sliesnake

King Size Direct

I used to buy a lot of my clothes through king size direct or through the old casual male. I know KSD sells a few of these male support undergarments.

I always wondered about the male "girdles". I am getting the loose skin syndrome, but I don't think I would wear a girdle. I do wear compression shorts though, and it does make my things better, especially when I run.

I wonder if any guys wear them or have worn them?

I haven't lost enough to consider a "mirdle" yet, though I do wear the Under Armour compression shorts when I'm exercising and find that they are just right for me. I will probably continue to wear these right up to the point I have the excess skin removed.

hmmmm. girdles=women......boydles=men? I'm just sayin....:P

i love it!! lol!

boydles???you have too much time on your hands Donna!!!

I wear compression shorts to work out in - my Mirdle. Thye are great.. Underarmour makes a 2x and 3x. no need for KSD. I wear the 2X just fine right now. XL in the near future.

I wear spandex shorts under my exercise shorts to keep the jiggling under control on my thighs. I also found compression shirts at Wal-Mart very cheap. I wear them when exercising too. I don't think I could wear them when I was not exercising, though. Seems it would be uncomfortable for daily wear. Maybe I'll try it this weekend to see.

As for the boydle...just not sure. I'm more embarrassed by the excess chest skin than the abdomen, so if I pulled in the abdomen, it would probably make the chest skin look worse.

I was a regular customer of Casual Male. Great store. It was one place where I did not feel freakishly big. Sure is nice to not feel that way anywhere now! :)

-Mike-

PORSHH - Question, you said you had plastics. Just curious as to what you had done. I see that you are young...my husband (31) just had surgery 2 weeks ago (2/9/2011). His doctor told him that if he works out and drinks plenty of water he won't have to worry about the loose skin. We have put some money aside incase he does need it. Just curious as to what you had, since you are young and felt that you needed it. If it's too personal just let me know. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Jaders

I am all for it. I have lots of lose skin and it's the only thing that keeps it from flopping around when I run and work out. They also make Spanks for men but I think they call them something else.

I think it's a great idea!

PORSHH - Question, you said you had plastics. Just curious as to what you had done. I see that you are young...my husband (31) just had surgery 2 weeks ago (2/9/2011). His doctor told him that if he works out and drinks plenty of water he won't have to worry about the loose skin. We have put some money aside incase he does need it. Just curious as to what you had, since you are young and felt that you needed it. If it's too personal just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jaders

I think your doctor is selling him a pipe dream. Loose skin is a fact of being morbidly obease. What's your husbands starting weight and height? What is his history with exercise? Was he ever a athlete or heavy in the gym pre weight gain?

I have to imagine that I am the cinderelle story when it comes to ideal post op. I used to play sports as a child and grew up thin(gained weight from 13years onward), I gained the last and most devastating pounds within 12 months pre surgery(from 375lbs to 440lbs). I did nothing but, eat perfectly and workout like a madman during my weight loss journey furiously tracking every piece of vital info. I then had two procedures performed a tummy tuck and a thigh lift. After proper healing and I got my drains removed I started heavy in the gym with weights and lifting and gained another 12lbs of solid muscle on my frame, and guess what?

I STILL have loose skin.

Here is a before and a after.

9.jpg

10.jpg

This is at 203lbs and around 9%BF

11-30-07back.jpg

11-30-07leg.jpg

In conclusion? Hell yes your hubby is going to have loose skin. How much will greatly depend on several key factors and what he chooses to do about it. None the less even with all the effort I put into myself if I still have some, I can only imagine what it's like for others without the weights, and without the plastic surgery.

*edit*

Below are the other pictures. There is a limit on 4 images per post. Sorry

My main scar at that time

11-20-07.jpg

These next two shots are to show multiple years later AFTER plastics and what I look like today. To be fair it's much much easier to control the skin up top because, I can just pile on muscle and push it out to help tighten it up. However in areas where that is impossible, say like my waist it's much harder.

IMG_0161.jpg

This is what my stomach looks like without flexing

c983e54c.jpg

My apologies to anyone offended by the thread derailment. Lot's of people have ideas about skin and plastics and what they can and can't do with their body pre op and post op. Trust me I've been there done that and back again. It sucks but, loose skin is just a fact of life for people like us. Thankgod gina loves me for me and the skin doesn't bother her much. She is a lovely women and I imagine you to feel the same about your hubby. Just let him know that you love him regardless of the skin and if he chooses to cut it off and workout or not you'll be there for him. All the best.

Edited by porshh951

Thank you so much for your reply. I think you are right in the fact that the doc was selling him a pipe dream. The reality is that it doesn't really matter as long as he is healthy and that is what I want most.

My husband is 6'7", so he is quite tall. He was at 411# 3 weeks before surgery and then got down to 385# the day of surgery. We are just 2 weeks out and he is at 369 :) He was always an athlete, he played a lot of football and basketball. He was always a "bigger" guy but in the last 5 years he put on 100#. He has every intention of going to the gym once he looses some initial weight, that is a huge motivator for him, he used to love working out. It probably doesn't hurt that I am a gym rat and am there every night or morning. He looks forward to being able to go back to the gym again and working out. Plus I like to play basketball too so that is an activity that we haven't done together in a few years.

I believe that he is going to be active, especially since over the last 3 years he has been left in the dust because I can't stop being active. I love to hike, bike and run. I don't think I will get him to run marathons with me but he does look forward to mountain bike riding. blah blah bah... can you tell I am excited about him joining me with all of the activities. :)

I will make sure we continue to put some money aside for the additional surgeries as I know he will want to do what he can once he loses the weight. He used to be very into his appearance and I think that disappeared a bit once he gained more and more weight.

It is an exciting new adventure and I am thankful to have everyone on TT to ask these questions to.

Thanks so much, I appreciate all your inpute!

Thank you so much for your reply. I think you are right in the fact that the doc was selling him a pipe dream. The reality is that it doesn't really matter as long as he is healthy and that is what I want most.

My husband is 6'7", so he is quite tall. He was at 411# 3 weeks before surgery and then got down to 385# the day of surgery. We are just 2 weeks out and he is at 369 :) He was always an athlete, he played a lot of football and basketball. He was always a "bigger" guy but in the last 5 years he put on 100#. He has every intention of going to the gym once he looses some initial weight, that is a huge motivator for him, he used to love working out. It probably doesn't hurt that I am a gym rat and am there every night or morning. He looks forward to being able to go back to the gym again and working out. Plus I like to play basketball too so that is an activity that we haven't done together in a few years.

I believe that he is going to be active, especially since over the last 3 years he has been left in the dust because I can't stop being active. I love to hike, bike and run. I don't think I will get him to run marathons with me but he does look forward to mountain bike riding. blah blah bah... can you tell I am excited about him joining me with all of the activities. :)

I will make sure we continue to put some money aside for the additional surgeries as I know he will want to do what he can once he loses the weight. He used to be very into his appearance and I think that disappeared a bit once he gained more and more weight.

It is an exciting new adventure and I am thankful to have everyone on TT to ask these questions to.

Thanks so much, I appreciate all your inpute!

Honestly, you sound like a freggin' awesome woman. My wife is also very active and it's lovely to have that in common. I ran a average of 50-70 miles a week during my weight loss and she was big into cycling/running as well. He sounds like he is seriously motivated and ready to get back to the good stuff. You guys will have a lot of fun together being active and looking your best. It certainly does wonders for the relationship. He is very very lucky to have someone so supportive next to his side that also will share such a active role in his new way of living.

Best of luck to you guys. Pm me updates when you get em':cool:

Honestly, you sound like a freggin' awesome woman. My wife is also very active and it's lovely to have that in common. I ran a average of 50-70 miles a week during my weight loss and she was big into cycling/running as well. He sounds like he is seriously motivated and ready to get back to the good stuff. You guys will have a lot of fun together being active and looking your best. It certainly does wonders for the relationship. He is very very lucky to have someone so supportive next to his side that also will share such a active role in his new way of living.

Best of luck to you guys. Pm me updates when you get em':cool:

How tall are you? Did you pay for the plastic surgery yourself? If so, what'd it cost to get done what you had done? I think you look fantastic considering you were once 440 lbs.

Gives me a glimmer of hope.

Edited by ChangedGuy