MiladyB

Asiago Meatloaf

Asiago Meatloaf

1-lb extra lean ground beef or ground turkey

2-Asiago Chicken Sausages (from Costco) you can sub this out

1/2 cup tomato sauce

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1/2 med onion diced

3 oz reduced fat sharp cheddar (cut it into 18 small cubes)

1/4 cup Egg beaters

mix all together except for cheese, shape into 6 cubes and insert 3 cheese cubes into the center and re-shape bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes

6 servings

*stats per serving with ground beef

cals-237

fat-10* (you can reduce this by using lean turkey and lower fat cheese)

carb-8

protein-26

Beth,

Have you tried the roasted red pepper and corn sausage from costco???

They have the lowest fat, lowest carbs, and highest protein count. I grill them and put over well steamed string beans with a little olive oil and pasta seasoning.....OMG sooooo gooood./

Beth,

Have you tried the roasted red pepper and corn sausage from costco???

They have the lowest fat, lowest carbs, and highest protein count. I grill them and put over well steamed string beans with a little olive oil and pasta seasoning.....OMG sooooo gooood./

No I haven't Dyann. I don't have a membership there since the only 2 are totally on the other side of town but I have a friend who picks things up for me once in awhile. I may have to send her on a mission! They sound wonderful!!! Thanks for letting me know about them....and the way you serve them sounds HEAVENLY!!!! :D

You must be a great cook. You always have such great recipes posted. I'm not much of a cook myself but I'll have to try this one.

You must be a great cook. You always have such great recipes posted. I'm not much of a cook myself but I'll have to try this one.

Naaaaa, I'm an ok cook but nothing great. I just know how to follow a recipe. *L* I bought the stuff for this one tonight. Most certainly making it some time soon. It sounds easy and good...just the kind of cooking I like to do. :D

I used to be a really good cook. I don't know when I lost it. :D I can mess up a recipe quite easily.

I'm hoping I can find that Asiago chicken sausage. There isn't a Costco near hear. What would you substitue with if I can't? Maybe just chicken sausage and add a bit of asiago cheese?

thanks!!

Jeri

I used to be a really good cook. I don't know when I lost it. :D I can mess up a recipe quite easily.

I'm hoping I can find that Asiago chicken sausage. There isn't a Costco near hear. What would you substitue with if I can't? Maybe just chicken sausage and add a bit of asiago cheese?

thanks!!

Jeri

Yep, I would think that would work well Jeri. I found a mushroom, Asiago, chicken sausage at a place called Fresh Market. It's a new store in town that I checked out last night. Its a chain but not sure if they are in your area.

Well I made this tonight and it was very good!! It was nice and easy on the pouch, flavorful and easy to put together. Something I will make again in the future. :)