Dvldog760

New and Approved!

I am new the to forum and recently approved for WLS. My surgeon will be Dr. Suh. I have been to a seminar and sone support group meetings and will be meeting my surgeon on Aug. 28th. From the seminar and support group meeting it sounds as if I have all my preliminaries done by then I could be looking at a surgery date within two to three weeks of that appointment. Having been trolling these forums for several weeks I feel I have been getting to know so many of you and I have been very inspired and educated by your posts.

For me the scariest part isnt the surgery or the weight loss but the excess skin issues afterwards. I have looked into it and my insurance will cover that removal if I lose over 100lbs and keep it off I believe it said six months.

With all that said I will add that I am a 42 year old, divorced, father of three wonderful children who will soon have a healthier happier Dad in their lives.

I am looking forward the sharing this journey with all of you and continuing to be part of all of yours.:)

932229luqt6pxbwm.gif

Just wanted to welcome you to TT. This is a great place to be. Can't wait to follow your journey.--YF, Lisa

Hi and Welcome! I am still new here but so far I love this place. I hope your get your date soon after your doctors appointment. My office works the same way, once you met with the surgeon it's soon after that.

I am also worried about excess skin but once I get rid of this weight I will find away to have to removed. lol

I'll see you around the boards. :)

Sending a big welcome from WA.

I had WLS almost a year ago and at 52, I was under no illusion that my skin was going to be good to me.

I'm now less than half the weight I was and yep! I have some wrinkly, lose skin but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

:cool: Hi......

welcome to another 'hunk' ..

that is great, we gals

like having you hunks on board!!! Good luck!!

I think my surgery will be in Nov. w/

Dr. Kahlili at Cedars Siani L.A.

Jacqueline

469367makfzcur9b.gif

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Hello and welcome! Sounds like you are getting well educated and doing the right things so far. I know we have other people on the Forum who have your same surgeon. Good luck to you on your journey :)

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. This seems like a great place for advice, support, and friendships. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Interesting ... someone told me something about the 28th being the luckiest day of the month. ((wondering why that's stuck in my head))

Best wishes to you Mr. Devil ... the 28th might be a little hard at times ... but I'm sure will be a huge release as well.

Take care and please, keep us posted :D

Welcome aboard. I know this forum got me through some really tough times and a lot of great laughs when I was down. There will be a lot of ups and downs here, but we are all right there with you....

Hubba, Huba. Another hottie joining us on the bench soon....

(Uh, can he sit next to me....???):P

Ahhh thank you for the compliment.

I have already found this site to be a great place for info, support and friends. I am really looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you and getting all your great insights to what I will be going through.

With all that said I will add that I am a 42 year old, divorced, father of three wonderful children who will soon have a healthier happier Dad in their lives.
uh oh Julie's got some competition :)

congrats.. im starting to feel like im the only one that has to go through a 6 month program :(

Greetings BuCwiLd,

I know it seems like forever (the six months) but that's actually pretty much the norm by most insurance companies from a lot of the posts I've read.

I was told by my doctor that more and more surgeries are now being approved by insurance companies than say, three years ago.

She thought a lot of that had to do with the mortality rate going down dramatically and also the 'fear' by insurance companies about the possibility of getting sued later on by people that they turn down if severe forms of diabetes and hypertension develop in people turned down for the surgery.

It's a hard wait...investing all the time, effort and emotional energy (not to mention money) when you feel like there are no guarantees that in the end you'll be approved.

Just hang in there- keep in mind the six months are going to pass whether you are working toward getting the surgery approved by the insurance company or not-might as well have a goal like working toward getting the surgery.

I know it may come across that I'm just handing out platitudes, etc., but I've been EXACTLY where you are right now....I'd hazard to guess that most of the people on this board have as well. Work on changing habbits (eating fast, emotional eating, addiction to carbonated drinks, binging, etc.)...it WILL make a difference to those that document your efforts and your 'worthiness' to the insurance company.

GOOD LUCK!!!