls night out ..

Im now 4 sizes smaller ... gone from a uk size 26 to an 18 .

So this years birthday is very different from last years :D

Met 2 ladies I know in Asda the other day whilst shopping they kept staring at me saying ' U LOOK SO WELL ' ( I hadnt seen them for a good while)

Then after we had walked away they come back and said 'HAVE U LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT ???? :D

To be told u look lovely and gorgeous is A TOTAL WOW !!!!

And it keeps u spurred on all these lovely compliments .....

YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA ......

This thread is so encouraging!! I'm so happy for all of you!

My first wow moment was when the scale went under 200 lbs for the first time in YEARS!! :D

Maybe I'll even wear heals again? I sure hope that isn't wishful thinking.

oooooo definitely! you'll look hot hot hot!

My first wow moment was when the scale went under 200 lbs for the first time in YEARS!! :D

yup- thats the best!

Baja, I love to be small, the "runt of the litter!!" :D

My feet got much smaller, as did my fingers/hands/wrists/arms/legs, etc.

So today I was in Walmart and a nice lady (about my age, average build, a little taller than me) asked me, while she and I were looking at the clearance rack, what size I was - she wanted to pick up some things for her sister who "is also tiny."

Tiny? MEEEEE???? Talk about WOW!!!

I smiled pleasantly, told her I wear a SMALL, and she smiled back. :D

My WOW moment for today...wearing my 16 year old daughter's "skinny" juniors size 6 jeans & having to wear a belt :eek: I never thought I would be her size, let alone smaller :cool:

Another wow moment...being called tiny :D

I just returned from Jackson Hole Wyoming - the site of a business conference that I HAD to attend. The good thing is that we could bring our spouses. The bad thing is that my spouse, Bones, is a doctor and she would not let me snowboard - in that I'm only six weeks Post-op. :mad: #%$ is up with that? :P

My WOW moments:

1) four regional jets: two Embrar RJ's, and two Canadair RJ's (you know the kind with the tiny narrow seats and no first class cabin) and NOT ONE SEAT BELT EXTENDER WAS NECESSARY!

2) I was able to walk up and down all those hills, steep inclines, and slick surfaces pain and fatigue free. No foot or leg problems.

Still there were some reality checks:

I still dont fit well in a rented Mitsubishi Galant while wearing full arctic gear. Luckily in Houston that is seldom a requirement.

I really shouldnt snowboard till I lose more weight. My bud, who is about my size, fell while skiing the Grand Teton and slid half way down the mountain on his back. Turned in his ski gear immediately upon reaching the bottom. :eek:

I picked up a couple of pounds while there, but am dedicating myself to shedding them by Monday weigh in. *crosses fingers*

I picked up a couple of pounds while there, but am dedicating myself to shedding them by Monday weigh in. *crosses fingers*

no worries! im sure you'll do it! just set your mind back on track!!! :)

Ok, my turn guys! this may not be a big thing for most of you but I've been on cloud since thursdays big wow moment!

When I first started at my gym a month ago, I could only manage about a minute and a half on the elliptical and I absolutely hated it and refused to go near it again! My nickname for it is the b***h.

On thursday I decided to give it a shot and I did 15 minutes on it! Yaaaaaaay! I beat the b***h!!

My weekend of WOW moments was kinda different....

It was an emotionally painful weekend concerning family, and I was very upset.

The WOW part is that it never occurred to me to eat. Oh, I ate in a normal way, but it never occurred to me to seek comfort in food.

I am so grateful for this surgery, and for what it has done for me both physically and emotionally. Life goes on, but I don't have to eat myself to death as it twists and turns.

I am so grateful for this surgery, and for what it has done for me both physically and emotionally. Life goes on, but I don't have to eat myself to death as it twists and turns.

well said Claire!

My WOW moment happened yesterday! I was uploading some pictures from my fiance's bday party! well, one of his co-workers fiances who is petite (short) and body wise is normal stood next to me in a picture. When I looked, I noticed I appeared thinner than her!!! I was floored!

Yesterday I had a visit with one of my friends, and as she was leaving I was noticing her very nice winter coat.. And I knew in my head it was something nice. It was from London Fog. Well, she was like, here would you like to try it on.. and I was thinking Heck yeah!!! I do.. but I politely said yes, I would love too.. I tired it on and I could button it up.. as I took it off I looked at the size in SHOCK.. a 16 I've NEVER been a 16 in anything!

Cheers'

Kimber~

Ps, I LOVE this thread!

Ok, my turn guys! this may not be a big thing for most of you but I've been on cloud since thursdays big wow moment!

When I first started at my gym a month ago, I could only manage about a minute and a half on the elliptical and I absolutely hated it and refused to go near it again! My nickname for it is the b***h.

On thursday I decided to give it a shot and I did 15 minutes on it! Yaaaaaaay! I beat the b***h!!

YAY... good for you! I call it the 'death machine'... it's going to kill me, or I'm gonna kill it! HATE the damn thing, but I do it anyway..:P

YAY... good for you! I call it the 'death machine'... it's going to kill me, or I'm gonna kill it! HATE the damn thing, but I do it anyway..:P

you dont like it???? awww i looove the elipticals!!! I have gained .3 lbs this weekend (fiances bday weekend, lots of food), so Im off to do it for an hour along with treadmill fora 1/2. Gotta get outta this damn stall.

you dont like it???? awww i looove the elipticals!!! I have gained .3 lbs this weekend (fiances bday weekend, lots of food), so Im off to do it for an hour along with treadmill fora 1/2. Gotta get outta this damn stall.

I miss walking so much, but my podiatrist won't allow me to walk for exercise anymore.

We have two elliptical riders, one cheap one and one really good one.. but the really good one needs a part and DH hasn't ordered it yet, so I'm stuck using the horrible cheap one. It does not adjust for stride length and I'm a shorty (5'4"). I might not HATE it so much if I could use the good one.. *might* being the operative word. I do it anyway, despite the hate.

I went to Tahoe Skiing for the first time in 13 years! I grew up skiing and had stopped for fear of hurting myself and not being able to fit the clothes any longer. Well I skiied saturday, in ski clothing, and was very comfortable, didn't get winded, now my legs eventually gave out after about 5 hours on the mountain, but I skiied well and had a blast, taught my 10 year old nephew to ski, and am sooo looking forward to many many more days of skiing with my nephew and brother. I realized that THIS is why I did the surgery and its days like this that keep me on track and grateful everyday for the gift of this surgery.

I do it anyway, despite the hate.

keep it up!!!!!!!! :)

My wow for the day is, I am actually wanting to do "Tai Bo Bootcamp".

My wow for the day is, I am actually wanting to do "Tai Bo Bootcamp".

amazing, right??????????????? Pump it up, baby!!!!

My WOW today: I ran 7 minutes on the treadmill!!!! woo-hooo!!!

So I took advantage of the time I have off for lunch to go have my hair done.

I sat down in the salon to wait for my stylist, and noticed that the walls were totally covered with mirrors, and I saw my reflection in several of them, at one time.

I totally did not recognize myself. I looked so good that I was literally admiring my reflection!! What a hoot! I am far from a raving beauty, but the improvement is startling to me!

A WOW moment, for sure!