Hello old friends!!!

Most of you probably don’t remember me, but I used to be here morning, noon and night when I had my surgery!  

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of my surgery!  While the pandemic wasn’t good for me (I was working from home, stressed and working 15’ from the kitchen)!  Once I got through the stress eating, I started cooking. I finally had extra time since I didn’t a commute anymore, I walked away from my desk at 4 and was home to cook dinners (my husband usually cooked since he’d get home long before me).  I kept ordering groceries from walmart and making new recipes. I finally had time to learn to use my instant pot and I kept cooking and making things. I learned to make handmade tortillas and we had fajitas often.  I even learned to make egg rolls!  I was turning into a real foodie!  None of this helped with my weight. Along with that, I also began my journey into menopause. I am back on track now with my eating and control of my cooking!  I had gained 15# but have lost 6.5 of that and am still working on the rest.  However, none of my clothes fit whatsoever!  All my new clothes I had worn for 2 yrs fit!  So, oddly enough, I am only up 7.5# but really up 3 pants sizes!!!  The whole menopause has changed my body shape like nothing before. It is frightening really, because I feel like my body is fighting me.  Today, however, I finally went back to the gym and am certain that will help me work off some inches.  We are still walking approx 3 miles a day (all through the pandemic) but that isn’t the same as gym workouts and it didn’t help much.  My husband and I started keto 6 wks ago.  We eat very little carbs and are in ketosis constantly.  He’s lost close to 20# and looks phenomenal!  I lost a little weight at the beginning and have stayed the same for the past 4 wks.  

So, basically, I am not where I thought I would be, nor where I wanted to be, but I also haven’t thrown in the towel and given up either!  I am still way less than when I started and I am less than what I have been since 1989, so I am still happy with my outcome. I am just hoping the gym will help now.  (Our gyms just opened last month but I was nervous about going, however, it was really empty tonight so I am much more at ease now).

I trust everyone here is well and still succeeding!  

Nice to see you back @CheeringCJ. I definitely remember you. Menopause is an interesting time to say the least. haha!!! Contrary to what many say it doesn't really make much difference when it comes to weightloss,  it's still all about what goes into your mouth. At least you're addressing you relatively small regain promptly. 

I'm a bit further post-op than you, and only about 5-6 lbs higher than I was, but yep....most of my clothes (the bottoms anyway) don't fit me either. Over time I seem to be building up more volume in my apron, and that's really affecting my ability to get into my usual pants. Hopefully... eventually... abdominoplasty will take care of that for me, but for now I'm still just being careful with my food intake, and relying more on dresses and skirts than tight fitting jeans. I did buy a couple of pairs of higher size paper bag high waist jeans that seem to be doing a better job of hiding the weight shift somewhat while I work away that extra few pounds. It is far harder to do from a lighter weight than it was when I was heavy though. Lucky for me we have just come out of the comfort food winter, and heading full speed into the salad filled summer season.

Edited by Aussie Bear

Welcome back @CheeringCJ!  I remember that you had many thoughtful posts and it is great to get an update.

We remain here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. :)

Hey CJ! Nice to hear from you :) I’ve gained around 40 pounds, so don’t stress over 15...and you’ve even lost half of that already! That’s great! Check out my thread “This is why I’ve been gone for so long” in the socialize section, and that will explain my weight gain. I’m working on getting back on track, and I’m trying to remember that I’m still 150 pounds down, so I haven’t lost the fight. I’ve just taken a detour. I’m sure it was quite trying, working from home and having the extra time to experiment with food...plus having access to it all day. This virus has hit us all pretty hard. I lost my grandmother to Covid on May 1st, and I’ve been heartbroken since.

My daughter has been working from home, and she had to have Harper there with her, alone, while she was working...until this last Monday. I’m finally able to take him back once a week, at least for now. Since the numbers are climbing again, it may only be for a short time before Covid nails is here in New York again. So I’m cherishing every second I get to spend with him. 

I can unfortunately relate to not being able to fit into your clothes. Luckily I live in leggings, so the pants aren’t the issue. It’s my tops. Along with this lovely weight gain, I have gained about 5” on my waist, and I have boobs again. Which I’m finding out I don’t like, or want, them very much anymore. They actually make me feel fat! So I feel everything you’re going through. But it sounds like you’re doing really well getting back on track! I’m gonna have to go full on Keto again, I think, if I’m gonna drop the weight. Hubby is maintaining at between 168-170, and looks amazing...he weighs less than I do! Yikes! But I’m happy for him, and it sounds like your hubby is doing great as well :) We will all get to where we want to be, sooner or later. It’ll just take the work that we know we can do to get there! 

Oh, I almost forgot...here are a couple of pics. One of Harper, and the other of Harper and hubby right after making a bird house on Monday :) E1447618-E77A-4833-9929-6865EA0CF903.thumb.png.06e893520375d5692df67caa84ebdfc6.pngC2556DED-928E-44BC-B0E8-0BA56935EDE4.thumb.jpeg.c97055a2b9df7f446c609b646dc73d36.jpeg

Edited by Nana Trish

Hello @CheeringCJ!  So good to read your post!  I am glad yall are healthy.  Unfortunately Covid is affecting many of us in the weight gain category.  I am up 7#.  I do feel like I am definitely not exercising as much either with all this stay at home stuff, so I started focusing on that this week.  Congratz on 3 years!!!  I hope the time at the gym is good to you.  Please stay in touch when you can - your posts always made me smile :)

On 11/12/2020 at 12:36 PM, TammyP said:

Hello @CheeringCJ!  So good to read your post!  I am glad yall are healthy.  Unfortunately Covid is affecting many of us in the weight gain category.  I am up 7#.  I do feel like I am definitely not exercising as much either with all this stay at home stuff, so I started focusing on that this week.  Congratz on 3 years!!!  I hope the time at the gym is good to you.  Please stay in touch when you can - your posts always made me smile :)

Miss you, @TammyP❤️ Hope you’re doing well, my friend!!

On 11/14/2020 at 6:05 PM, Nana Trish said:

Miss you, @TammyP❤️ Hope you’re doing well, my friend!!

Hiya honey!  Miss you too!  How are things going?  I am definitely enjoying carbs too much.  So frustrating in that I know what to do, but the mind games I play with myself to rationalize these carbs!  Ack!

Welcome back @CheeringCJ  !!!   Glad you are doing well.  Congrats on the 3 years.  Its crazy how 5 lbs can make such a difference in clothing when #20 didnt make any difference when I weighed  #300+ !!

Edited by tracyringo

Hi. I certainly remember you. You had surgery a few months before me. I will be three years in April. My goal is to get ten pounds off before my check up. It will be hard with the holidays but each day I give it my best. 

Good to see some of the old timers!  
@CheeringCJsounds like you’ve got this!  I find if I don’t get my 10,000 steps in; when I get home I jump out of the car and walk till I get them in.  Because once I go in the house and get comfy I don’t want to move, lol.  
@Nana Trish Harpers getting so big!!