bridgetgirl

? of the week 4/4/05

Here we go:

What thought or sentiment would you like to put into one million fortune cookies?

Mine would be one of 2 things, I have said them here before and I will say them again, " The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you YOU love, well thats just fabulous. " - Carrie Sex and the City

and the one Dale shared with everybody: (I just love it)

The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you

Mine would have to be one of two things as well.

Live today like it's your last. Never forget to tell the ones you love just how much they mean to you.

The other would be Never forget who you truely are and make sure you make you happy everyday you live.

Love one another, treat one another as you would like to be treated.

Bridget-that's a lot of words to fit on a little strip of paper!

I get my inspiration from music usually. Here is what I would put,"Life's A Journey, Not A Destination." It's from an Aerosmith song. I know it's kind of corny, but that's the way I look at my life and that one little phrase has gotten me through a whole lot. I even have that as my screen saver. thanks for the good question, Bridget! :)

"He who sit on tack will rise in life!"

Just kidding! I wouldn't use that. Umm...like many people, it's hard to find just one thing to put into a million fortune cookies.

How about, "I LOVE Bill Doom!" :D

The funny one first:

"Confucious say he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger." (my husbands favorite to repeat every time we ever went out for chinese)

And the serious:

And a quote from Mud, said at a support group meeting when speaking about our faults... my favorite. "You don't have to conquer it, you only have to recognize it and learn to live beside it."

~gloria

Irela~ I like the one about sitting on the tack! LOL

Bridget~ of course I am partial to the one you posted that I posted before. I just love it and happy you love it, too.

Gloria~ Great avatar! Nice to see you posting again.

"Confucious say he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
Gloria:

You can tell my ridiculous sense of humor with that one...I laughed my a$$ off! :D Good one.

It's great to see you posting again. Don't be a stranger.

Gloria,

I swear I was going to put that exact phrase on here before I read your post.

Ok, I guess my favorite was said at mybest friends sister's wedding in 1988 by their uncle on the video tape:

Keep your pants around your ankles and a smile on your face. :P

I will go with:

Live For The Moment!

Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative in the same night. :P
My poor, poor Christina:

Holy hamhocks, Batman...was that you?!?! :eek: You poor baby! I'm so sorry, but I just laughed my a$$ off! :P Those are DEFINITELY words to live by! :o

Christina:

Oh, lord...I have the most bizarre sense of humor. I love sarcasm and bathroom humor. It's really ridiculous...I could easily be a 13-year old boy! When someone falls down, I laugh--I can't help myself. Some of my favorite funny movies are "Something About Mary" and "Dumb and Dumber." Think of the bathroom humor in those! :rolleyes:

I think I developed my humor growing up in the CHAOS called my home. :eek: It definitely anesthesized me for life with all its cruelty. On the outside, nothing shakes me. On the inside....now, that's another story. And I wonder why I have an eating problem?!?!! :rolleyes: LOL

Oh well, party on, Garth!

Love ya, girlfriend. :P

I knew I loved you for a reason.. we'll have to get together and watch Dumb and Dumber together.. that is one of my favorite movies!!!!! :D

Oh man we're gonna have to have a girls night.. too bad we didn't live in the snow.. I used to sit outside the subway in Boston and just wait for people to slip and fall down the stairs.. :rolleyes: I know I'm bad.. I wouldn't laugh if they got hurt though.. I Swear.. that's not funny. But I like to watch people slip and trip and when they fall on their butt.. forget it.. I am done!! :P

He who stands on toilet, high on pot.

I love to get fortune cookies. I dont like the cookie just the sayings inside.

here are my top three.(well my top one would be I love Irela.) :D

So number two

A relationship is the opportunity to do something you hate with someone you love

number three

It's ok to let a fool kiss you, but don't let a kiss fool you

number four

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction

:cool:

"He who laugh last, must not get joke"

I knew I loved you for a reason.. we'll have to get together and watch Dumb and Dumber together.. that is one of my favorite movies!!!!! :D

Oh man we're gonna have to have a girls night.. too bad we didn't live in the snow.. I used to sit outside the subway in Boston and just wait for people to slip and fall down the stairs.. :rolleyes: I know I'm bad.. I wouldn't laugh if they got hurt though.. I Swear.. that's not funny. But I like to watch people slip and trip and when they fall on their butt.. forget it.. I am done!! :P

I can't believe it!

You would wait for people to slip and fall down the stairs! That's HORRIBLE! I don't know if it's AS horrible as the fact that it's making me laugh out loud!

Oh man, which is worse?

That's soooo funny, though! It seems so contradictory to the normally sweet, nurturing, supportive, loving person that we see posting under your name.

Now we know the truth. It's all just a LiE! :P

Hahahahaha...makes me wanna move to Boston...I'll tell ya that much!

Mike,

I am a Gemini what can I say.. it's my OTHER personality.. hehe

So you want to move to Boston to get far away from a sicko like me or just to kind of watch the people slip and fall?? ;)

Come on most of us people get a good laugh at others expense and it's only fitting.. plenty of people have had PLENTY of laughs at OUR expense our whole lives.. about time we get ours.. lol :rolleyes:

Christina,

You made me laugh. I remember as a kid in Kansas City sitting in the car waiting for my parents to come out of a store. It was really icy and this very dignified looking man carrying a briefcase slipped and in order not to land on his butt, kicked his leg up over his head, almost did the splits vertically. I thought I was going to die laughing, and I snicker even today when I remember it in my mind.