Question about "Hunched Over" comments following Tummy Tuck

I've read several comments about people having back pain from having to be hunched over or unable to stand up straight following their tummy tucks, abdominoplasty, or panniculectomy.  I am curious if this is simply because it is uncomfortable to do so, or if this is a post-op requirement that you do not do so while the incisions are healing. 

Of course, I know that my surgeon will provide the instructions that I will need to follow, but I have read those comments enough times, that I am very curious.  Thanks in advance for any responses.

-Mike-

When they remove the excess skin and stretch the edges together to create the incision, to stretch it to where it will look good when all healed actually creates quite a lot of tension on the incision when standing or lying straight.  Tension=pain and the potential for separation of the incision in the extreme.  Gradually as the incision heals you are able to stand straighter, probably by 2 weeks I'd say I was standing straight.

8 hours ago, msmarymac said:

When they remove the excess skin and stretch the edges together to create the incision, to stretch it to where it will look good when all healed actually creates quite a lot of tension on the incision when standing or lying straight.  Tension=pain and the potential for separation of the incision in the extreme.  Gradually as the incision heals you are able to stand straighter, probably by 2 weeks I'd say I was standing straight.

Thank you.  I was guessing that was the case, but was hoping someone would confirm.  So, no jumping-jacks for a while.  Ha Ha!  Hey wait... "Jumping"... When I am healed up I will be able to jump without all this skin flapping!  I had not thought about that.  Not that I do a "lot" of jumping, but I might have to put on that House of Pain song and "Jump Around" in a few months just to celebrate! :D

-Mike-

I had a least one week where I was supposed to not stand straight (that was difficult as it's ingrained) but you're not really "hunched" over so it's ok.  I am very happy with how my tuck turned out.  Week 2 is better as is every week thereafter.