Hello all! Had a combo surgery on 10/27, Gastric Sleeve, Gallbladder Removal, and Hiatal Hernia Repair.  I’m 19 days out, I’m so tired of fluids lol.  Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome to Thinner Times @LAVSG2020. This forum kept me sane both during my lead up to my revisional surgery,  and even now many years after. There may not be many active members here these days, but those that are here are a great source of inspiration and experience. Good luck moving forward. Once you transition to a full diet, life becomes much more easy to manage day to day.

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I’m trying not to let the liquid only phase get me down, but I’m not going to lie, it’s pretty tough!  Looking forward to get to know the groups :)

1 hour ago, LAVSG2020 said:

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I’m trying not to let the liquid only phase get me down, but I’m not going to lie, it’s pretty tough!  Looking forward to get to know the groups :)

I never had to do a post-op liquid only phase. My surgeon had us on soft foods the day after surgery before being released from hospital. I was cleared to eat "whatever you can tolerate" at my two week followup. I recall a couple of other members here, who had their surgeries in Europe, had the same thing. Most surgeons in Australia though do a similar slow progression like is common in the US.