Is 8ounces of food and 1 measured cup the same? I know stupid question but still need to ask...

I had a gastric revision 2 months ago. I should know the answer to this question. I am currently eating 1 cup of food. But is that the same as 8 ounces? 8 ounces looks like more food....

For water, 1 cup equals 8 oz.  But for other foods, 1 cup of food could weigh more or less than 8 oz.  I suggest that you buy a battery powered food scale, which is not expensive and is great for cooking (now that so many recipes give ingredient list in grams or oz.) as well as for weighing food.  

I'm with Res Ipsa - not all food measures the same and for that reason, I still follow my guidelines to weigh solid food and measure liquids with calories. 

I LOVE Horizon Organic Fat Free Milk and would drink it all day long if I could but at even at just 90 calories/cup, those calories would mount up if I didn't limit myself to 1 or 2 cups a day

I'll be 14 years post-RNY this September and maintain my weight at 112-115lb.  I'm 5'5" with a small frame.

Thank you for your replies:) 

I emailed my surgeons office and they said that I need to stay to the measuring cup not the scale. 2 to 3oz of protein with 1/4 cup veggies and 1/4 of whole grains.

I am eating 3 ounces of lean protein with 1/2 cup of veggies. Trying to stay clear of whole grains.

I really want a salad though but 1/2 cup doesn’t excite me.

1 hour ago, Happy:) said:

Thank you for your replies:) 

I emailed my surgeons office and they said that I need to stay to the measuring cup not the scale. 2 to 3oz of protein with 1/4 cup veggies and 1/4 of whole grains.

I am eating 3 ounces of lean protein with 1/2 cup of veggies. Trying to stay clear of whole grains.

I really want a salad though but 1/2 cup doesn’t excite me.

I'm currently eating salads as a snack between meals. They're low density calories, but a nutritious option between meals which also allows me to focus on the protien at regular mealtimes. I can eat about a cup of salad/veggies with 3-4oz protien, provided I eat the veggies first. I don't find veggies stay in my pouch long.