Hi! New to this forum. Hope to find advice and support through this journey.

StephBlurton

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I am Stephenie, 46 year old in New Hampshire! Always battled with my weight all my life; now it has seemed to have snowballed into other health issues that I would like to see resolved, hopefully with some help with this surgery.  

I just found out today that the Pre-op surgeon has approved me to me meet with the surgeon for a surgery date.  I am both excited, worried and frightened. So I found this site in the hopes that some of my worries may be calmed down some and my questions answered.  I am so glad I found this support forum.  So, with that, thank you in advance! 

off we go! 

image.png.ae82e06086476aa16907c888f169e056.png

A warm welcome to Thinner Times Stephenie!

Read all you can and ask questions.  

Welcome from another New Englander!  :)

We are here to support you.  I have never regretted having my gastric bypass.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome @StephBlurton and @DavG. This forum was what got me through my surgery and the lead up to it a few years ago. Unlike others, it's packed full of pretty easy to find, excellent information for both before and after surgery. Pretty much any question you can think of will have helpful answers given by folks who are really experienced in WLS. While not as many members are as active as they were back then, the ones that are (especially the admins) are incredibly helpful, and more importantly unbiased, along with being very successful in both losing all their excess weight, and even more importantly,  maintaining it.