Happy New Year! How's Everyone Doing?

cinwa

Well, we're entering our 2nd day of nasty weather - knee deep snow and temps below freezing. 

Thankfully, we heat with a wood stove and I can cook on it if the power goes out (which it does regularly in weather conditions like this).  Unfortunately, the temps. have been well below normal for this time of the year and our well (water) is frozen solid.  I have some gallon bottles of water but it won't last much longer.

But silly me, I didn't check our stock of paper plates and cups so I now have pretty much every plate, bowel and mug in the house piled up waiting to be washed.  But the forecast is for warmer conditions today - whether it'll be warm enough to unfreeze our well - we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Other than that, I'm able to get in plenty of walking through the forest where the snow isn't so deep and Sam (my rescue chocolate labrador) is in her element jumping into the snow drifts.

Sending best wishes to everyone at the start of the new year and let's hope that we can get through the Covid issues and return to some level of normality.

Dealing with a cold spell here, 5 degrees this morning, never hit freezing today. Life is good other than I seem to have some surgery once a year (gallbladder, cataracts, probably right wrist this year). However, if I weighed what I weighed just before R-Y bypass in 2016, I'd be down right miserable. So tomorrow is call the doctor and take the next step to fixing torn ligaments in the wrist. Get it done, get it healed, get the pain gone. Rest of life is good and I am happy. Some weight gain but have cut the carbs and gotten a treadmill. One step, one day at a time. Best to all.

It's good to hear from you Lee but I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with torn ligaments in your wrist.  Fingers crossed that you can get that sorted out soon - no one needs to deal with pain on a constant basis.

Oh no, @cinwa!! That sounds absolutely dreadful!! I'm praying by now that your well is thawed out, and temps have been much warmer for you. We've had cold spells off and on, but nothing long lasting...not yet anyway. It's only 4° here right now, at 4:38pm. We have village water, so no well to worry about. But our pipes are wrapped with heat tape so they don't freeze. As long as we don't lose power, that will work. They have been threatening a big snowstorm for a couple of weeks now, but there is only about an inch on the ground right now. It sounds like Sam enjoys the snow like Zoey does, lol. That's great that you can still get some exercise. Thank goodness for your wood stove!! If things got bad enough here with power outages, we could *technically* use our fireplace to cook, but that wouldn't be very convenient, lol. 

I'm also praying that we can get past the worst of Covid, and get some normalcy back in life as well ❤️

Edited by Nana Trish

On 1/9/2022 at 6:48 PM, LeeC said:

Dealing with a cold spell here, 5 degrees this morning, never hit freezing today. Life is good other than I seem to have some surgery once a year (gallbladder, cataracts, probably right wrist this year). However, if I weighed what I weighed just before R-Y bypass in 2016, I'd be down right miserable. So tomorrow is call the doctor and take the next step to fixing torn ligaments in the wrist. Get it done, get it healed, get the pain gone. Rest of life is good and I am happy. Some weight gain but have cut the carbs and gotten a treadmill. One step, one day at a time. Best to all.

Oh no, @LeeC...I'm so sorry to hear about your torn ligaments!! They are extremely painful :( I'll be praying for a smooth surgery and quick recovery for you ❤️ I hear you with the surgeries...it sucks to need that many. I've had my fair share myself, so I feel your pain (((hugs)))