Duodenal Switch (Sadi-s) vs an older surgery.

I sat down and did a lot of research. Found information about the duodenal switch that said 'nope, not a good thing' so I was ready to do a bypas or a sleeve (Leaning towards the sleeve). Went to the dr and he explained that the switch is safer, you lose more weight, etc etc. Get on here and read 'nope, not the case'.

Maybe there needs to be some clarification about this.
The loop duodenal switch (SADI-S or SIPS) is a recent safe and highly effective modification of the historic duodenal switch (DS) procedure, also known as biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD-DS). Like the gastric bypass, the SADI-S (SIPS) is both a malabsorptive and restrictive surgery.

(Copied off of some website but better than me typing in all the big words!)

I hope that there are more people on here who have done this and they just haven't posted? I hope you all rather than sit silent or change their mind about a surgery your very clear about what the loop is and which one is which.

Thoughts?

From what I can find on the internet, Doctors believe that SIPS may make sense if your BMI is over 50.  If not, then stick with a gastric bypass.

We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey.