Where are the Okie's?

CiCi

Unfortunately, it's usually no good..;-)

I don't post much except to try to be supportive, I'm apparently one of the lucky ones who hasn't had any "real" issues...which in and of it's self is scary...I seem to be able to eat and drink anything without problems...so I will have to be vigilent...

D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wasn't born an Okie but I live here as of right now. I just got my surgery done two weeks ago down in W. Falls.

How are you doing?

Edited by armywife456
for me to know, hehe :D

My daddy was an Okie. I used to live in Oklahoma (Laverne and Buffalo). My youngest son was born in OKC. Did you all do the mashed potato, noodles and gravy thing? I'd never heard of doing that until I moved to OK.

No, I sure haven't done the mashed potato, noodle and gravy thing but right now that sounds YUMMY! LOL

Not sure if I like it here yet, I mean I LOVE the people, so very nice, and I LOVE the weather, just not when its muggy! I just miss my friends and family back home (WA).

Where are you from originally, armywife? Yes, the ppl in OK are great and I have a lot of wonderful memories of living there. I keep thinking I should move back. I have a lot of ties to the state..and it is way cheaper to live back there!

ahh, i see now...washington.. yes, very different!

Edited by RebeccaNV

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I live in Miami Oklahoma, I was born and raised in Missouri but moved to Miami 13 years ago. I am a pre op gastric bypass person, my surgery is April 21st, I am 7 days into my 10 day liquid diet, lost 16 pounds this week, yeah.

So, hello to all the other Oklahoma people!!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sandy here, Miami Oklahoma, loved here for almost 13 years now, was born and raised in Joplin Missouri ( about a 20 minute drive from Miami).

7 days post op and 22 pounds lighter from the beginning of my 10 day pre op liquid diet.

Hello to all my fellow Oklahoma losers!!! :D

Sandy here, Miami Oklahoma, loved here for almost 13 years now, was born and raised in Joplin Missouri ( about a 20 minute drive from Miami).

7 days post op and 22 pounds lighter from the beginning of my 10 day pre op liquid diet.

Hello to all my fellow Oklahoma losers!!! :D

Still on the Lortab Elixer and forgot I had already responded to this, giggle, shooo this medicaton is kicking my buttom!!!! and the pain Thank Goodness.:confused:

• 2 months later...
Proud of are state.

Raised in Broken Arrow and moved her 30yrs ago.

Getting ready to have the sleeve done in Edmond.

Just part of my journey of life.:D

Good to see other Okies on board.

We need to change the laws here in Oklahoma. Thats why there not many doctors doing this WLS in are state.

Best of luck to you on your sleeve! Tell us how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

I am about to begin my journey! I have the first seminar August 19th, and I am determined to do this. My regular doctor is on board, and we've been trying everything under the sun since I moved here 3 years ago. I'm going to see Dr. Keith in Norman, he's done 3 of my coworkers surgeries, and they are all very happy. Maybe some of us sexy women can get together (in person or online) and get a lil support group going, I know I'll need a walking buddy! I have tons of questions on things like protein supplements and vitamins and how/when to eat/drink everything. I hate going into a doctors visit and having not done any research at all, even if its just a cold. I am just one of those people that have to know everything about everything.

I wish you all well!