How's Everyone Doing In These Difficult Times?

I'm blessed to live in the foothills of Washington State and can neither see nor hear our nearest neighbour. 

Other than when I venture out to get fresh produce etc., life goes on pretty much as normal for us but I'm aware that isn't the case for a lot of people.

Please know that I'm thinking of you all but check in and let us know how you're doing.

After months of no community transmission, my state got hit again in this past weekend. So we are back to some pretty tight restrictions again as of midnight tonight. Not as bad as they were originally,  but only time will tell if they've closed things down quickly enough. It really hasn't affected my boring life very much, other than affecting my ability to visit my 90+ year old parents in their assisted care facility. 

• 2 weeks later...

We're on 1.5 acres - occasionally talk across the fence to neighbors.  One set is older like us and isolating. The other set is younger and not worried about catching Covid.  Having worked in the medical field most of my life, I'm erring on the side of caution and good sense. Neither hubby or I are overly social so not going places and visiting others is no issue  We'll stay cautious for at least a month after we get two doses of vaccine.  But it will be nice to visit with family at some point.  Apparently Covid ruins your immune system.  This article is about a friend of a friend of mine https://www.hjnews.com/news/local/my-coronavirus-nightmare-a-first-person-account-by-cache-valley-notable-julie-hollist-terrill/article_ba898c38-ba50-52f8-8342-6296bf00e63c.html?fbclid=IwAR26592dkFrgrS3e6XWwIkq3utnEKQPsmCod8uq8CM7VpqmisGazRAoEfWc

I now know of 4 people who've had it;

Person  #1 - friend of a friend and he died  (Western WA)

Person #2 - friend of mine and he still feels terrible (age 75 and was in good shape) (Northern Idaho)

Person #3 - my best friend's son age 40 - continued problem with coughing with extra exertion (was in good shape) (Southern Idaho)

Person #4 - this lady in the article  (Utah)