Guest HAMPTON5555

Good Times!!

Guest HAMPTON5555

Hey all!!

Sure had a good time last night!!!

Can't say enough about how great everyone looked and learned a whole lot about STUFF!!! (mostly after the support meeting)

Ed, thanks for letting me pick your brains. I really want to be a success and seeing you and so many others is inspirational for me.

Gerry quiet hottie, Bridget gorgeous, beauty, Carol classy lady, Michelle sweet and funny and Traci wild grama, it was fun getting to know you all!!! We need to find a place we can really dance!! :cool:

Everyone else at the meeting....WOW!!!!

Honey,

You ain't seen nuttin yet!

HUGS YOU BEAUTY!

Traci

last night was a good time, we tried to make the best of things I suppose. Thanks for being such a great sport and decided to hang out. It was awesome seeing you again, as well as Michelle and meeting the fabulous Carol. Carol, your pic on your avatar does you no justice honey, your gorgeous!

It was cool meeting Ed and Traci too, it is cool to put faces withnames and personality to post..... allin all a VERY interesting evening.

Ger..... I always have a good time with ya bigbaldbuddy... you and me is like peas and carrots! :D

Rain, I cant wait to hang with you again, this time I will sit closer to ya!

Bang your head!

The support group was wonderful! Wish I could have gone to dinner and absorbed all the info Rain did. Anything you like to pass on Rain. lol.

I agree, seeing is believing! EVERYONE! Looked awesome. Definately something I will try and do EVERY month.

Guest HAMPTON5555

Kelly,

In a nut shell the info I got from seeing post ops who are successful is this...

Our pouch is a tool, we have to do the rest.

1. :) Make good food choices.

2. :) Excersize.

3. :) Be honest with yourself.

4. :) Do your living as a thin person not an obese person.

Is it easy?..No, but it is possible, look around and you can see.

Hey all!!Sure had a good time last night!!!Can't say enough about how great everyone looked and learned a whole lot about STUFF!!! (mostly after the support meeting)Everyone else at the meeting....WOW!!!!

Wowowowowowoow! What a hot group! The meeting was phenomenal, the dinner was huge, the afterparty was hot!! All you ladies and gents of the evening~ We not only have GBS in common we are also night people!! I learned so much, from so many of you! Rain you were my chaperon and my guide, thanks so much. It was a blast meeting all of of you, Ed, Gerry, Traci, Traci, Dara, Cha Cha. Bridgett you are a doll, you have a whole new life ahead of you, you need to find yourself darling. You guys are all hot. What fun!! Can't wait until our next meeting. Oh, and Outback Steakhouse were greeet catereing to our "joey (kids meal)" meals. What a great bunch!! Thanks to everyone. What total fun. Thanks especially to you Rain for driving me back to the freeway in the rain at 1PM!!! I slept like a baby in my room. I am glad you didnt wake me, I didnt get up until 11AM!!!

Carol, I missed you. I did not even know where you were. I wanted to get the jacket & slacks from you. I will have to go to the clothing exchange.

Talk to u guys soon.

Guest HAMPTON5555

Kelly,

I have the clothes Carol brought for you. After seeing you from across the room, she thought you may be too young for the styles. Any way, I have them and I plan on going to the clothing exchange and I can keep them out for your personal veiwing.

By the way, you asked where I was sitting. I came in late and snuck in over by the rest room. I was the one asking Dr. Potts about the muscle pain under my rib cage.

I am sorry I did not get to meet you in person. So many people. Next time you will have to go to Outback with us and who knows where else?????

Rain

Yes, Rain. I thought that was you! Next time I will go out with you guys. I had to pick my boys up at the in-laws and mentioned nothing about being later than 8pm, so I could not go. Next time...definately.

Well, at least Carol knew I did not ditch her. lol. Thanks for letting me know. I too will go to the clothing exchange...by the way everyone...the scale started moving again...yah! Finally! at my 4 week mark I will take my measurements. I forgot I took my measurements for my grandma in December so she could make me some P.J.'s...so I do have pre-surgery measurements. Another blessing.

Kelly,

Will you dance with me next time? Ed was the only one brave enough!

Hugs,

Traci

The band was playing Metallica and Alice in Chains... we were scared, we just arent as crazy as you are! I have never danced to hard core rock in my life! You are one wild lil bean...... you would do well hanging out with Marie, she is just as lively as you are! Not afraid of anything!

Next time, maybe we can find a top 40 type of joint... but we are gonna have to head to Mission Valley or downtown for anything like that.

Carol, I missed you. I did not even know where you were. I wanted to get the jacket & slacks from you. I will have to go to the clothing exchange. Talk to u guys soon.

Kelly~

I saw you at the meeting but you were like way accross the room. Since I was not a Dr. Callery patient I kept my mouth shut :rolleyes: (that's hard for me to do!) and didnt yell accross to you. After the meeting I lost track of where you where. Rain has the clothes, they are all hanging in a dry cleaner bag. They are mostly business type clothes, there is a rouge pink linen long jacket with black dress underneath, two pairs of black slacks (one pair needs dry cleaning!! do not wear! ) a velvet/brocade jacket, and some other stuff I think. You looked a lot smaller to me than any of these clothes are that is for sure! But get them from Rain (she is taking them to the clothing exchange) and see what you think first, then after that they are all up for grabs. I bought most of that stuff from Nordstroms or Catherines so they are good quality. Especially the pair of dress slacks, they are my favorite, I wish I still had a pair of slacks that are made that nice. All the cut fabric edges on the inside of the pants is handrolled and covered. Really well made. Sorry I missed you!

It was fun meeting all who went to the (former Dad's Cafe) bar last Thursday.

Nice to place a face in person with you as opposed to an avatar that doen't do most of us justice.

I know there were some who didn't make it to the support meeting. (shaking a finger at you). Next time, right?

And I know some of us didn't make it to the after event either (Singing nanny nanny nah nah) You'll just have to wait for the next one, huh?

Rain, sorry for being quiet..I was up since 5am that morn. Enjoyed chatting with you and Cha-Cha.

Ed, you got a lot of stories/experiences etc.. You should start your own Post-op web-site..maybe.

Tracie, you are a riot!

Carol, I'm impressed, you can hang with the best of us out there. Keep it up!

Bridget: It's never a dull moment with you. ;) Your energy is contagious. :D

The band was playing Metallica and Alice in Chains... we were scared, we just arent as crazy as you are!

Yeah!! Who knew anyone could dance to that music!! I was very impressed Traci! You are one hyperactive woman!! You and Ed really danced well together. I was just glad there wasnt a mosh pit! I've heard GBS patients hurling themselves off the platform into the pit can be very dangerous~ ;)

The band was playing Metallica and Alice in Chains... we were scared, we just arent as crazy as you are! I have never danced to hard core rock in my life! You are one wild lil bean...... you would do well hanging out with Marie, she is just as lively as you are! Not afraid of anything!

Next time, maybe we can find a top 40 type of joint... but we are gonna have to head to Mission Valley or downtown for anything like that.

I completely understand Bridget, at least you knew what they were playing, and put a name to it. I thought it was just noise, but hey, I went to dance, and by golly I was going to dance if I had to do it by myself, well maybe not. I really just wanted some exercise, been a long time, and I wanted to see if I would be able to do it without gasping for air, well I did it, yes I did gasp for air when I was done, and glad it was over, but where ever you can find that would be a good dance hall would be fine. I hate that stuff we had to endure that night, but it was great company and I really had a wonderful time just being amongst the living. I danced the next night too.

But, I lost more weight. I haven't had an ice blended mocha or a frappuccino in a week. When I saw my pcp for my lungs Friday he walked in and said "Oh my God, I am shocked, you are so skinny now, you are starting to worry me." When I told him Dr. Callery set a goal of 119 he said no, no, you are fine, don't lose anymore. But this morning I slipped down to 121.

I have found now that my boobs are gone that the little girls department is more for me, lol, I am wearing my 12 year olds pants right now.

I can't wait to get wild and crazy and have a real night out dancing. I am sure you young whipper snappers will run circles around me, but I will try and learn your new steps, and keep up. Looking forward to it!

Hugs,

Traci

P.s, Gerry is a quiet guy, but he can be provoked into conversation, I like him. Whooooohooooooo HANDSOME HUNK OF MAN!

and here's the pretty lady now. :D

Had a great time guys and yeah... Dancing to Metallica is a new one for me too. lol. Check out Ms. Rain's new pic.

post-417-12990978969099_thumb.jpg

Kelly,

In a nut shell the info I got from seeing post ops who are successful is this...

Our pouch is a tool, we have to do the rest.

1. :) Make good food choices.

2. :) Excersize.

3. :) Be honest with yourself.

4. :) Do your living as a thin person not an obese person.

Is it easy?..No, but it is possible, look around and you can see.

Ya know... I think I love this woman. I think sometimes people get hung up on the details. Stuff like how much water to drink, protein grams, carb grams, calories, yadda yadda. All good stuff and important but still smacks of a diet mentality vs a lifestyle change. Rain nailed it pretty good. #4 is the stuff baby.

Yeah!! Who knew anyone could dance to that music!! I was very impressed Traci! You are one hyperactive woman!! You and Ed really danced well together. I was just glad there wasnt a mosh pit! I've heard GBS patients hurling themselves off the platform into the pit can be very dangerous~ ;)

Carol,

What is a mosh pit? Never heard of one before. I know the dance floor had a few pits or something in them, but I knew Ed would catch me if I fell. LOL, and I did think I would a few times.

Hugs,

Traci

Guest HAMPTON5555

Hey Ed!!!

Lovin' ya' right back!!!

It was all your info.

Maybe I'm digesting knowledge now since I can't digest food............hahahaha!!!

Hate the pic!!! Oh myyyyyy, I thought I had less chins by now, I better keep up the work-outs with my trainer...."chin ups any one???" :o

Can't wait to hang out with you all again.

Up here in Carlsbad there is an area with 3 clubs across from each other and you can hop from one to the other as the music mooooooves you!!!

Anyone interested??

Rain

I had a hellacious night at work after I left the support group meeting, then just went home and CRASHED... Although I sorely needed the sleep (my sister had talked me into babysitting the ENTIRE next day - my DAY OFF!), I do regret not partying with you animals! Where are the pictures, people?! I need details!

Rain - I'm so sorry that I didn't get to meet you in person. I think I know where you were in the room, but I didn't recognize you from your avatar. :(

Ed - it was brief, but great to meet you in person!

The Gang - my buddy Jeff no longer works at Jimmy Love's, but I'm sure Bridget's DJ can get us in for free if needed. Maybe we'll have to move on to a new place? I'm all about going out!

Smooches, B

Hate the pic!!! Oh myyyyyy, I thought I had less chins by now, I better keep up the work-outs with my trainer...."chin ups any one???"

That's a great pic. You have a great smile and it certainly shows. The chin thing..bah! Don't worry about it. It'll be gone before you know it.

Now.. it's the lunch and dinner thing above you head that's funny. lol

Hate the pic!!! Oh myyyyyy, I thought I had less chins by now, I better keep up the work-outs with my trainer...."chin ups any one???" :o Rain

RAIN! That is an adorable picture of you, and way more looks like you than the avatar you usually use. I can really see that beautiful you in Ed's picture. And there are NO chins there! What the heck are you talking about??! It's a great picture.

Ed, that is a great little camera, what is it?

Traci (john's wife~) a mosh pit is the dance area below the performers stage in a punk club. They are most known for the fact that people get thrown from the stage into the sea of dancers, or they are carried along above the dancers. In any case it's dangerous! It's nothing like a peach pit, cherry pit, gravel pit, or pit in your furniture, or your paint job ;)