Weight loss concerns

I am 4 weeks post op  (Gastric bypass) I started at 228 and was 217 when I left the hospital. I was very surprised that after a week home I lost nothing. Week 3, I lost 11 lbs and thought I was well on my way. This past week I have  put on 1 lb. I am in shock. I have  finally started coming close to my protein min. But am doing very poorly with the liquid. I am only getting in about 15 to 20 oz roughly a day. How can I not be losing weight. I feel like this is  not gonna work for me.

• Res Ipsa changed the title to Weight loss concerns

Relax - it is going to be fine.  :)

A weight loss stall in the first month after surgery is very common.  Just stick to your post-op diet plan, drink lots of liquids, and take your vitamins - your weight loss will increase in a few days.  

This guide from one of the best hospitals in Boston may be helpful to you in planning your post-op diet:

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

We are here to support you.  I have never regretted having my gastric bypass.

As @Res Ipsasaid, stalls are very common, so try not to stress over it too much. I know that's easier said than done, trust me, but the weight will come off. It's very important, though, to get the 64 ounces of liquids in daily. Becoming dehydrated will slow your weight loss, as well as cause some serious constipation, which you do not want! 

One other thing to consider is that the less you weigh pre op, the slower you will lose weight. Or at least that's generally true. I weighed 336 pounds when I started my pre op diet.  I lost 23 pounds in the first month post op, and 34 pounds prior to surgery. I averaged 13-15 pounds a month after that. Just follow your plan, and it will work for you. But remember to get those fluids in and take your supliments :)

Stalls happen.  It’s your body playing catch up.  Stay with your plan and the weight will come off..