New to this. Got gastric bypass 11/24/2020. 5 weeks tomorrow. What can most people eat at this time? Breakfast seems ok. Dr told me to start meat, fish and ground turkey approximately 2 weeks after surgery. I threw it all up. No bueno. Trying again at 5 weeks. Help.

I was just told to eat "anything you can tolerate" from two weeks post-op.  I really had very few problems, just scrambled eggs, which even at over three years out I can struggle with. Just take it easy and try different textures. If something doesn't go down well initially, wait a couple of weeks then try again. Everyone is unique when it comes to their food progression tolerance. Just make sure you take really small bites and chew well before swallowing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Go slow.  And chew well.  If you don’t tolerate something, give it time and try again.  If something doesn’t agree with you I find papaya enzymes (chewable and found in the vitamin section). Help to dissolve food..