Struggling newbie!

Gembob

Just wondered if anyone has any advice for me. I’m 13 weeks post op and have lost 68lbs which I am super pleased with but I feel like I am eating more than I should be and sometimes the wrong foods too. My aftercare hasn’t been great and I rang to try and speak to the dietician but can’t get appointment until august. I think for me it’s trying to separate head hunger from actual hunger. Also, there’s nothing at all I can’t eat and nothing gives me pain or problems and I kinda wish it did, especially sweet stuff. I had a couple of episodes of dumping syndrome initially but it doesn’t affect me now. Tia. Gem x

Oh and meant to add that my weight loss has been at a standstill for three weeks. X

Here is a very good guide (from the US) on what to eat after a gastric bypass.

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/-/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient-Care-Services/Departments-and-Services/Weight-and-Wellness-Center/GBP-Diet-Manual12611.ashx?la=en&hash=29F5FC8CE082A84BBD66A46335C50C23B8042A29

A healthy diet after a gastric bypass is critically important for long term success.

We are here to support you.