Hey guys! I know it's been a long time, and I always say I'm gonna check in regularly, but apparently I can't keep that promise. So I'll say, for now, I'll check in when I can.

I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season, and that you have all been able to avoid the Covid beast. David and I had second hand exposure through Harper about a week before Christmas, so that meant testing and quarantine for 2 weeks. Thank God, we all tested negative. But I'm back to not babysitting for my lovey grandson, and baracading myself in the house...because we all know I'm psycho with my anxiety and bipolar. David is still out of work...he went from furloughed to laid off, because his company had been paying for his health insurance this whole time (thank God), but that ends January 31st. So the stress is getting to us. 

I've been doing a lot better with the drinking, but I've relapsed twice. I'm dealing with that with my therapist with those issues, and it's helping. I've been maintaining my weight, thank God, and have stopped gaining. I'm still at 180, which is about 40 pounds heavier than I want to be. But I'm still about 150 pounds down, and I have to focus on that, and hang on to it for dear life. The drinking and eating addiction go hand and in hand, so I'm struggling. But I have a lot of support, and I'll get there.

During all of the chaos, we adopted a puppy. I didn't feel completely ready, but since David is still home, he promised to take the potty training duties. He's been true to his word. We thought that it would be cathartic for us, as well as the puppy, since we really needed to do something with this pent up energy and love that was stuck in our minds and in our home. So I'd love for you all to meet Zoey...a German Shepard/terrier mix. She is amazingly beautiful, and smart. Potty training is a struggle, but we are getting there. 

Forgive me again, in advance, for popping in when I need someone to listen when I haven't been here for you all. I have so much on my plate, IDK what to do with myself. I love and miss you all, and I hope you are doing well. ♥️ I'm attachiñg pics of Miss Zoey..I know @Res Ipsa and @cinwa will appreciate this most. 

Love and Miss you guys!! @Carina, I will answer your message soon...I haven't forgot you, and I'm not ignoring you my friend ♥️ Love you!!1653246524_Screenshot_20210127-1733422.thumb.png.752fc1cd0c1f653bd83a2debab6a2a21.png

IMG_20210121_145656165~2.jpg

IMG_20210126_015433321.jpg

Edited by Nana Trish
Misspelling

It was wonderful to wake up and find that you had posted Trish.  I have missed you (and others) - these are troubling times for sure and I know that you've been struggling with other issues but it was so good to see your post this morning.  It's going to be the highlight of my day for sure.

Miss Zoey is absolutely gorgeous!  I'm sure she's been keeping you busy but pets are a delight and great company.  I don't know what I'd do without my furbaby Sam.  You did a good thing opening your home (and heart) to a rescue Trish.

I'm sorry to hear that David has been laid off.  I have a few friends in the same situation so I know what a difficult time this is for you. 

Give Zoey a hug for me - keep your face to the sun and stay safe my friend. 

Hello sweet @Nana Trish!

It was really good to read your post!  I am glad you all are hanging in there honey.  I was so excited to see you have a new family member, as we do as well!  Teddy joined our home 4 months ago.  He was 6 months old this week. :)  He is 3/4 maltese and 1/4 yorkie (referred to as Morkies).  This little man has brought a lot of joy to our home, and of course some frustration at times.  Let's face it even the most adorable puppies can be little monsters LOL. 

My hubby had a procedure yesterday to alleviate his horrible reflux.  He had a Linx device inserted around his esophagus.  He has incisions just like mine from my sleeve so now we are twinsies!  I have been making him walk walk walk, as he is uncomfortable with the gas buildup.  I'm thankful for all I have learned here to be able to help him in his recovery.

I hope more people post updates soon - love and miss you all! <3

Christmas2020!.jpg

Teddy.jpg

TeddyBowtie.jpg

Hello darlin’!!!

@TammyP First off, I LOVE your Teddy!! He’s beautiful! I’m so glad he has brought so much joy into your life! We have only had Zoey for 11 days now, but I’m already in love ❤️ She has some health issues though, so we are trying to get her better. Canine flu and Giardia...so lots of meds and upset tummy=vomiting and coughing. But she’s a champ and a fighter! She loves to play fetch and she is crate trained already. She’s doing very well with potty training. Still has an accident here and there, but she is very “treat” motivated, so that helps. And she loves it when we tell her GOOD GIRL when she potties where she’s supposed to, so she’s doing great, despite being sick. I love the pics of your “Morkie” Teddy...thank you so much for posting!! You and hubby are looking great!! 

I hope your hubby is doing well after his procedure. Reflux is a biotch, and anything that can help get rid of that is a blessing. It’s awesome that you have the experience to help him through the gas pains and such. Hopefully he will be feeling much better soon :) 

Love and miss you too, my friend ❤️ I will edit this post in a few, and add some more pics of Miss Zoey :) 

956C99A0-5C92-4AB8-A1A0-1D410A97E695.jpeg

33F952B2-B87D-4B08-9614-3C027DEA4D4C.jpeg

4E5D5613-649A-419A-A9EB-BBDE80446DF3.jpeg

77C9E5F2-B869-4AB4-880B-4BD18F8E89C3.jpeg

Edited by Nana Trish
On 1/28/2021 at 6:37 AM, cinwa said:

It was wonderful to wake up and find that you had posted Trish.  I have missed you (and others) - these are troubling times for sure and I know that you've been struggling with other issues but it was so good to see your post this morning.  It's going to be the highlight of my day for sure.

Miss Zoey is absolutely gorgeous!  I'm sure she's been keeping you busy but pets are a delight and great company.  I don't know what I'd do without my furbaby Sam.  You did a good thing opening your home (and heart) to a rescue Trish.

I'm sorry to hear that David has been laid off.  I have a few friends in the same situation so I know what a difficult time this is for you. 

Give Zoey a hug for me - keep your face to the sun and stay safe my friend. 

@cinwa!!! I’ve missed you so much, my dear friend...and I’ve missed being here and interacting with you all!! I explained about my failed post to you in my PM...so sorry about that!

You and your hubby are always in my thoughts ❤️

Love and hugs ❤️❤️❤️

Welcome back @Nana Trish!  We missed you.  And thank you for the lovely dog photos.  

And thank you @TammyP for your photos and update!

Glad to see you finally checked back in @Nana Trish, I've found myself thinking of you a lot lately and wondering how you're going. Zoey is gorgeous and I'm sure will have q huge impact on your lives.

@TammyP, I have a Teddy in my life as well...just as adorable as your Teddy... in fact very similar looking although my Teddy is more cream in colour. My Teddy is actually my brother's dog, but I house sit /pet sit for them pretty often. He is a Shitzu x Jack Russell....adoringly referred to in Australia as a JackShit!!! No...not kidding about the abbreviated name.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nana Trish,

I also have not been here as often as I should (like before Christmas :unsure:).  Love  your pup, so cute.  We all just do the best we can at the time it is.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:37 AM, cinwa said:

@cinwa

David is finally back to work!! His first day back was Monday the 8th!! :D It's been a hellish 11 months, with the worrying and wondering about our financial future, but with any luck, Rona won't send us backward! We've been ok, since I've saved every dime that I possibly could since the beginning of this whole mess. Between the stimulus checks and the additional unemployment, we've been blessed to be able to save some. We have actually been able to help a couple of friends out that suddenly lost their jobs and had to wait weeks for the unemployment to kick in. So I've been praising the Lord for getting us through this in a much better position than we did back in 2009...ugh. He was actually given a promotion, and a raise, but it includes state to state travel for a few weeks now, which is ok. And I don't know if you have a Dave and Buster's chain in WA, but here in NY they took the governor to court because arcades have been literally listed nowhere in the phasing in of jobs, and that left David and Matt (my son) completely out of a job because they are both arcade Tech's. My son has been lucky enough to continue to receive his full pay this whole time, thank God. But apparently, from what he told me today, they can reopen on March 26th!! So things are looking up. But of course, I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing, because Covid has been a wretched beast, and you just never know. But just know we have a roof over our heads, full 'pouches' (lol), and have been able to pay our bills. And of course, Miss Zoey has been keeping me hopping!! Lol! 

IMG_20210217_155435247.jpg

On 2/14/2021 at 3:55 PM, LeeC said:

Hey Nana Trish,

I also have not been here as often as I should (like before Christmas :unsure:).  Love  your pup, so cute.  We all just do the best we can at the time it is.

I hear you...it's tough with everything going on to get here as often as we should. I know I need to be here more, and had the perfect plan worked out, until hubby went back to work, lol. Now I'm home alone 4 days a week with 15ish week old puppy, lol, so she takes up most of my time. The only reason I have time to post today, is that I finally have her day crate trained, and I have to make sure I crate her during the day for at least an hour. If I don't, hubby and I will never be able to leave the house alone together again!! But thank you, she is totally adorable, and smart as a whip. She's lost 3 baby teeth in the last 2 weeks and has gained 10 pounds in the month that she's been here. I'm scared :lol: I wasn't expecting a large dog, but her dominant breed is German Shepard, so I guess anything is possible.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:36 AM, Aussie Bear said:

Glad to see you finally checked back in @Nana Trish, I've found myself thinking of you a lot lately and wondering how you're going. Zoey is gorgeous and I'm sure will have q huge impact on your lives.

I will be here when I can, @Aussie Bear ♥️ I've been thinking of you a lot lately too :) Read my response to Cinwa and you'll see what's been going on. Things are looking up, finally!! I hope things have been going well for you too, my friend. 

Miss Zoey has certainly been keeping me busy!! And thank you, yes she is gorgeous. I think she's going to be good for me. I can't wait for springtime, so I can get out and walk her, and start exercising again!! 

On 1/30/2021 at 8:04 AM, Res Ipsa said:

Welcome back @Nana Trish!  We missed you.  And thank you for the lovely dog photos.  

I've missed you all too...thank you!! I responded to your message ♥️♥️♥️

What a beautiful pup (s).  Life sure does get hectic!  We added 2 grand babies 8 days apart in January.  One was in the NICU 24 days.  Between work, taking care of a 1 and 2 year old so their mom can nap with the baby and watching the other families 10 year old so they could spend time in the NICU..  just got my second Covid vaccine today.  Every time I think I have a minute I fall asleep, lol!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 10:22 PM, Cheesehead said:

What a beautiful pup (s).  Life sure does get hectic!  We added 2 grand babies 8 days apart in January.  One was in the NICU 24 days.  Between work, taking care of a 1 and 2 year old so their mom can nap with the baby and watching the other families 10 year old so they could spend time in the NICU..  just got my second Covid vaccine today.  Every time I think I have a minute I fall asleep, lol!

Woah, @Cheesehead!! Your plate is certainly full!! Congrats on the new grand babies!! That’s so exciting!! I hope the little one that was in the NICU is doing well now ❤️ 

How did you feel after you got your vaccines? What kind of side effects, if any, did you experience?

I hope all is well with you, and that you get in a nap now and then ❤️❤️❤️

Hi Nana Trish,

I had my first vaccine Feb 20th, got it in Left arm (I'm right handed), shoulder was sore for 3 days and the day after the shot I was tired (do nothing day).   Get my next shot this next Saturday (March 20th).  I'll let you know how that goes.  Based on what my RN friend told me, I expect two days of doing next to nothing.

I have had both of my COVID shots (Pfizer) and have had no side effects whatsoever.

12 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I have had both of my COVID shots (Pfizer) and have had no side effects whatsoever.

Lucky you. We can't get it openly yet in Australia unless a frontline worker, and a few European countries have vetoed Australia getting their planned batches because we've been pretty successful at keeping numbers low via border controls. Well be heading into flu season again in the next few weeks. My age will actually put me in the next group entitled to the vaccine, but for me it will be Astra Zenica only. It's now being manufactured in Australia, but as someone that lives in a rural area, Pfizer was never going to be an option for me anyway due to the required temperature controls. 

Edited by Aussie Bear
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 5:17 PM, LeeC said:

Hi Nana Trish,

I had my first vaccine Feb 20th, got it in Left arm (I'm right handed), shoulder was sore for 3 days and the day after the shot I was tired (do nothing day).   Get my next shot this next Saturday (March 20th).  I'll let you know how that goes.  Based on what my RN friend told me, I expect two days of doing next to nothing.

I got the moderna.  Other than a sore arm and a little tired I had no reaction.  We were also told to get it in the opposite arm from the first one.  Three of the girls I work with got it in the same arm and they developed rashes on that arm..  

how did you fare?

On 3/15/2021 at 5:41 AM, Aussie Bear said:

Lucky you. We can't get it openly yet in Australia unless a frontline worker, and a few European countries have vetoed Australia getting their planned batches because we've been pretty successful at keeping numbers low via border controls. Well be heading into flu season again in the next few weeks. My age will actually put me in the next group entitled to the vaccine, but for me it will be Astra Zenica only. It's now being manufactured in Australia, but as someone that lives in a rural area, Pfizer was never going to be an option for me anyway due to the required temperature controls. 

Flu has been way down in our area.  Not sure if it’s mask wearing, social distancing or a combo.  Even the miniature germ factories (kids) at the daycare have been way healthier this winter..  

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 6:17 PM, LeeC said:

Hi Nana Trish,

Hi Lee,

I finally got my first vaccine last month, and am scheduled to get my second on May 10th. I was sicker than crap for 8 days. Severe fatigue, body aches and a headache that wouldn't go away. But to be honest, I wasn't surprised, because I get side effects to almost everything. I'm not looking forward to the second one, but it is what it is, and I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. I didn't have enough time to truly hydrate before vaccine #1, because I called to make the appointment, and they had us come in an hour later :wacko: lol...but I will be prepared this time with the hydration at least. How did your second one make you feel? I hope yours was ok and you didn't get sick ❤️

On 3/26/2021 at 6:40 AM, Cheesehead said:

Flu has been way down in our area.  Not sure if it’s mask wearing, social distancing or a combo.  Even the miniature germ factories (kids) at the daycare have been way healthier this winter..  

Miniature germ factories...

:lol: That's too funny!! I'm glad to hear that the flu had been down near you. I'm not sure what our numbers for the flu were around here, because all everyone was talking about is Covid.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:39 AM, Cheesehead said:

I got the moderna.  Other than a sore arm and a little tired I had no reaction.  We were also told to get it in the opposite arm from the first one.  Three of the girls I work with got it in the same arm and they developed rashes on that arm..  

how did you fare?

David and I both got the Moderna as well. I got pretty sick (see my response above), and David felt ok except he ended up getting cellulitis in his arm at the injection site. Other than that, we are both still alive, lol, and go back on May 10th for our next one.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:41 AM, Aussie Bear said:

Aussie,

Were you able to get vaccinated since this post? If so, how did you make out? 

I have some new Zoey pictures, since I haven't been on in a while :)

She turned 6 months old on May 1st (that was also the 1st anniversary of my grandmother's death from Covid) and she weighs 44.4 pounds as of yesterday. She weighed 16 pounds at the end of January when we adopted her...or should I say she adopted us!  

IMG_20210501_221525870~2.jpg

IMG_20210502_192559405.jpg

@Nana Trish  Aww Zoey is so cute!  She looks so very healthy and loved <3  Super glad the potty training is better now too.  I can relate to the struggle lol.  My puppy Teddy is now 9 months old.  He does go outside, but also like to sneak to a potty pad once in a while lol.  I guess as long as he is on a potty pad all is well.  :)  He is a little guy only 8# maltese/yorkie mix.  I will need to post pics later since I am at work at the moment.

My most exciting news of 2021 thus far is the birth of our second granddaughter on 4/29!  Juniper was 6lb 6oz 19 3/4" long and is the most perfect baby I have ever seen!  I was there for her birth which was fantastic!  My daughter was only in induced labor for less than 4 hours!  We are over the moon since this baby only lives 2 blocks from us.  Our other granddaughter is almost 5 and she is in Wisconsin.  We are blessed beyond measure and I will need to post some pics of baby girl soon too! <3  

As far as vaccinations, I have had both modern shots.  The first one I felt fine.  The second one I was incredibly tired the next day but that was it.  Work is requiring us all back in the office on June 1st.  I have to admit I have enjoyed the time at home and I do not look forward to being back in the office.  

Hugs to all!