WV person here and looks like only one!

Mikizinaniisii

So with that said Welcome to WV.

I am originally from NY. I moved to TX in the early 80's and then to SD. If I had a choice I would take upper state NY or SD over any other state in the world.

NY offers the snowmobile club and the friends and family I grew up with. NOT my family as they are in southern NY

SD - My daughters husband is stationed there, that is where they met and married. The snow is so deep, you have to dig your way out of your house sometimes. I loved it.

So as you can tell, I like SNOW and miss it dearly!

• 3 months later...
I am a WV girl as well! I live in Milton. Its mid way between Charleston and Huntington :)

I know Milton very well. Well I did until the flea market went up in flames. I use to bring my scooter and scooter over the top of people. I hear, it's opening back up soon! Yippie! Will have to get my scooter back from my Brother in law.

I am from WV as well...i live alot closer to Pittsburgh than I do to any of you...I am waiting fr insurance approval/denial...I am looking to have my srgery in Pittsburgh!

Welcome, I am from Ellenboro, WV - between parkersburg and clarksburg. Dr. Shin also done my surgery. He is awesome.

I could go on and on about Dr Shin for hours but I have a life to live so I will just say I am thrilled to have him as my surgeon. He was a perfessonal, he was also able to speak to you on a level you understood, and he made you feel as though you were part of the family in a way. We had a ball at the last fit nic and can't wait for the next one. I will be running (Not have bad knees and neuropathy) the walk next year. I can dream. I might be back on a scooter by then as my neuropathy is getting pretty bad. Not sure when I am to see him next but I Know he will be telling me it's time to slow down on the weight loss. I will only laugh as it's like telling a mule to go when he has sore feet. I am stuck in go and I can't stop.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are burried in the snow in Ansted, WV. I work in Charleston, and haven't been able to make it to work the last 2 days. Dr Shin also did my surgery in Dec. 2009. HE IS AWESOME!!!!! :)

post-13709-1299098540474_thumb.png

Edited by Trenda
ticker didn't attach

New to the forum. I just started the process for a gastric bypass. I have my first consultation with Dr. Bali the first week in January.

My friend had the lab band with Dr. Bali in October. The whole process was FAST. She said she was glad she choose him.

• 2 months later...

Hi there! I see it's been a while since the majority of these messages were posted, but I, too, am a born and raised West Virginian! :) I'm from the Charles Town, Jefferson County area. Very close to Harpers Ferry...

My surgery is scheduled for THIS COMING Monday, May 3rd!!!! I'm nervous, scared, excited, worried... which I guess is normal.

I'd love to hear from other fellow WV'ers!!!!!

:)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I just moved to Martinsburg a few weeks ago. I'm originally from Texas, but had my surgery done in Owasso, OK by the wonderful Dr. Kirk. Is there a support group meeting around here? Any suggestions on a doc to take over my follow-up?

I had my surgery 2 months ago, and have lost 40 pounds already. That's 33% of my goal weight loss. Is that about what everyone else has seen? (I had the Roux-n-Y.) I'm still having a LOT of trouble with some foods, mostly meats, making me puke after I eat. I don't puke everything I've eaten most of the time though.

Original weight: 267

Current weight: 227

Goal weight: 150'ish

Height: 5'9"

Hi,

I just moved to Martinsburg a few weeks ago. I'm originally from Texas, but had my surgery done in Owasso, OK by the wonderful Dr. Kirk. Is there a support group meeting around here? Any suggestions on a doc to take over my follow-up?

I had my surgery 2 months ago, and have lost 40 pounds already. That's 33% of my goal weight loss. Is that about what everyone else has seen? (I had the Roux-n-Y.) I'm still having a LOT of trouble with some foods, mostly meats, making me puke after I eat. I don't puke everything I've eaten most of the time though.

Original weight: 267

Current weight: 227

Goal weight: 150'ish

Height: 5'9"

Hi there! Congrats on your weight loss so far & Welcome to WV!!! :) Martinsburg is very close to me!!! :) Jefferson/Berkeley Counties are great places to live... but I'm a littl biased! :)

I had my surgery in Winchester, VA. They are the closest Bariatric Center. the group is fantastic! Drs. Glembot and Wiedower are very nice and their entire staff is as well. And they do have support group meetings once a month. I must say, though, that I haven't had a chance to make a meeting yet, but I do plan to do so. If you google Winchester Bariatric Center - you'll find their website. They also have a Facebook page (as well as me!).

I started a WV group, too. It's called WV friends, but I only have 3 members...LOL...

If you have any other questions or would just like to keep in touch... us WV RNY folks need to stick together (LOL)... just shoot me a message or a post! :)

Hope this helps!

I'm in Morgantown, glad to see another WV girl here! : )

YAY Morgantown! YAY WVU!!! :)

I started a WV Friends group... feel free to join!!

I'm from Princeton, WV. I had my surgery on July 26. in Charleston as well. I had Dr. Rossi. He was great. I lost about 31 pounds so far. My cousin had GPS about 3 years ago and Dr. Shin did it and she has done wonderful.

Welcome to the Losers Bench! Congrats on your weightloss!!! It's great finding more WVers!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually in Winchester, VA, but it's close to WV. I thought it was funny though... I was also born in NY (Orange County) and lived in San Diego (Oceanside) before finally settling here!

MaraJayne! Hi there! We're neighbors AND we share the same Dr!!!! :) Sounds like you've been all over the place whereas I've lived here my whole life! :)

I love our group... so friendly and very caring!

Maybe we'll meet up at a support group... if I ever have the time to go to one!

Take Care!

:)

• 1 month later...

Maybe we'll meet up at a support group... if I ever have the time to go to one!

I haven't made one yet. Going to try and go next week though. I have a Wednesday night commitment that it's difficult to miss.

My goal was to go this month as well! We'll see what next week brings. I've been busy with football/cheer season with kids, but thing have calmed a bit for a week or two... next week starts basketball though. :) We'll see!

My 6 month check-up is tomorrow! :) Feeling great and doing well so should be fine... unless my bloodwork says my levels are off... hoping all is well though. :)

Take Care!

Six months?!?! That's exciting. Let me know how it goes!

I have a friend that is going to the info seminar this month, I told her I'd go with her. When I first had my surgery, her mom was very against her even considering it. Now that she's watching me change, she's agreed to go to the seminar with her. I'm very excited for her.

• 1 year later...

I'm not in WV but I am here in Winchester, VA! My surgery is scheduled Aug 13th. Getting REALLY excited! One gastric bypass coming right up! =D Good to meet you all!

Hi Greeneyed! I'm actually a patient ambassador for the bariatric program here, we do the patient visits, the day after surgery... I'm actually scheduled to do visits on the 14th! Dr. Glembot is awesome and these three weeks will FLY by!!! Will you be at support group on the 8th?