Claire-in-Texas

T-T Cruise 2008 MEMORIES...

Where do I begin to express the total joy of this cruise! So many elements of joy, from seeing and getting to know friends we met on T-T, to discussing our journeys and our past and current issues, in sharing moments of our lives, in hugging and kissing and enjoying each other. And then there was the ship. Oh my goodness what a fabulous ship of fabulous amenities, and food to die for.

Here is my own spin on our T-T cruisers...

Maline - She's GORGEOUS! And she was a joy to embrace. Lively and fun. So alive!! Roy, her husband, is delightful and precious! A very connected couple!

Eric (OsoDelDesierto) - Stunningly handsome, extraordinarily bright and insightful. Wonderful smile. And I got to dance with him! <sigh> Cameron, Eric's partner, was such fun, and shared his life in a very meaningful way.

Erin (Nyn) - Oh my goodness, she is drop dead gorgeous! Adorable to be with. Her smile lights up any room.

Michelle (Duckie) - The total surprise of the trip. She has a magnificent voice, and I had chills as I listened to her sing from her heart. Fabulous gal, and she and Erin enjoyed each other's company. Her black strapless dress is a "killer!"

Jeff (BigBearJeff) - This guy has it all - he is extremely handsome, very sharp, very warm and friendly, and excruciatingly funny. Jeff's partner, Dave, is the perfect straight man for Jeff, and a darling and attractive man. the dynamics between them were heartwarming.

Andrea and Nicola - the Italian connection (Paul's friends). At first it was difficult to communicate (they don't speak English), but as time passed, and we all embraced each other, it was clear that they enjoyed our company, and we managed to communicate the necessities, and our hearts said the rest.

Corrine - I find myself speechless when it comes to Corrine. She has a loveliness that is indescribable, a sharp wit, and her intellect caused a lot of interesting and heartfelt conversations between us, and with everyone. It was such a joy to share my stateroom and my heart with Corrine.

We missed Paul and Bernardo at every turn - it was painful that they weren't with us.

There is, of course, more to say about everyone, and pictures are coming (cruisers, feel free to post them here).

Edited by Claire-in-Texas

Awwwww... what a great start of the Cruise stories!

I can't wait to hear more --- and to see the pictures!

Love to you all!

katie

Katie, we all enjoyed your lovely gifts to us!! I won't say what they are until Paul gets his in Italy. I decided that I would send on the gift to Andrea and Nicola also, so that Paul could explain to them what they really meant, and who you are.

It was a touching moment when we each opened our gift.

Thank you, dear Katie, for your thoughtfulness!

xoxox

Food!

Oh there was so much food, 24/7, and it was an interesting process for me. I hope other cruisers will share their FOOD experiences!

I can tell you that I ate more in volume, much more variety. I took the stairs often and with great gusto, snorkeled (another story entirely), and was conscious of upping my activity level because I WAS eating much more.

The bottom line - I am exactly the same weight now as I was before the cruise. Right where I am supposed to be, 106 lbs.

This really did prove to me that one's activity level has EVERYTHING to do with how much we can and should eat.

The food was wonderful, varied, constant. I learned a lot about how I process food. For example, when I ate only fruit and veggies, I was hungry an hour later. If I added a bit of potato salad, I found I wasn't hungry as often. So bread or potato is a good carb at times (matter of degree, I guess).

At the magnificent Chocolate Buffet (OH MY GOODNESS), I ate a bite of two eclairs. That was enough. I was happy with the way I ate.

I speak for myself here, and I hope others will share their FOOD experiences on the cruise.

Oh Claire! Thank you!

You have a strong descriptive ability so I can feel the "temperature" of your relationships. Thank you for introducing the group (vs the individual knowledge we have formed on the Forum).

Interesting observations on your food intake! Good point now that Christmas is lurking!

Looking forward to reading more from you all soon!

Cheers,

Vim

I have fabulous professional portraits to scan and post. Can't get them done at a store since they won't scan professional work. I therefore have bought a scanner (but now I realize I need a USB cable). Will get the scanner up and running, and you will see us all, as we were during a glorious time.

First picture:

Top row: Roy (Maline's husband), BigBearJeff, Paul's friends Nicola and Andrea, Maline, Cameron (OsoDelDesierto/Eric's partner), Corrine

Middle: Claire

Bottom row: Duckie/Michelle, Nyn/Erin, Dave (Jeff's partner), OsoDelDesierto/Eric

post-4167-12990983457487_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claire-in-Texas

This is Dave, Jeff's partner. What an amazing time we had on this cruise. All of you are such incredible, gifted, beautiful, funny, caring people. It was a privelge to meet and get to know each of you. You should all be so proud of what you have accomplished in life and on your journey. Everyone one was amazing.

We had a great time. The ship and all it offered was awesome. We loved getting to know each of you and loved sharing our stories. Claire, you're just an amazing, wonderful soul. You sparkle! haha Thank you for all you did to make this happen. Corrine, Maline, Roy, Erin, Michele, Eric, Cam, Nichola and Andrea. Each of you made this trip so special for us. I consider each of you a friend and will charish what we all shared.

Love to you all.

Dave

Dave! I just LOVE you!!!

And here is another picture...Corrine and I embarking the beautiful ship, which is in the background....

post-4167-12990983457685_thumb.jpg

Glad u all had a superb time and are back safe & sound for Christmas :)

The photo's are brilliant ...

and Corrine I missed ya about !

xxxxxx

I had the time of my life. Really I did. Claire, I LOST 4 lbs. lol Go figure. Running those stairs (when not in heels) helped, as well as constantly walking around. You make me blush Claire. You are too sweet.

Dave, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the two of you as well. You are wonderful people.

I have pictures of the cruise: here is a link to a slideshow of my pictures. Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I have 3 professional ones as well that need to be scanned but I am still EXHAUSTED from the trip and a little sick. I've had uh, distress, since thursday night. (Montezuma's revenge??)

I can't wait till the next cruise! I know I will be ready for one in 2010. I already have 2 friends to bring along. lol

Forgot to add: THANK YOU SO MUCH TOONY! You are just too sweet. I love you girl! I really do. Check out my pictures. T-T is there in a lot of them. He was a naughty monkey. lol

Duckie! I love the pictures.... and TT, is he old enough to be drinking?? lol.. Thanks for sharing them with us.... you all look fabulous!

wow the cruise pictures are wonderful, very beautiful. Someday would love to make the trip.

Duckie-kins! I love your pics!! Looks like you had a blast!! You look awesome by the way...so thin..and toned....you don't look like you were ever heavy!! I see no loose skin!! Lucky you!!! Sorry you are sick...hope that goes away soon!! It's so funny to see pics of your guys in bathing suits/tank tops/etc. when we are here freezing!! I bet your in the ducksack already! Take care of yourself and get well soon! Love ya! xoxoxo

Fun pictures! I LOVE crusing. We are planning to go in June. I'll be 6 months post-op.

Claire - I want to thank you for putting the T-T Cruise together.

I had an amazing time. And freestyle with Norweigan Cruise Lines was absolutely THE best way to go. There was always something to suit everyone.

I'll miss everyone for sure - we shared some memorable times.

Wowzers wowzers wowserz!!! You all look so amazing, and look like you had a terrific time...I am so happy for you that you all were able to meet up for this trip!! Thanks for sharing the pix :)

Wow, you all look so happy and wonderful! :) I love all of the pictures, and I'm starting to look through Duckie's now....love the one of her kissing the stingray. :D

Did you have good weather? I love cruising in the winter time, and coming home with a tan. :P

I wish I could have went, but I burned too much vacation time this year going to pre-op appointments. :( Incidentally though, I just booked a cruise for next October on the same ship you guys went on. I got an awesome deal...$599 pp for a 14 night cruise. I can't wait!

Here is a link to a slideshow of some of my photos from the amazing cruise - the ruins are the Mayan city of Tulum on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico (Cozumel shore excursion)...

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Eric, those pictures are amazing! Next time I may have to check out the ruins. I just love you guys.

Thank you too for sharing your photos Eric. Everyone looks wonderful and so happy.

Wonderful pix! Tuluum is a really cool place. They are the only seaside ruins, and it's such a lovely spot. There are some really cool places to snorkel right by there as well--I believe the place is called Xel-Ha. There are some cool little grottos to snorkel in.

It looks like you all had a great time. I sure wish I could have joined you! Keep the pictures coming, they're great!