Bipolar disorder medications after surgery

Hello all, I had my gastric bypass in July of 2012.  Although I did get to my goal weight and have kept it off, I have had severe issues with the medication for my bipolar disorder being greatly ineffective.  I have been drug resistant all my life but since the surgery, it has become so much worse. 

I just recently started ECT and have had 13 treatments and I am having very negative side effects from it and do not want to continue with that treatment.  Due to the severity of my depression and risk of suicide I need to find medications that will be more effective after having the surgery.  

I am currently researching forms of medications, such as liquid, capsules, patches and possibly even injections.  I need to find a way to get the correct dosage of medication into my body because I believe due to the bypass surgery that has not been the case. 

I wanted to ask anyone in the community that has a mental illness if they have experienced the same problem with the medication not being effective after the surgery.  I would also like to know if anyone has found any medications that have worked better for them after the surgery.   What medications and in what form have any of you found that has worked?  

I am not bipolar, but these postings may give you some helpful information:

We are here to support you.

Thank you