watergirl

Surfs up!

Sets today reached 14 foot! Cowabunga Dudes and Dudetts!

Everyone who is interested in learning to surf, here's the scoop.

Date: Sunday, April 17th (Gerry, sorry, told you wrong last night)

Time: 10:00 a.m. before the wind comes up till 10:00 p.m. (darn rules)

What you need: You need an adventerous spirit, surf board, at least 7 foot, a spring suit, towel, and a dish to share for the pot luck that night.

We have reserved the campsite right next to ours. Bridget is planning on staying in ours - 8 people to a campsite. So, here is what I'm throwing out to all of those that might want to spend the night Saturday night. Check in is 2:00 p.m. on Saturday (this is when we are checking in also) and check out would be noon on Sunday (we're staying until next Sunday :) ). Those that stayed the night would just need to put their stuff in our campsite before heading down to the beach for the day on Sunday. The campsite is oceanfront, on the cliff above the beach. I need to know like within the week if anyone is interested. First come, first served. I'll need to get reimbursed the $40 for the campsite. So, if you have 8 people that are interested, the cost would be $5.00 a night per person. So cheap!

For those not wanting to surf or not get in the water, don't let that stop you. Come spend the day with us at the beach, bring an umbrella, enjoy the pot luck, meet new friends, stay for the pot luck and camp fire. Kumby ya, my lord, kumby ya...lol

This is a family event. Everyone is welcome. I will caution those that may not be able to make it up stairs. There are alot of stairs going down to the beach which means there are more coming back up :P ! Just kidding, but it sure felt like it last year. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

It's possible to stay at the campsite and see the beach below, and avoid the stairs altogether, to still provide you an opportunity to join us.

Let me know if your in.

Sounds like fun Kim! I sure wish I could learn how to surf.. ...not sure about it :confused: I always did the boogie board thing when I was much younger.

Can you rent a board from somewhere, or do you think people would be willing to share? I SO want to learn to surf. :P It's so funny now that I've lost so much weight there are things that I just really want to do. :eek: I wont be staying the night though. Sleeping outside or in a tent just isn't my thing. I know I'M A FREAKING PRINCESS, but hey I'm going to do it for 3 days in Oct. That alone will probably give my Dad a heart attack...lol This sounds like so much fun! I can't wait!! :D

Dale, bring the family out and boogie board, it's all good! You may be tempted to give it a try when you see others riding the waves.

Jeanie, Yes, you can rent boards for the day. Sharing is cool too.

Count me in! I don't think I will try surfing but hanging out with my "family" sure sounds great to me. I don't know yet if I will stay the night, let me ruminate on that one for a while!

I'm so happy to know that you will join us. "For the day" is better than not at all. I'll take you anyway I can spend time with you!

Kim,

I would really love to do this. I wouldn't stay the night either.. but it does sound like a blast. However, I would LOVE to surf!! I've been waiting almost a year for you to teach me to surf. The only thing is.. I don't know if I will be approved by then for plastic surgery or have had it by then.. and sorry but I am not waiting on PS to surf.. lol

There will be plenty of time for you to teach me if I am laid up at the time. We now can say we have the rest of our lives.. :)

Kim,

I would rent a surfboard or maybe I can borrow one of my nephews boards. Heck, maybe I can fit into one of their summer wetsuits now....LOL This will be so fun. I will not stay the night though....don't like camping. I am wierd like that.

Thanks for offering the fun to all of us. :)

JEEEZZZZZZZ! Your priorities, I just don't know about you....

Kidding! Of course we have our lifetime to surf. This won't be the last opportunity. During the summer, we are always at Torrey Pines State Beach on the weekends. I'll post when and what time, you can come then. Okay? ;)

I'm so excited that you and Gerry will be joining us! I guarantee that you will have the time of your life. You never forget the first time you ride a wave. I hope to get you all stoked about surfing.

Are you guys up for spending the night?

You are just too cute for words! Borrowing a surfboard is a great idea. Just make sure it's at least 7 foot. Of course, a longer board is recommended for bigger people. Spring suit is recommended, I'll be in my full suit, because IT FITS NOW!

Got you down for the day, but not spending the night. Thanks for letting me know.

I've always wanted to learn to surf! But I will only be about 17 days out from a C-section at that point. If I have been released to drive and the weather is nice I will definately come cheer you guys on from the beach.

This is the coolest group of losers I have ever met.

I love you guys!

Im with Kina, I have been waiting for this day FOR SO LONG! Ever since I was at your house and we watched Blue Crush I have been envisioning what its going to be like.... I am going to be exhausted, arms are gonna hurt, im gonna have a tan and look totally hot throughout the hell of it all in a bikini/board shorts! Woo hoo!!!!!! I have had this on my calendar for at least 6 months, and only the flu could keep me away! I am so freaking jazzed.

Tent $32.00

Sleeping bags $10

Battery operated lamp $5.00

Pot luck dish to share $ 15.00

Fulfilling a life long dream PRICELESS

Mary's right, this is the greatest bunch of losers!

Tent $32.00

Sleeping bags $10

Battery operated lamp $5.00

Pot luck dish to share $ 15.00

Fulfilling a life long dream PRICELESS

Mary's right, this is the greatest bunch of losers!

Bridget you are so CUTE!!

Well I want to do this so bad but its going to depend on work if I can or not. We are moving our office that weekend or the weekend before. So if we are not moving that weekend I will be there with my honey. I can't wait sounds like so much fun.

Hijack! Okay chickie! Who's " your honey"?

Ok well I've been slow at posting it but here it goes. I dated a guy about 4 1/2 years ago who was my first everything. We were head over heels in love with each other but because things we to serious and we were to young we called it off. Well we remained friends for a long time and have kept in contact. He has been my best friend now for 2 years and has been through a lot with me. Well 2 weeks ago we met up again to see what would happen. Needless to say but it was like old times but 10 times better. The friendship has carried over to so much more with us because we know each other so well. His name is Star, he is 23 and the best thing to ever happen to me. I've kept the under wraps for long enough.

There is so much more to tell but I'll fill everyone in later.

I remember your stories about Star.... you concerns.. you being torn n stuff! Well cool beans! I am so happy for you my little chick a dee.

Damn its spring everyone is getting twitterpated (Only a Disney fan, or Bambi lover would know what that means :P ) I wanna be twitterpated too! lol

Anyways regardless of it all, I am pleased to hear such great news! Yippee!

JEEEZZZZZZZ! Your priorities, I just don't know about you....

Kidding! Of course we have our lifetime to surf. This won't be the last opportunity. During the summer, we are always at Torrey Pines State Beach on the weekends. I'll post when and what time, you can come then. Okay? ;)

Don't count me out just yet girlfriend. If I hadn't had surgery by then.. I am in like Flynn!!! I so want to learn to surf and it would be great if I can get somewhat good before my nieces and nephews come out for the wedding. I can then show them what their Auntie can do.. lol

My neighbor is a semi pro surfer and has been in many competitions. He is sponsored by numerous companies.. I told him that I was going to learn how to surf and he was "stoked" in his words. I think I can borrow one of his boards too.. afterall he has several and I am sure most were free from the companies that sponsor him.. I don't want to buy anything until I know if I will like it or not.

I want to go too! Unfortunately, Matt and I will be in LA for the weekend because we're visiting friends and going to a concert. He's going to teach me this Spring and I'll definitely be joining you, Kim, for some waves come summer! :D Any thoughts about having another weekend in May or something? Would love to join the Surf Divas... I actually just signed up at a tanning salon - trying to see how this body looks with a tan. I think I'll be less critical when I finally drag my behind out to go swimsuit shopping... Yikes! :eek:

Tonya - Congratulations, sweetie! I'm so happy for you - I remember hearing about him too... You go girl! :D

We'll be surfing all spring and summer long at Torrey Pines state beach. I'll post for sure when we'll be there. We go and spend the day - usually after church on Sunday's.

Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day we'll be back camping at San Elijo.

So, lots of opportunity for a party wave with all my friends and family! Let's do the d**n thing.

You'll look even hotter with a tan! :cool:

How was Mexico?