THIN4TWINS

"Marry Me" Chicken Casserole (or Lemon Poppyseed Chicken Casserole)

My husband said that this recipe was what convinced him to marry me. I made it again last night, with a few modifications to make it a little healthier, and it was yummy (very pouch friendly!).

1 can Healthy Request or 98% fat free Cream of Chicken Soup

1 container (8 oz) reduced fat or fat free sour cream

2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning (or to taste)

2 to 3 tbsp Poppyseeds

2 cooked, cubed boneless chicken breasts. (About 2 to 2 1/2 cups)

1 sleeve Ritz or Townhouse crackers (crushed)

2 to 4 Tbsp melted butter, margarine or butter substitute

Mix first four ingredients in bowl until well blended. Mix in chicken. Place in small casserole dish (9x9 or smaller). Top with crushed crackers. Melt butter and pour over the crackers. Top with dusting of poppyseeds (optional).

Place in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.

You can also double the recipe for more servings! Happy eating! :)

This sounds really good Amy. Just an idea to make it a bit more healthier, try using Fage or Oikos greek yogurt instead of the LF or FF sour cream. The 2% variety tastes almost exactly like full fat sour cream, and the entire container has only 130 calories, and either 3 or 4 grams of fat (going from memory, can't remember exactly).

This sounds really good Amy. Just an idea to make it a bit more healthier, try using Fage or Oikos greek yogurt instead of the LF or FF sour cream. The 2% variety tastes almost exactly like full fat sour cream, and the entire container has only 130 calories, and either 3 or 4 grams of fat (going from memory, can't remember exactly).

It also has 17 grams of protein!! I often use it in place of sour cream. I love the stuff!

It also has 17 grams of protein!! I often use it in place of sour cream. I love the stuff!

Oh gosh, how could I forget that important part! That's why I started eating the stuff to begin with, lol. Funny enough, I'm still pre-op, and I'm worrying about my protein intake already....but now my nails are longer than they've been in years. I probably have all of that glorious protein to thank for that. :)

BTW, the 0% greek yogurt has even more protein...I think 22 grams. I like the taste of the 2% kind better though...probably because it has a bit of fat in it.