1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped

2 tablespoons dark Asian sesame oil

3 tablespoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon hoisin sauce

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1 package (16 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix

1/4 cup beef broth

Combine chicken, 2 cloves of garlic, green onions, 2 teaspoons ginger, half of the water chestnuts, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, hoisin sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium- size bowl. Shape into patties.

Heat remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant thermometer. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.

Add the remaining garlic, water chestnuts, soy sauce and salt to the skillet, along with the coleslaw mix. Cook over medium-high heat 7 minutes. Add broth, cover and cook 3 minutes or until tender. Serve slaw alongside patties.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information for each serving:

Calories: 344

Protein: 32 g

Carbohydrates: 5 g

This sounds really good! Instead of using ground chicken, I just bought a fam pack of boneless/skinless breasts. I believe I'll cut them into bite sized pieces and take it from there. The slaw mix sounds wonderful since we aren't able to eat rice so well. There are a lot of my favorite flavors in this recipe. Thanks, Beth!!

Glad you appreciated it. I thought it sounded awesome too. I haven't made it yet but certainly have it on my list of meals for next week. If any of you try it before then let me know how you liked it.

And Donna, I think just using chicken breasts would be good too. Just do like a stir-fry instead of the patties. :D