I have a date for surgery

My WLS date is 12/22 pending COVID, yay! Thank you to everyone on this site answering my questions:)

2 hours ago, Bluetardis45 said:

My WLS date is 12/22 pending COVID, yay! Thank you to everyone on this site answering my questions:)

Wow, right before Christmas.  I don't think I could have done that. Good for you though. Hope Covid doesn't throw any spanners in the works for you.

We've just had our first community transmission of Covid in my state yesterday having had no active cases for months (other than overseas travellers in medi-hotel quarantine)....and boy did that family get around the state....worst still tbey used public transport to get around and we're in various medical facilities as well. Today I've been seeing posts on local WLS pages that people are having their surgeries cancelled at very short notice. One poor guy was supposed to have his tomorrow, after going through 4 weeks of liquid meal replacements, only to have the whole thing cancelled this morning. I'm certainly glad I'm currently not booked for an elective surgery...im on a waiting list for plastics, but not even really thinking about that to be honest. As if our government funded health system isn't totally fickle as is, throw in Covid and it becomes completely unpredictable. 

Aussie Bear COVID ugh! Sorry to hear one traveling family could hurt your whole community. 

On 11/18/2020 at 3:59 AM, Bluetardis45 said:

Aussie Bear COVID ugh! Sorry to hear one traveling family could hurt your whole community. 

We actually went into what is being called "the harshest lockdown in the world" as of midnight last night. Not even allowed to take a walk outside for exercise or take a fog for a walk! 

Wow, that is a harsh lock down!  Where I live it is relatively mild compared to most other places, I do stay home for safety none the less. Doctor appointments and food runs about it. 

1 hour ago, Bluetardis45 said:

Wow, that is a harsh lock down!  Where I live it is relatively mild compared to most other places, I do stay home for safety none the less. Doctor appointments and food runs about it. 

I've been doing pretty much the same although I have been used to taking regular daily walks. They unfortunately have been banned for now. What really stunned me was the government also banned all weddings and funerals. I really feel for anyone that had a wedding planned for this weekend. We went from almost no restrictions to complete lockdown (other than medical or essential shopping) in the space of 12 hours....and they wonder why the state had a all out shopping frenzy yesterday. Only one trip to the supermarket each day and only one member of a household can go. Plus there's no leaving your lockdown area at all...I had a last minute dash to a town an hours drive away yesterday afternoon so I could pick up my glasses. I'd bought them about a two months ago, but the script was wrong and I had to return them to have them remade. I was really struggling with being unable to see. The national highway was the busiest I'd ever seen it as people were clearly scrambling to get to their desired lockdown location.