Goal weight - Approx. 200 lbs....

Good Evening, Again!

As you know my name is Charlie Black... and something else came to mind as I was writing the last post.. (Please, help! if you any knowledge on this topic)

So, pre-operation my weight was 406 lbs, I stand 6'1 and based on my weight I would say (that I am a heavy set person) But, now with the way the weight is melting off of me... I am not quiet sure

So, my question? Has anyone hit their goal weight and realized that they could lose more weight? If I were going off BMI... for my height, my goal weight should be approx. 180 lbs (but, maybe cause I have been big my whole life, I really can't picture myself being that small)

Thanks for stopping by, Checkout my youtube channel for more video blogs 

Edited by Charlie Black

The "big boned" thing is often an excuse we give ourselves for being so heavy. I've been heavy all my life and never believed a "normal BMI"  was even a possibility. I'm relatively tall for a female as well. Turns out I wasn't "big boned" or large framed at all, and "normal BMI" actually looks pretty good on me.

Edited by Aussie Bear
Autocorrect sucks sometimes!
32 minutes ago, Aussie Bear said:

The "big boned" thing is often an excuse we give ourselves for bring so heavy. I've been heavy all my life and never believed a "normal BMI"  was even a possibility. I'm relatively tall for a female as well. Turns out I wasn't "big boned" or large framed at all, and "normal BMI" actually looks pretty good on me.

Ain't that the truth!  From the earliest age I remember my Mother telling me that.

I have a lifelong history of obesity/morbid obesity and my mother always said I was big boned.

I have a wrist measurement of 5 1/4" and a  5 - 5 1/2 shoe size so Mother was wrong but she always described herself as big boned too.  Truth was, we were both obese.

4 hours ago, cinwa said:

Ain't that the truth!  From the earliest age I remember my Mother telling me that.

I have a lifelong history of obesity/morbid obesity and my mother always said I was big boned.

I have a wrist measurement of 5 1/4" and a  5 - 5 1/2 shoe size so Mother was wrong but she always described herself as big boned too.  Truth was, we were both obese.

Ditto on this. I even let the hand around the wrist test fool me.   https://www.youbeauty.com/fitness/ask-a-scientist-being-big-boned/  As my weight dropped off so to did the fat around my wrists and hands. I can now touch my smallest finger to my thumb when I wrap my hand around my wrist. I was much taller than you though at 5' 11" back in my younger days, and my feet were size 11!!!! My wrist these days is 6.5", so by the article that would seem to put me at the upper measure for medium boned.

• 3 weeks later...

Go for it.  You should have a healthy a BMI as is possible.  You wont think of yourself as too skinny just too awesome.