Introducing myself.

Im mew to this forum. I just started my last diet when i hit 252 lbs.  Have been over 200 for about 5 years.  Over 150 for the last 10 years.  Investigating the possibility of surgery, specifically the sleeve surgery.  I got referral from my PC for visits to the surgeon and the dietitian.  Have my first appt to see tbe detitian on Jan. 14.  I want to explore possibly mediccally supervised weight loss or surgery.  

Good luck with it. I always advise folk when visiting bariatric surgeons, to go informed about different procedures, but also open minded. If we are open minded it allows the surgeon to run their tests and help us to make the best decision ourselves once those results are in. There are certainly reasons to favour various surgeries, but until we have all the facts of our health available,  the best decisions really can't be made.

Welcome to Thinner Times Bridge1967.

I'm with Aussie Bear - read all you can and write down questions for your surgeon.

Welcome!

I suggest that you spend some time reading postings throughout this website, and then post any questions that you have.  

You also should look into the RNY gastric bypass as an alternative to the gastric sleeve - each of these weight loss surgeries has its advantages and disadvantages.  There are lots of postings on this topic - here is one fairly recent one:

I have never regretted having my gastric bypass, as it allowed me to become thin, healthy and much more active.

We are here to support you!

On 12/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, Bridge1967 said:

Im mew to this forum. I just started my last diet when i hit 252 lbs.  Have been over 200 for about 5 years.  Over 150 for the last 10 years.  Investigating the possibility of surgery, specifically the sleeve surgery.  I got referral from my PC for visits to the surgeon and the dietitian.  Have my first appt to see tbe detitian on Jan. 14.  I want to explore possibly mediccally supervised weight loss or surgery.  

Welcome to our little community :)

i hope you find all the answers you are looking for. Let us know if you need any help. 

Welcome!  Feel free to ask any questions you may have!