watergirl

Knitting Anyone?

Sandi, Dale and I are knitting Saturday, January 29th.

Details - My house, 10:00 a.m. till whenever

Private e-mail me for directions/address/phone number.

What you'll need to bring with you. A willingness to learn, simple - cheap yarn (Wal-Mart has some for $1.74 - $3.45) size 15, 16, or 17 knitting needles (hard to find with all the people knitting lately), and a smile. Make sure the yarn that you buy isn't easily split into strans. It's usually three ply. Meaning, it will have three threads that make up one strand of yarn. Just make sure it won't split easily.

You may want to check at Hancock's, Joann's, Wal-Mart, Michael's, yarn shops, etc. for needles.

Saturday, January 29th is Bridget's birthday. I plan on going to anything that evening being planned to party with her.

I hope those of you that want to learn to knit will come. :)

I do, I do.... I would love to come that morning... is it okay if I bring my little monsters with me?

I would love to re-learn my dear. I just love the scarf you made me! What are you going to teach us that day?? Count me in!

Yes, Bridget you can bring your kids with you. They are not monsters! I'm so glad that you'll come.

Pam, I'm so glad that you'll come too! You won't need that much instuction, just a refresher. I can teach you some new stitches I just re-learned too. Like the cable, drop and twisted drop stitches. The twisted drop stitch is my new favorite.

Basic instructions will be to knit every row to make a scarf. I can teach variations too for those that want more.

Sandi will be there too to teach. She may have other stitches to teach us. Sounds like a party to me.

A knitting bee... how cute is that?

I can't wait either for our knitting bee! I'm so glad you can make it. Where did you find your needles? I'm so glad you were able to find them!

I have a needle from a long time ago. How do I know what size it's? I also want to go. It sounds like fun, and I want to learn how to make the scarfs. ;)

Jeanie, I just replied to your e-mail. I'm so glad you can make it. You are my latest hero. I'm so proud of you for going to excersise right after support group last night! The knitting needle size can be found on the end of the needles (usually). Either on the very end (opposite the point ends) or on the needle, further down, opposite the point ends.

Christina - You sound like me. They should just rent me a room at our local Wal-Mart! LOL I'm so excited that you all are interested.

I'll private e-mail you with directions.

I'm so jazzed that so many want to learn how and to "sit n knit" with us!!!

Redheart yarn is really the best for NOT splitting, it's a 4 ply though, and you can get a BIG skein of it for just a few dollars like Kim said...

If someone has only 1 needle, then you probably have a crochet hook, it takes 2 to knit, just like "two to tango"... :D

I'm going to also be bringing my sock project, you knit with either 4 or 5 needles at once, depending on what you like, and you use 100% wool yarn.... I told Kim, "once you start on socks, you'll be hooked"... :) I've been knitting since I was 11, you KNOW that's a heap of years, I just learned how to knit socks 2 years ago, and I LOVE it!!! Some of you saw my lucky red SOCK that I wore in surgery, I didn't get both of them made on time, so, they let me wear one during my GBP, I told them if they had to take it off during surgery to check my toenails for oxygen level, that would be fine, but they'd better put it back on before I woke up!!!! :eek: They did!! And I got the second one made so, I have a pair of lucky red socks!!

Let's tango girlies!!!

;)

I got mine (needles) at the Wal-Mart off of Nordahl in San Marcos. I bought them during Christmas because I remember Kim saying that they were hard to find. I should've bought more.

Tricia, you might have to go to a specialty store, like a yarn shop, that's where I get most of mine because they have the kind I like, wooden! :)

I don't know where you live, but, there's an awesome store in La Mesa, it's called "Two Sisters and Ewe", your best bet, if you can't find them at Michaels or Walmart, is to look for a yarn shop in your area. Good luck, I know you're gonna enjoy it!! :D

Sandi,

I am up in the North County, Escondido actually. I used to HAVE knitting needles, but I can't find them now. I will try after work again today. I should love it, I am one of them crafty people. Crochet, cross stitch, quilting, embroidery, even have done latch hooking. Wish me luck today!

I've got every crossed for you to find those needles. Don't get too obsessive about finding 15, 16 or 17's. I've got my old ones (metal) that you can use in a pinch. I got a set of bamboo for Christmas that I just love.

I've been told that once you make socks, you can't stop! Sandi, love your red socks!!!!! They are so cool!

Thanks Kim. I have a set of size 10......maybe I can wrap duct tape around them to make them size 15's! Just kidding!!! Though maybe.........hehehe! Holy cow, I work at a machine shop.....maybe the guys could make me a set!

Thanks Kim. I have a set of size 10......maybe I can wrap duct tape around them to make them size 15's! Just kidding!!! Though maybe.........hehehe! Holy cow, I work at a machine shop.....maybe the guys could make me a set!

Found some for you!!

They're in your area, I just called them, they have, "lots of 15's, both straights and circulars" was what the lady said... :D

YARNING FOR YOU SAN MARCOS 760-744-5648

You go girl!!!

Sandi,

That was so sweet of you! I found some too down in Poway (I work in Poway) at "Ye Olde Yarn Shoppe" and stopped by on my way home from work and grabbed them. So I am all set!!! Can't wait!

This get together sounds like so much fun! The only thing I know how to do is crochet the chain stitch. I've always been afraid of trying knitting because I remember trying to do it with my Grandmother and my fingers just got tangled with both needles and the yarn. I would love to learn how to knit and make something someone would appreciate. The socks sound like fun but the number of needles to make them sounds scary. :eek: I don't think that I have anything going on that morning and would love to join you Ladies. ;)

Tricia,

When I read your post, my heart started pounding fast. I thought maybe it was today and I just posted it wrong. Thank goodness though. It is the 29th. :D I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sandi,

That was so sweet of you! I found some too down in Poway (I work in Poway) at "Ye Olde Yarn Shoppe" and stopped by on my way home from work and grabbed them. So I am all set!!! Can't wait!

Glad you found some!! I'm glad to know there's a yarn shop in Poway too, that'll give me another outlet, uhoh, somewhere to go after seeing Kelly, I'm dangerous in yarn shops!!! :P

I can hardly wait too! I dug my old #15's out, they were my Gramma's, bless her heart, she gave all of her needles to me, she told me she wanted to know they'd be loved when she was gone :( .... She lived to be 96 and the needles are certainly loved. I've knitted a lot of miles with sticks and string thanks to her, she taught me when I was 11, God rest her soul~ I sure miss her.....

Sandi,

I know what you mean. My grandma crocheted, and she taught me when I was 4 or 5 I think. I got one pair of her crochet hooks when she was gone, don't know what happened to the rest. :(