watergirl

Surfs up!

OK so I did it. I went and bought a new suit. I was with Michelle. I went into the chaning room, and opened the door, and she was like WOW that looks great. Hello ME looking great in a bathing suit. :eek: What the heck is going on?? :confused: I trust her opinion, and I know that if it didn't look good she would tell me. We weill see if I cover it up with a t-shirt when we go to the beach on the 16th.

Jeanie~

This is so cool. Isn't it fun being able to wear a bathing suit again? I bought one a month ago that I think is so cool and I think of covering up with a T-shirt, too. What is wrong with us? We can wear the suit without a t-shirt. I will, if you do. Let's make it a goal to go out with just our swimsuits on. I am thrilled for you Jeanie! I don't think I will make it to the beach party with you all. Looks like I will probably be having hernia surgery soon.

Jeanie~

This is so cool. Isn't it fun being able to wear a bathing suit again? I bought one a month ago that I think is so cool and I think of covering up with a T-shirt, too. What is wrong with us? We can wear the suit without a t-shirt. I will, if you do. Let's make it a goal to go out with just our swimsuits on. I am thrilled for you Jeanie! I don't think I will make it to the beach party with you all. Looks like I will probably be having hernia surgery soon.

Sorry to hear about the hernia surgery. :( We will make a date for when you are better, so that we can not wear a t-shirt with our cute new suits together. :D

How cool is that! I'm dancing with you girlfriend! A bathing suit that LOOKS GOOD! Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Want to do this. That is one week before my surgery.. and it will be great!!! For those that are just watching and not surfing.. I sure hope you'll be watching with a camera in your hands snapping photos!!! LOL

I wore a bikini this wekend... for the first time in my life! Woo hoo. cant wait to hit the beach. The thigh tuck scars didnt look so bad either, I may be able to ditch the board shorts... we'll see. Kim dont forget the wet suit lady! ;)

Where's the campsite at? It's been a few years since I was at that beach. I would love to stay the night, I have a small tent packed somewhere. Or perhaps I'll just bring the big one so I can fully stretch out on the king sized air mattress! Just don't put me too close to Stacie and Gerry :D

The last time I went camping on the beach was when I was 18. It was so cool to fall asleep to the waves.

I just can't wait! This is going to be such a blast.

I need to know by this Thursday who wants to stay at the campsite - spending the night Saturday night.

It's 8 to a campsite. We have two beach front campsites right next to each other. Bridget and her family are staying in our campsite. One more person could pitch a tent in with us. That's a total of 8 (for those that don't want to do the math) LOL! Okay, so that leaves the campsite next door open. I'll need to know who wants to use that spot or we will sell it back to the campgrounds by this weekend. Stacie, Gerry and Marie do you guys want it for Saturday night?

Count on me staying Saturday night.

Surfing is on Sunday. Sunday night is the party night with pot luck.

I'll need to get reimbursed the $40 for the campsite. So, if you have 8 people that are interested, the cost would be $5.00 a night per person. So cheap!

I just need to know if I should release that other site or keep it.

Let me know!

Kimmie,

Keep it!!!!

Camping??? It would be a good thing to do to get ready for the 3 days in a tent, but I don't have tent, so I guess I can't. BUMMER for me!! :P

Look back through this post. Someone offered a tent for use. Marie's bringing a tent, maybe she would share if her husband is not coming?

Camping??? It would be a good thing to do to get ready for the 3 days in a tent, but I don't have tent, so I guess I can't. BUMMER for me!! :P

Jeanie quit looking for excuses not to camp you big weanie! We KNOW your a princess, but come on rough it...... every princess has. Remember one princess had the tradegy of sleeping with a pea under a mattress, Cinderella she had it rough, Snow White she lived in a rinky dinky house for longer than a couple of days.... see if they lived through and lived happily ever after, you can too! I just know it! :)

Were going camping, were going surfing! Woo hoo! Damn, Kim who do I call to get boards to rent at least?

I REALLY don't have a tent. I'm surely not going to sleep in the open. That would be a little to much for this city girl. Maybe I can share a tent with someone. Hey Pam do you have room in your tent for your pod mate?

Save the spot for meeeeee!!!!!!

Jeanie, I'll bring the big tent, it's suppose to sleep 6. Room with me. My hubby doesn't like sand in his pants and he needs to stay home and take care of the puppies anyways. I'll also bring the little 2 person tent and an extra cot. Heck, if I drive the truck down, I can just throw the mattress in the back and sleep there. There are options girls!

Hey, BTW, is there enough parking?

Marie, thank you for mentioning that. Parking is a bear. You'll be able to park only two vehicles in your spot.

In our campsite the pop-up trailer counts as a vehicle and we'll have one other car there. Bridget will need to drop off stuff and park across the street and we'll drive her back to the campsite. We'll need to coordinate this better as time approaches. You can always get a 15 minute drop off ticket at the gate, drop off your stuff, have someone follow you to park the car and drive you back. That's usually how we do it.

Gidget, I called this place I found on -ine down in Mission Beach that had a 7 foot soft foam board for the week for $75.00. I'm all over that unless I can find it cheaper up North. Hansen's, Encinitas Surf Shop, 101 board sports, all rent, but I don't know their prices. I'll be calling as the time gets closer. We'll need more than one board. This board is for my daughter, but I know she won't be on it all the time. When she's not, some else can be.

If you're checking in Saturday, April 16th at 1:00/2:00 p.m. and staying the night (camping). Here's your list of things:

1. Bring quarters for hot showers. It takes me two quarters. One to get wet with and one to rinse. I'm cheap when it comes to pay showers. My kids and husband use 4 quarters to take their showers. Bring soap and shampoo.

2. Bring cooler filled with lunch for Saturday and/or Sunday and hot dogs for Saturday night. Pot luck dish to share Sunday. Bring drinks for both days.

3. Tent and sleeping bag. Air mattress if you have one.

4. Lanterns or flashlights (extra batteries).

5. Cash for breakfast at Pipes restaurant Sunday morning. Four people can eat one big breakfast at Pipes. I'm not kidding.

6. Saturday night we will provide a big pot of chili. Bring hot dogs to roast over the campfire.

7. Extra towel for shower.

If you're planing on joining us Sunday for the day. Here's your list: (Saturday people will need to bring these items in addition to items listed above.)

1. Bring willingness to try to surf at least one time.

2. Bring beach chair for beach and campfire at night. We play this really fun game called moose around the campfire.

3. Bring an umbrella for shade.

4. Bring lunch for Sunday and pot luck to share Sunday evening.

(We will provide hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone Sunday night.

5. Cooler for what you want to drink. We will be bringing a blender.

6. Sunscreen and hat for protection.

7. Beach towel.

8. Wet suit if you can get one. The water will be cold.

9. Camera!

For those people that are spending the night Saturday night. Check out time is at noon. That means that all your stuff can come over to our campsite while we enjoy the day at the beach on Sunday, but this also means that both cars need to be out of the spot by noon on Sunday. We can do that car/people shuffle thing either before we go down to the beach or after. I'll leave that up to you.

Jeanie, you can do it!

If we get there before you, is the site reserved under your name? I'm willing to pay for the whole spot so I can park the truck there ovenight.

I'm so there Sunday. I don't think that I can camp on Saturday. I have a wedding to go to. REALLY it's the truth I'm not trying to get out of camping. ;)

Check in time isn't until 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. We plan on getting there around 1:00 to push the window a little bit. But yes, the reservation is under our last name. I already have the spot numbers, I'll private e-mail you with those.

You and Pam can both have the spot for your cars, it takes two vehicles.

Jeanie, I don't know about this sudden wedding to go to! LOL