Christmas ideas/help for a 13 year old girl

AToM

Hopefully somebody out there has already been down this road and can offer some suggestions. Our friends have a 13 year old daughter that we always seem to struggle buying a gift for each year. Mrs Atom wants to stay away from clothing and jewelry and in the past it seems like we are always giving her either books or craft kits and would like to try a different direction. As the wife says - "something fun" any ideas in the $25- $30 range?

Thanks for any tips or suggestions

Hopefully somebody out there has already been down this road and can offer some suggestions. Our friends have a 13 year old daughter that we always seem to struggle buying a gift for each year. Mrs Atom wants to stay away from clothing and jewelry and in the past it seems like we are always giving her either books or craft kits and would like to try a different direction. As the wife says - "something fun" any ideas in the $25- $30 range?

Thanks for any tips or suggestions

n I have found that the teenagers I shop for love Getting Gift Cards. But if you go that route make sure its one of those Visa prepaid ones then she can shop anywere she wants to shop. I always wrapped it in the biggest box I can find so they had no Idea and they thought they were getting something huge.

My 15-year-old granddaughter got: Burger King coupons, Old Navy gift certificate, MaryKate and Ashley makeup from Wal-Mart (in the regular make-up department - MK & A do theirs by hair color), lip glosses. This year I will also SLURGE and probably get her a pair of Lucky jeans (clothes, I know).

Rose

I just bought this for my 12 year old nephew:

InVion 2 GB Pink MP3 Music/ Video/ Photo Player from Overstock.com

(We bought a blue one...) I don't know if she has an mp3 player, but this one holds 2 Gigs of memory and plays videos, all for $20. It got here in like 5 days.

Also...what about the Twilight books...all the kids are reading them...

-Mike

13years old wow let me think I was in the 7/8th grade, loved boys, pretended to be older then I really was, mom first started letting me hang at the mall without her.

HMMMM

Movie house gift card-so i didnt have to go to mom and dad for money to hang with the friends

Gift card to any of my favorite stores-Borders, Ross, Target, old navy

Starbucks gift card- that would really make me feel like an adult

Docking station alarm clock for my Ipod would have been something I would have loved if we had I pods then

depending on how well you know this girl -

music (iTunes gift cards are great - you can get them at Wal-Mart)

something to put makeup IN (makeup bag or organizer)

-- if she likes to write - a cool journal that says "I have SERIOUS thoughts" Borders and Barnes and Noble have good choices for that and, depending on the price of the journal - a pen to go with

-- if she likes to draw or is into art - art supplies from an art store (sketch pad, a set of pencils of different hardness, colored pencils as a set, oil or chalk pastels, etc etc etc - whatever she's into - getting it from an ART store implies how seriously you take her artwork)

-- if she's into digital pictures I saw a cool digital picture displayer that attaches to a keychain (at wal-mart in the electronics section) - she could upload pictures of her friends on it (size of a postage stamp - sort of)

if you're going to go the gift card route I would try to get one to a place or area she is interested in rather than a generic - ask her sister or mom what she's *into*

but, if that's too scary a risk at this point b/c you don't feel like you have a good enough read, the visa prepaid is good -and a note saying, pleasssssssse let us know what you're into b/c we're stumped!!

I think at that age the thing girls want the most is to be taken seriously by the adults in their lives and if you give her that as a gift (ie: knowing or asking her about what interests her the most) that is the best gift of all.

Just one more idea to consider - most teen/tween girls i know would love a mani/pedi. You could get her a gift certificate to a local nail place for a pedicure/manicure. If you do gifts for her mom you could consider doing the same thing for her and it would be a cool mother/daughter outing for them both. Just an idea.... OR the ultimate gift for any age...a big ole plate of Sims BBQ....(just kidding...haha...knew you'd appreciate some local NC humor.)