trish29

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

Hi TT!

I made it home last night from my 30th birthday trip to Argentina. WHEW! It was incredible! I had a blast...and now I'm 30! Its a new decade, I'm excited.

I also had my 6 month surgiversary while in Argentina. Needless to say, I wasn't perfect while traveling, but I did a damn good job and I felt so incredibly grateful for how far I've come and the tools and habits I've already formed.

So, I'm excited to TRY and catch up on you all. I took today off to regroup. I weigh 181, so I'll update the stats.

Pics of Argentina coming soon.... :-)

Trish

incredible story, happy birthday and how is your mom doing

incredible story, happy birthday and how is your mom doing

Hi..thanks for asking about my mom. She is doing OK.. :-) She quit smoking which was huge, especially since she lives with a smoker. That was her surgeons first hurdle for her. Now, she is just trying to lose the weight they want her to lose before they consider her for a surgery date. I tried to get her to do the pre-op diet, but because of her diabetes, she felt like her blood sugar would drop too low if she only had a shake for breakfast and lunch. So, shes added fruit. Then she has meat and veggies for dinner. I know she's cheating on occasion, but the fact that she is even talking about it regularly with me, is progress.

I also feel that losing my Dad 3 months ago was a huge wake up call for her. She saw, and is still seeing, how much it hurts me and my sister to know he is gone. I had a hard time last night, just talking to everyone about my trip and not being able to tell him about it. Its just really painful to know I don't get to share these things with him in person...although I know he was with me in spirit...

ANYWAY (as my eyes well up)...my Mom is doing well. I think I'll call her write now and check in on her day and tell her I love her. I don't know if I wrote this at the beginning, but the night before my surgery she took a before shot with me. So, maybe, just maybe, one day we will have a fabulous AFTER shot together :-)

Hi TT!

I made it home last night from my 30th birthday trip to Argentina. WHEW! It was incredible! I had a blast...and now I'm 30! Its a new decade, I'm excited.

I also had my 6 month surgiversary while in Argentina. Needless to say, I wasn't perfect while traveling, but I did a damn good job and I felt so incredibly grateful for how far I've come and the tools and habits I've already formed.

So, I'm excited to TRY and catch up on you all. I took today off to regroup. I weigh 181, so I'll update the stats.

Pics of Argentina coming soon.... :-)

Trish

Happy birthday Trish! Welcome home! Dont you love it when you come back through customs and the officer says "Welcome home, Sir!" (or ma'am) Great to hear of your adventures and that your mom is good.

30 years old now...hmmmm...you're 3 months younger than my daughter.

:: pats your head :: :D

Cant wait to see the pics, girl!

Trish you look great!!!!! wow the smiles in your pictures oooze more confidance. If I wasn't married and a dad of 3 I totally would ask you out!

Roooowwwwrrrrr! keep it up

Trish you look great!!!!! wow the smiles in your pictures oooze more confidance. If I wasn't married and a dad of 3 I totally would ask you out!

Roooowwwwrrrrr! keep it up

LOL, thanks! I'm hopin at this pace I can be married and a mama..to one, maybe two by the time I'm your age. We shall see how my thirties treat me! Thx again for checkin out the photos.

Yesterday was my 7 month surgi-versary.

I weighed in at 176, 5 more pounds down. I'm happy, but wondering why so SLOW, lol. I'm down to almost only a pound a week. I guess I should just be happy the number is still dropping.

I'm gonna work out hard next month and see what that does. I'm even toying with the idea of training for another marathon. I completed my last one at the age of 25, during my last year of law school, at about 190 lbs, finishing in 6 hrs, 28 mins. It'd be cool to do another one five years later and see how it goes??? I'll keep y'all posted if I decide to try it. I trained for the last one with AIDS Project L.A. and I raised over $4,000...so I had a lot of support and motivation then. Maybe I can find something similar locally...hmmmm...

Take care everyone :-)

Found out today I was awarded employee of the month for June :-) Things are going so well for me. I have to believe that my weightloss has given me confidence that is seeping into all areas of my life.

My office sends out an e-mail when you get this award, and it includes a picture from when you were hired. I begged them to take a new picture since I felt like I looked so different, and they did. AND WOW. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I am going to try to paste them in this thread, but not sure I can figure it all out tonight, I'll try tomorrow to do a before and after. IT IS CRAZY.

Needless to say, I love my post-WLS life :-)

All I can say is, thank you. You have inspired me! Why can't we all be good? I don't think I was a good fat person. But you know what? I can be a good Healthy person:)

I loved your story. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, so here are two pics taken from work.

The first is from June 2006 when I started my new job (I believe I weighed around 240).

The second is from yesterday when I was awarded employee of the month and they sent a picture and blurb out to everyone. June 1, 2009 at 174 lbs.

Lets not talk about how unfortunate my blonde highlights were.. :-(

post-7968-12990984158858_thumb.jpg

post-7968-12990984159576_thumb.jpg

All I can say is, thank you. You have inspired me! Why can't we all be good? I don't think I was a good fat person. But you know what? I can be a good Healthy person:)

I loved your story. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Elaina, my fellow October 08 stapler! Keep it up girlie, we can do it! :-)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - My WLS Story

That is a favorite quote of mine from Abe Lincoln. In almost every aspect of my life, I have been a good "one" (daughter, sister, friend, student, coworker). There is nothing that I have felt like I couldn't do and no one in my family has ever told me not to try something. I truly have no fear (contrary to all my whining). And now gastric bypass is the next huge step. And I know I'll be a good WLS patient. I know I'll be successful.

I am struggling on the pre-op diet, but the fact that I'm even on it is so incredibly exciting. I am ecstatic I made it to this point and I cannot wait for 10-20-08.

I cannot wait to beat a family legacy of obesity. I want my Mom to see me succeed and believe that she can do the same. I told her not to get the surgery four years ago because I was selfish and frightened about her possible death - I was short-sighted. Now, I am absolutely positive that the only way she will be there for me when I have babies is if she gets the surgery. And she needs to see me succeed to believe in herself.

I have accomplished a lot in life, from finishing grad school at 25, buying my own home, completing a full 26.2 marathon, traveling the world, to skydiving. All before 30! Getting a gastric bypass is one more step in my quest to really live a full, happy life. I've been overweight and fighting food since around 16, but I will admit, I was a good fat person. I was funny, easy to be around, self-deprecating, sometimes sassy and always dieting and working out. That is what I was and I was a good one. No more. I am me and I've got one body and one life, and I want it to be a good one. WLS is the decision I've made to get there.

So, this is my personal story thread and I can't wait to FILL IT UP (even if I'm the only one posting)!! Thanks to Dr. Callery for creating this website and allowing others to participate. I do believe TT has been a huge part of my experience thus far and I expect it to stay that way. I can't wait to be one/two/three years post op and reminiscing with the October 08 staplers. Lets do this together :-)

Thank you all!

- Trish

You are the one I was trying to remember that had that quote.

I've been following your story for a little while and I love to read what you put down, you are very inspiring. Congrats on being Employee of the Month! I was looking at your two work pics and wow- you look about 10 years younger!! You are so beautiful, and did I say what an inspiration you are??

I do have a curiosity question- have you had any problems with hair loss so far? I have fairly long hair, and I'm soooo not looking forward to losing a ton of it. Anyways, keep up the hard work- you look amazing!

Hi all - Checking in on my 8 month surgery anniversary :-)

I weighed 168 this morning - that's 8 lbs last month! YAY! I'm really happy with that. Granted, I have been horribly sick, not related to bypass thankfully.

Here's that thread...it was scary:

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/post-op-gastric-bypass/36414-help-me.html

But I still want to take some credit for that weightloss - I was definitely cutting out the crap and eating a lot more protein. And well, just eating more in general and I think that helped. And I've been drinking a ton of water, like 5 quarts while I've been sick, and I think that has helped.

Two more pounds and I will have lost 100 lbs. WOW. I feel amazing. I'm at the point where most people are still being positive, but some are starting to say "when are you gonna stop losing weight??" I know I want to lose more weight, so I'm just trying to focus on the positive.

In other news..I have a boyfriend :-) And he's 23!!! WOW. Happy 30th birthday to me! No, he's a great guy, we haven't had the talk, but I really like him and I'm excited about the time we are spending together and where this might go.

I hope you all are well. Apologies for my sporadic participation, but I am reading posts and watching your progress.

Here are a few pics from a recent birthday party I went to in L.A. I was so happy and feelin pretty hot :-) That was the day I had been admitted to the ER, so it is also one of my most proud rally nights, lol.

post-7968-12990984277687_thumb.jpg

post-7968-1299098427804_thumb.jpg

Well, two days after my 8 month surgi-versary, I reached 166!!!!

I've lost 100 lbs!!!!

I am sooooo super excited.

Although I forget what this is called? The Century Club? right???

Wow, so hard to wrap my mind around but I couldn't be happier.

My BMI is 26 - still overweight, but I am ohhhhhhh so close to normal :-)

THX all for your support along the way, I can't believe how fast this journey is going....

Congrats!!! How Exciting!!! And a new man to celebrate with too! Haha!! And I must say- you do look hot in those pics. You are a true success and I'm so happy for you!

I just wanted to make note that I spent an entire day at the lake today....

in a TWO- PIECE swimsuit. WOW.

I didn't even try to cover up the whole time. I played catch in my suit. I rode the tube and sat in the boat in my suit. I layed in my floatie for hours in the suit. A year ago I wouldn't have even gone to the lake.

I'm sooooooooo happy!

I'm also sunburned for showing SO much skin ALL day long, lol.

Hi all, just checkin in, been absent because I am busy and happy and loving life :-)

I spent last weekend at the lake on a houseboat. It was a blast. I was free and happy, floatin around in my two piece, 102 pounds less than I was last summer.

I have two new pics from last weekend and when I get home, I'll put a pic from last summer so you can see how ridiculous it is. I can't believe how happy I am now.... And yes, my trucker hat reads "It took me 40 years to look this good" LOL. hilarious.

Hope you all are enjoying the summer!

post-7968-12990984415817_thumb.jpg

post-7968-12990984416238_thumb.jpg

You look amazing- and I can ONLY imagine how great it must feel to be sporting a 2-piece in the summer on a lake in Cali! Congrats! :)

Well - today is 9 month surgi-versary. I still weigh 166. I'm not so, so jazzed about that, but looking back at last month I lost 8 lbs, so that's 10 in 2 months. Its funny how obsessed we can get with the numbers. I had hoped to lose more this month, but it was a busy month, I was off having fun, and maybe my body needed a break.

I feel like my food choices overall are still positive. I'm always thinking/talking/seeking protein. My water intake ebbs and flows. The one thing I can point to this month that I did not make a priority is exercise. SO, I guess that will be the goal. I'm going back to Muay Thai this week. I still feel a little PTSD about my ankle injury back in February, but I gotta get back on the wagon. And workin out is such a huge stress reliever for me.

My sister and I are having to deal with my Dad's house and possessions in the next few weeks. Needless to say, neither of us wants to do it. I certainly have anxiety. There are things of his that I'm sure I will take, but I wonder how long it will be until my first thought isn't "my Dad is dead" when I see something of his. I still have trouble scrolling through my cell phone - his number is still there, right below my bio Dad's number. Do you ever delete that? I don't know. I know I miss him and I am not looking forward to selling his house and dealing with everything. I'll need to be strong about what I put in my mouth when I'm going through that...

On a more positive note, the guy I am seeing is SO great. I really, really like him. That is FRIGHTENING. Is it possible to be incredibly scared and happy at the same time? We spend a ton of time together and it never feels forced....The words I'm always using to describe him are adorable, sweet, HOT. :-) It feels good to be in a relationship and more comfortable in my skin.

Well, that's all I got. Hope you all are well :-) I've been reading, but not posting as much....I'll make an effort this week!!

I guess this is struggling? I don't know. I'm so happy with my overall life right now, but I'm not losing any weight and I actually weighed 167 this morning. UGH. I've been exercising a lot more and I still feel my overall food choices are good, but I have let carbs slip back in and I have been having cocktails one or two nights a week. Can alcohol and carbs be the sole issue?

Anyway, it just feels like crap to not be losing when I feel so good and I'm having so much fun- does that make sense? I think I look okay, but I want to lose about 20 more. These are the hardest pounds to lose, right? I should've been prepared for this, right? I guess you never know how you'll react or feel until you are actually in THAT POSITION....

I am here. I am stuck. I am almost 10 months out. I need to regroup and refocus.

Trish-

I'm so new at this game compared to 10months out, but I've read on the forums that a lot of people find good success doing the 5 day pouch test deal. Basically go back to the beginning, and start over with liquids, softs, then solids again- try cutting out those carbs and give yourself a week or two with no alcohol. See how that makes a difference!

It's so good to hear that you are feeling great and are happy and enjoying your life! Isn't that the true goal of this surgery? To get our lives back?! Congrats on how far you've come. Maybe a little refocus will get you to your goal! I'm cheering for you!

Trish-

I'm so new at this game compared to 10months out, but I've read on the forums that a lot of people find good success doing the 5 day pouch test deal. Basically go back to the beginning, and start over with liquids, softs, then solids again- try cutting out those carbs and give yourself a week or two with no alcohol. See how that makes a difference!

It's so good to hear that you are feeling great and are happy and enjoying your life! Isn't that the true goal of this surgery? To get our lives back?! Congrats on how far you've come. Maybe a little refocus will get you to your goal! I'm cheering for you!

Thx so much for writing...it means a lot to have cheerleaders out there. I waw thinking about the pouch test...maybe its time :-) I'll keep you posted.

Trish,

You look so awesome! You are my inspiration. I started at about the same weight so maybe someday I can look like you. I will never be able to wear a two piece because I have had way too many surgeries and I am lot older so my skin will probably not be as elastic as your was, but I would be very happy to wear a nice one piece.

Congratulation!!!! You should be so proud!