Claire-in-Texas

Today's WOW Moment Was..."

No kidding, these WOWs are just thrilling!!!!

HUGE WOWs!!!

My WOW today so far....I just checked, I'm still thin! :) It's still a WOW!!! :D

My wow for the day is I told my trainer I wanted to be able to pass an Army PT test which includes 2 min pushups and situps and a timed two mile run. I can do the run but as of two weeks ago I couldn't do one legal Army pushup, today I did 5, got a ways to go but I will get there!

Cheshire Kittie.. i love your avatar and had a bumper sticker with the dragon saying on it. Congrats on your wow moment!!

my wow moment came this weekend for me, i am under 290 pounds and only two pounds away from having lost 50. This is huge for me, i have not been this size in many many years.

i am still hoping to acheive my person goal of having 100 pounds lost by July 4th that will be 7 months out and will be half of what i need to loose.

These tiny WOW moments keep me going ...

Today .. My WOW was walking out of the house late .. and not putting makeup on ... I can do it at my desk if I need to .. but being told by 2 people that I looked nice today and I dont even need makeup anymore...

and like claire.. I woke this morning .. and I am still thin.... its not a dream.... its real...

My wow moment for the day is....

Swimming in a pair of jeans, and seeing my muffin top start to get smaller and smaller. Puts a huge smile on my face:)

My wow for today was I grabbed a pair of jeans that are my 24s and put them on, these were from like 6 years ago or so that I wore them, and today as I was walking from the parking structer to the office I nearly lost my pants. Thank goodness they have a draw string and I was able to make them tighter. So, I'll be bagging more clothes up!

Kimber~

My WOW today so far....I just checked, I'm still thin! :) It's still a WOW!!! :D

I hear you Claire and Amanda! And wasn't it a revelation to wake up that one day and realize I AM THIN!?

I have another wow that happened today. I met someone for coffee, a blind date, a friend of a friend. He said I looked thinner than the pictures my friend had showed him. Told him I needed to gain a few pounds and he asked why it was hard for me to gain. I said it was partially because I'm afraid of being overweight again. He did a double take and said he couldn't believe I was ever overweight.

Hearing THAT is a very common thing now, but it sure is a WOW for my brain to digest, even after all these years. :)

I had my first wow today. I know I shouldnt have since it is less than a week since my RNY. but I did it anyway. I was down 25 pounds since the 14th of Jan.

I had my first wow today. I know I shouldnt have since it is less than a week since my RNY. but I did it anyway. I was down 25 pounds since the 14th of Jan.

Are you kidding? That is a HUGE WOW! And you have earned it!!! Congratulations, and may the beat go on!

Here's to more WOW moments! Bring 'em on!

Claire - I love this thread!! I have no wow moments (except wow, I'm fat!!) so far since I have not yet had surgery, but I have enjoyed all the WOW's other's have posted and hope everyone continues to add their moments!!

Claire - I love this thread!! I have no wow moments (except wow, I'm fat!!) so far since I have not yet had surgery, but I have enjoyed all the WOW's other's have posted and hope everyone continues to add their moments!!

Nikki, YOU are exactly why i think all the little and big WOW moments should be documented -- you and people just like you, exactly where you are!

YOU WILL PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD WITH YOUR WOW MOMENTS!!!! Yes, I promise! You will! You have so much to look to!

HUGS!

My WOW as I began my day....

As I woke up I thought, WOW, I can spend my day as a THIN person.....<sigh>

I wonder if I will ever get used to that. I was fat my entire life.....

My wow today is...I can wear size 20 jeans:)

I shoveled snow today! Did it for 20 minutes, the deck, the walkway, the driveway -- no back pain, no leg pain, and I wasn't out of breath. No snow blower either, just an orange snow shovel. I even thoroughly enjoyed it. When I was finished, I felt very proud of myself, but secretly hoped that I didn't overdo it.

The best part was when I told my 15 year old son that I already did it, as he was getting ready to do it, he said, "Wow... I can't remember the last time you did that, mom!" Then he said, "I'll take the dog out for you." I wanted to turn him down, but I couldn't nix the importance of the offer. While he was out, I put my ankle weights on and did some extra stepping around the house for 15 minutes.

It's hours and hours later, and I'm still feeling OK from all that bending down, shoveling and stepping. Now that's another WOW. I'm only hoping that my WOW tomorrow will be no pain from today.

As a note... I used to have to sit often to straighten out my back. Any kind of bending and my back was out. Any kind of walking and I had to sit. My daily WOW is just being active rather than sedentary. Rather than having my son fetch, I do the fetching for myself.

My WOW moment for the week was.....getting home from a 9 day vacation, weighing myself, and realizing I'm now a member of the Century Club. :D

My wow for this week is: At the beginning of this process I grabbed a pair of jeans from my bf that he shrank out of. Levi SilverTabs 38X32. And I must say I got them on, zipped up, and buttoned (breathing was a bit restricted) But I got them on!!! So I walked the catwalk (the hallway) and strutted my stuff and said, "Look at me!!" At the very beginning I was in a Lane Bryant 28 or a 48 inch waist. It felt amazing.

Cheers'

Kimber~

My wow of the day: Looking at pics I had taken of myself, and actually thinking I looked great in them!

Elaina, isn't that fun??? I used to dodge the camera, saying I just wasn't photogenic. Actually, I'm not particularly photogenic, but at least I look slim! LOL

Yes! I never minded taking pics until afterwards. It would always make me feel so horrible about myself. Everyone is telling me how they can see the change happening to me..my eyes are brighter and I look happy:) It's pretty hard to hide that now!

My wow moment was weighing 259lbs after many years! Another wow moment is just getting new to me clothes & already having them not fit me.:D

I wore hand me down Jammies for the first time, and I'm proud to say that they are an XL I've never fit in an XL of anything. And they are a pant and shirt set.

<3

Kimber~

My wow for the day was looking at pictures of myself from our annual renaissance festival trip - last year and this year.... I don't even really remember or recognize the "big" me....

Its cool to actually be with someone and not feeling ashamed for them to be with you, people now look at you and they are looking, not looking away..even still being fat, its a lot better than the added 200 pounds!!

Wow for the day...hmmmmm...

The fact that even though I am experiencing hair loss....I have a TON of hair so it isn't noticable:)

My WOW today was subtle. I was in the middle of a mini business meeting, and the thought flashed across my mind that I was the slimmest female there.