Plant based food? Me?

Hi. I am 9 weeks out gastric bypass. Before, I was able to eat 2-3 oz of turkey breast, ground turkey and a couple of shrimp . At about 5-6 weeks, I began to throw up everything I used to be able to eat.

I can still eat "my safe foods" like lentils, pinto and black beans- about 3.5 -4oz each. I use low fat cheese. I tried salsa and I threw it up, too.. :(

I wonder if I try those foods again soon, will my stomach will be able to handle it or not? 

I just got so tired of throwing up.  

I know I need to try again. If it doesn't go well, will I become a vegetarian? Me?

I am Mexican American and am sad I won't be able to eat certain foods, although minimal. I am fine not having a tortilla.  

Have a visit with my surgeon next week. Hope for good news.

I am afraid to try new things. I want to eat fruit or vegetables like a cucumber, or a salad, but am afraid of throwing up. 

Help anyone?

Edited by Roxy68
Used same sentence twice

Relax.   It is going to be fine,  The post-surgery period can be rough, but it gets better.

I am many years post gastric bypass surgery and can eat almost anything in moderation.

We are here to support you.