Carolyn

Hi...I'm new! Just found you today!

Hi everyone! Well I am new here and so glad to have found some people to talk to. I am planning on RNY surgery soon, waiting for my date, just had my psych evaluation today and she said she is recommending me for surgery, I will meet my nutritionist next week. Hopefully having surgery by August or September...and I am scared but excited! I'm a Mom of two beautiful baby girls, 4 months and 3 years old and I want to be here for them and my wonderful husband of 14 years. I attend a support meeting once a month that my doctors office offers and it's wonderful! But I'm glad to be here so I can reaffirm my decision daily by reading your wonderful success stories.

Carolyn

Current weight 313

BMI: 51

Hi,

So glad you have made this decision, i am in a similar situation, mum of 2 and wanting to be fit for them and my hubby so i am very excited about my forthcoming WLS journey.

Keep intouch.

Luv Noonie X

Welcome, I am in the same boat with you, just waiting for the date of surgery. Hopefully this summer. I only wish I would have done it at your age. Good luck Deb:)

Thank you all for making me feel welcome! I'm so excited about our futures! Imagine being normal sized? Fitting in an airplane seat? Buying cute clothes again and being so much more healthy. I feel like I'm in prison in my body right now and have felt that way for about 10 years....it's time for us to get out of these bodies and back into our "real" ones! yay! :D

Carolyn

current: 313

goal: 160

surgery date: coming this summer to a surgical room near you! haha...

Welcome ........ Hope that all goes well for you . I was the same way before my surgery in Jan 08 ..... was scared but yet excited ... I just kept thinking about all the good things and the Idea of being around a long time for my beautiful daughters ......I have to say besides having my girls this was the best decision ive ever made in my life ......Good Luck and Take care

Rachal

weight.png

Edited by Rach

Hi everyone! Wow I am so happy to have so many responses! I think sometimes as obese people we feel alone in things, it's so nice to know that we're not! Toony asked what part of the country I was in...I am in Boise Idaho! We just moved here a year ago from Stockton, California. I began my research and journey there and I found the process difficult in California, the girl at my dr.'s office was quite rude about the whole thing, he tried to discourage me actually from doing it at all and then his assistant just kept saying, "this will take over a year, we'll call YOU when we have more information for you" I was not a happy camper....BUT I ended up getting pregnant and then we had an awesome opportunity to move to Boise where my husband grew up, now I'm a stay at home Mom and he works from home so the whole family is together, in Calif we both worked full time outside the home and our daughter was in daycare all day. So I re-started my process after my second daughter was born and I'll tell you the difference is like night and day. The Dr.'s office here is AWESOME...Dr. Oakley and his staff are to be commended for how they treat you and your obesity issues! They are like angels! I think everything happens for a reason...I love it here in Boise but I had to leave behind so many friends in Calif....thank goodness for email! We all still keep in touch and they are all so excited for me, none of them have ever seen me as a thin person so I'm SUPER excited to fly back "home" to see everyone later this year.....well I've rambled enough, just wanted to let you guys get to know "me"!

I hope everyone has a superb day and a great weekend!

Hugs, Carolyn;)

Edited by Carolyn
misspelled a name

Sounds like your move to Idaho has been AMAZING for you and you family! Change is hard, but sometimes worth every bit of it!

Great to hear your story --- and by the way, congrats on the New Baby!!!

Katie

Welcome ........ Hope that all goes well for you . I was the same way before my surgery in Jan 08 ..... was scared but yet excited ... I just kept thinking about all the good things and the Idea of being around a long time for my beautiful daughters ......I have to say besides having my girls this was the best decision ive ever made in my life ......Good Luck and Take care

Rachal

Thank you so much, it's great to hear how happy you are with the decision, as we both know, it's a huge thing to take on....I can't wait! Keep up your good work!

Take care, Carolyn

Sounds like your move to Idaho has been AMAZING for you and you family! Change is hard, but sometimes worth every bit of it!

Great to hear your story --- and by the way, congrats on the New Baby!!!

Katie

Thank you! It has been amazing...especially since we suffered from infertility for 10 years! Along with the obesity I have PCOS so it makes it tough to get preggers....I lost my Mom and 2 weeks later I became pregnant....she sent a gift from Heaven! Then another one! Wow...we have been so blessed, that's why it became so clear to me that I needed to do something big about my weight....we pray to God for help...but you have to make sure you are listening for his answers! haha...

Take care!

Carolyn

Hi,

So glad you have made this decision, i am in a similar situation, mum of 2 and wanting to be fit for them and my hubby so i am very excited about my forthcoming WLS journey.

Keep intouch.

Luv Noonie X

hi there! Isn't that so true...we'd do anything for our babies! You are in Ireland? Wow! It looks so pretty there in pictures, I would love to go there someday....I've never been out of the country....well maybe someday when I fit in the airline seats better! yay!

Good luck and have a great weekend from Boise, Idaho!

Carolyn

Welcome to the TT family... I can tell that you already love it hear as much as I do. Everyone is so wonderful and helpful. All you have to do is reach out and others will respond. Congrats on your decision to help yourself to get healthy.. I am 3 weeks out and feel so much better is such a short amount of time. Keep us updated..

Hugz,

Tina :)

Welcome to the TT family... I can tell that you already love it hear as much as I do. Everyone is so wonderful and helpful. All you have to do is reach out and others will respond. Congrats on your decision to help yourself to get healthy.. I am 3 weeks out and feel so much better is such a short amount of time. Keep us updated..

Hugz,

Tina :)

Wow! 3 weeks and you already feel good! Congratulations....I am getting more excited about it the more I talk to you guys....what a blessing that there is something to finally help those of us that need it! Can't wait to take my life back...one pound at a time! haha...keep up the good work and I'll be watching your progress..you can do it!

Hugs, Carolyn

Than

k you Carolyn... I know I can do it now that I have the tool. I went to the Dr. today and I got weighed. I am down 23 lbs in only 3 weeks time... I was hoping for 20 and I mean hoping, but to have it 23 was so amazing... I think the best advice I could give you is to stay away from the scale at home. Don't weigh yourself instead take your measurements and take photos each month to see your progress. Also, write down on a card why you are doing this for yourself and carry it with you all the time. Don't forget to list your wow moments because they are important. I was told all of this by my mentor on here and she has lots of wisdom. You don't want to become a slave to your scale and let it rule you. You will be able to see your progress through the photos, measurements, and your clothes... This way you don't get depressed because you might be on a plataue but still losing inches.. Please take this advice sweetheart...

Hugz,

Tina...

Than

k you Carolyn... I know I can do it now that I have the tool. I went to the Dr. today and I got weighed. I am down 23 lbs in only 3 weeks time... I was hoping for 20 and I mean hoping, but to have it 23 was so amazing... I think the best advice I could give you is to stay away from the scale at home. Don't weigh yourself instead take your measurements and take photos each month to see your progress. Also, write down on a card why you are doing this for yourself and carry it with you all the time. Don't forget to list your wow moments because they are important. I was told all of this by my mentor on here and she has lots of wisdom. You don't want to become a slave to your scale and let it rule you. You will be able to see your progress through the photos, measurements, and your clothes... This way you don't get depressed because you might be on a plataue but still losing inches.. Please take this advice sweetheart...

Hugz,

Tina...

Thank you for all the great tips! That is great advice..because you guessed me right..when dieting I practically LIVE on the scale haha...I like the advice about the carrying the card, I'm gonna start working on that very soon. 23 pounds in 3 weeks? WOW! That's awesome! You are doing a great job - and becoming an inspiration at the same time....keep up the great job......and where is Orcutt Calif? I used to live in Stockton which is about 45 mintues south of Sacramento.

Hugs and have a great weekend!

carolyn

Well yes Ireland is a beautiful place but unfortunately we do not get the weather so that can be a bit miserable and make beautiful things look gloomy.:(

So glad you are enjoying the site as i am its great.....:D

Keep us posted

Luv Noonie X

Haha...I'm one of those that LOVES rainy cloudy weather, I'm so fair skinned that the sun just kills me, aaahhh I love a rainy day. My hubby loves the sun! go figure! I'm into genealogy and we laugh that because I'm "all the white European races" I prefer cooler weather, my hubby is half Mexican and half Italian, he gets dark just by looking at the sun! Oh well....Enjoy your day....it's sunny and 69 degrees in Boise Idaho today.

Peace, Carolyn

Ah well you would love Ireland then and guess your hubby would be pretty miserable. How i wish it was 69 degrees here, its meant to be summer and it has rained all day with quite high winds....:(

Ah well couldnt leave here so i guess there is some things in life not worth changing.;)

Luv Noonie X

Ah well you would love Ireland then and guess your hubby would be pretty miserable. How i wish it was 69 degrees here, its meant to be summer and it has rained all day with quite high winds....:(

Ah well couldnt leave here so i guess there is some things in life not worth changing.;)

Luv Noonie X

haha! Yes that is true, it's like that old 1960's song..."love the one you're with!" haha...I wish it were still 69 here....it turned out a hot 96!~dang!

Talk more later....Carolyn

Thank you for telling me I am an inspiration for you... That warms my heart deeply... Orcutt is a little over an hour drive north of Santa Barbara on the coast. I live about 6 1/2 hours drive towards the coast from Sacramento so I live quite a way aways from you. I think I went through Stockton to get to Sacramento, but not sure... Do take care and God Bless.

Thinking of you,

Tina... :)

Thank you for telling me I am an inspiration for you... That warms my heart deeply... Orcutt is a little over an hour drive north of Santa Barbara on the coast. I live about 6 1/2 hours drive towards the coast from Sacramento so I live quite a way aways from you. I think I went through Stockton to get to Sacramento, but not sure... Do take care and God Bless.

Thinking of you,

Tina... :)

Wow..you live by the coast, how wonderful, that's a dream of mine someday! Living in Stockton we were pretty far from the ocean...at least a 2 hour drive, but now living in Boise, well that's a major trip, lots of people here go for vacation to the Oregon coast. Let me know how your progress goes and keep the faith...and a weird question for you, am I NUTS for making a mental list of the foods I want to eat before my surgery? I know that might sound weird, but I've always been a "foodie"!!! I'm really gonna miss some of those things but I know being healthy and thinner will be a greater reward. Okay by for now!

Carolyn

I'm in the very early stages of researching and deciding if this will be a good decision for me. I just received the letter from the Baratric Clinic saying I was accepted now I have to go through the process. I'm trying to find ladies my size that have had the surgery and I can ask questions and get information from. If anyone can help email me or send message please.:confused: