bridgetgirl

Ot: another bright idea

Hey guys I was thinking... after reading Barbara's post about her most memorable Christmas.... in the summer we have a picnic, I belive its in June this year, and I have determined to do it at la Jolla shores, anyways to my point. I want to do Christmas in June. Let's bring one unwrapped toy to start collecting for a toy drive to donate to for Christmas. Also, if you could start gathering/collecting toiletries to donate to a woman's shelter. hairbrushes, deoderant, combs, tooth brushes,etc or even some gift cards from Target, Walmart or Kmart... what do you guys think about this I dont mind storing this stuff at my house. Let me know what you guys think... I feel good about it, I hope you do too.

I think that is a wonderful idea! I would love to be involved...how thoughtful. A lot of people do not donate because around the Christmas season it is too hectic ($$$ too), but start in June and we could get all kinds of stuff by Christmas time.

Thanks Kelly, I forgot to mention that in November we can put a call out to anyone here on the forum to see if they need assistance around the holidays, then we can help our own first. thanks for the feedback, so if anyone is interested there will be a toy drive in June! Yippe! Im so excited!

When I was a regular church attendee, we had Christmas in August as part of the Angel tree program. Much better responses than trying to do toy drives after thanksgiving.

Count me in. I think having a picnic with everyone would be fun, but making it a toy drive for needy kids makes it sound even better. Great idea!!

Bridget,

You never fail to amaze me my precious friend. I think your idea is wonderful! Count me in. If you need help organizing this feat please let me know. Love ya bunches

Wow guys! Thanks for the overwhelming and supportive responses. Okay we will plan on doing this.... so keep in the back of your minds... our 2nd Annual gastric Bypass patient/familt picninc will be on July 30 at la Jolla Shores at 1:00. Bring an unwrapped toy with you if you are able. It is not a requirement, just a suggestion. Also try to collect mini hand lotions, soap, hair products, deoderant, toothbrushes, tooth paste, etc., to donate as well. Also in November '05 we can have a clothing exchange and whatever is left we can donate to a shelter as well. This is alot of notice... I just hope you guys dont forget!

About the picnic ALL ARE WELCOME! Last year we had a pretty good turnout, this year I would like to double the crowd! I think the location is perfect and I hope many of us are able to surf by then.... we can strut our stuff ;) Pre ops, and Post ops are welcome... children, neighbors, family, friends... who ever! I will keep you posted about details as it draws near!

Bridget~

You always have great ideas. This will be fun. I hope I can make it this year and I will definately contribute even if I can't go.

What would we do without you Bridge. You are our leader!!!

Happy New Year!

Good to se ya Stacie on the forum!

Stacie,

I am really hanging in there. Been running through some tough times with depression, but Tino always pulls me out of it and of course Sandi, my podmate always sets me straight. I think a lot of it is hormones.

I bet you are looking real skinny. Can't wait to see ya again.

Take care. Big higs to you!

Bridget,

That is a great idea! If I am still in town I will really try to make the picnic. July 30 is my son's birthday so I can't promise right now. You can count on me to contribute any way I can. In or out of town!

Tara

Guest HAMPTON5555

Great idea, count me in, I should have gobbs of clothes by then!! :D

Rain